It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Was So Big I Couldn't See The Edges....I Couldn't See Past It

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

It could have been slightly uneven and the shadow could have been diverted away from him.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The guy was out in the woods, and I didn't hear any information about how far away he was from a population center.

These days with everyone carrying cel phones with cameras, sooner or later, if this is really happening, we should be seeing a picture. That is the question they should have asked him. Don't you have a camera on your cel phone?

There seemed to be an effort on the part of the witness to tell as little as possible. Larry asks him where the UFO went, and he doesn't answer, he just repeats what he said earlier about the crafts attitude. Did the UFO disappear into the sky? As if he has a few well rehearsed lines that give as little information as possible, and he doesn't want to deviate from what he has decided to say.

There sure seems to be a lot of reports of UFO's coming out of Texas lately. Maybe they are trying to deliver a message to GW that they know where he lives.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

this is just conjecture of course but what if the craft had just appeared over him(a craft capable of moving that fast could seem to just 'appear' over an location) and the sudden darkening was what made him look up. Perhaps in the shock of the situation he didn't realize thats why he looked up. Or maybe no body asked him.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I have a cell phone, but I don't carry it with me every where I go. I just don't. I use it for emergencies only and if I'm traveling.

Just because he didn't take a picture doesn't mean you should call him a liar. I think he's as honest as they come.

Yes he told me it shot off into the sky at a 45 degree angle remaining flat.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Personally if I saw something like that above my head, I'm not so sure that my first thought would be..."now where is that cell phone so I can take a picture".... HAHA It might be "dang, I shoulda wore 'depends' today"

Dont get me wrong, I was NOT in anyway debunking Ricky's claim. I personally believe him. I am VERY interested and intrigued by what has been happenning in Texas this year. Those are just thoughts that went through my head when I heard the account.

This has been a very interesting year with regard to this topic IMO.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You might be surprised inside a craft and see only orbs, inside the craft guiding it.

I saw one last week it was probably a quarter mile out, it was in between two houses and dark clouds, it just hung there, a very dark grey metallic craft, my intuition told me to look out the glass sliding door. I just looked at it for two minutes, I thought my wife saw it, but she wasn't looking where I was.

Its funny the more you start seeing them the less motivated you are to prove their existance.

Those that know say nothing. I have seen some that seem to materialize when nobody is around on a main highway to float around like a butterfly and lights going around it, wife thought that one was a blimp in the sky I was looking for a camera didn't have one, I said to the wife that's no blimp hon.

Didn't see how long it stood their, but it just floated in the air kind of off balance when it first materialized into the air, Its like looking at a ghost, then all of a sudden they have a real solid appearance. Long story wife said lets get out of here, I died inside , I was like this chance doesn't happen all the time to see one in daylight within fifteen to twenty feet.

The closer the craft got to the ground the more off balance the craft became. It actually hid behind a ridge as if playing pick a boo with me.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by menguard]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The size of the craft really does not matter in space so the posters who just can’t get their minds around the idea of a craft that size please realize it is by our own human ignorance that we cannot perceive of a vehicle of those dimensions. Who here has seen a modern US Nuclear aircraft carrier in person?
If we can build those and it is a type of “ MotherShip “ for the fighters, then I believe Aliens can build a Higher tech space traveling version don’t you?

I don’t recall him saying it was a mile long or a mile wide, I think somebody fumbled the ball and now they are misquoting him.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
this reminds me of the scene in Austin Powers where Dr. Evil holds the world ransom for 'One Million Dollars!' and everyone laughs because that's not much money anymore.
Well, probably measuring space vehicles in mere miles seems silly to aliens.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
probably measuring space vehicles in mere miles seems silly to aliens.

I think so.
I mean come on " IF " they are real and " IF " they had the tech to travel to our world from a great distance. That means they are way more advanced than we are, so in " Theory " Building crafts of that size would be like us building a modern Super Oil tanker or a Modern Nuclear Aircraft carrier.

Great post by tthe way good feed back.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

thanks for your contributions to the thread.
they are appreciated.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Correct. It was Steve Allen who said what he saw was a mile wide. Ricky simply said he couldn't see the edges of it through the tree canopy. I would guess what he saw was approx 3 football fields in size (300 yards or so). When I said this to Ricky he agreed.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Now days, eye witness reports don't mean too much. Sure they are compelling, but in reality, it's 2008 and a lot of skeptics and even believers (such as myself) demand solid evidence.

There has been numerous accounts reported and were captured via video/photographed. Sure, photoshop does make it's way in these so called evidence files, but the truth is obviously out there. Alien life is obviously Real and a part of our planet. We just need to see it, to believe it.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The witness seems totally credible to me. What does he have to gain from his disclosure? Harassment and ridicule! I believe him, Aliens are real, they are here and we are all being kept in the dark by the government.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
"I couldn;t see the edges" is an incredibly misleading quote to start with. If he'd been in the open that yould mean that the thing was bloody collosal to such a point that it would be frankly impossible (ok, EXTREMLY unlikely) that no-one else saw it. However he was in a wood, and given the thickness of the foiliage that you can see in the clip, it wouldn;t have to be all that big for him to not be able to see the edges from within such foliage, as an above poster reckoned, the size of a few football fields would be just fine as a size estimate.

So basically, if it was there it was big, but not as huge as the thread title indicates and some people are assuming it to have been indicated to be.

Next up, no sonic boom? Anything going at the speed indicated (if i'd have blinked, i'd have missed it) is going to make a sonic boom as it is a large object moving at high speed, through atmosphere. I find it funny how people try to defend this fact with 'oh, it was propbaly in another dimension or something', that's stretching things a little too far, even for me simply because there is nothing whatsover that could support such an idea other than 'well, can't explain it any other way, so it must be that!'.

Assuming this happened as stated, I can see it being a military project, but I'd aim more to the side of hologram (size, speed and no sonic boom) than any physical reality. That said, I have no idea how they would achieve that (I'm a control systems engineer, not a holographic pro) and the only reason I entertain the idea is because, and someone please correct the faults i'm about to make as I don;t recall it exactly, the CIA devloped a way to produce large scale holograms in the sky, which they wnated to pretend to make allah appear over some muslim city many years ago. Sure the actual technology then wasn;t that viable, but maybe it is now. Hell CTers love to talk about some false flag opeartion using a holographic fleet of alien ships, so maybe it was a dry run for that?

On the idea of it being alien technolgy, sure, maybe. But what credible reason would a pretty large and conspicious ship have to just float over a wood for a few minutes and then fly off, silently, at break neck speed. Nobody has presented anything other than conjecture for why it would have been there. And certianly, a lack of a good reason is no reason to not believe the event itself.

But certainly alien disclosure can be ruled out, because it was in an exceptionally rural area. And it's frankly rubbish to believe that this is their idea for a great way to do it, slowly exposing huge ships to rural areas to get people to believe, because flying over a major city would cause mass panic, for the simple reason that we'd probably have mass panic when the public find out anyway. Assuming theres anything to find out in the first place.

What this boils down to is a mildly interesting story with no back up evidence whatsover, so all we can do is sit here and throw wild theories around and basically get absolutely nowhere further within the field of UFOlogy...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Not that saying this the first time really seemed to have done much good.. but what the heck.. let's try again

I think it's very difficult to rule out any option because of the *POSSIBILITY* it was in fact some form of alien technology, if it was we have no idea of how these beings operate/think/reason if they do any of that at all, who really knows, it's all so speculative when it comes down to the matter of ET's in my opinion. what can be proved or disproved about something that has not been proved disproved in the first place? While all the ideas listed above may be far-fetched I don't think everyone meant them in a literal sense at all, more of an example as to anything is possible, which seems to be a good way to go about these things seeing as we know nothing about it..

( edited spelling and added a word to make the sentence make sense, where is spell checker located?
)

[edit on 27-7-2008 by klawsraught]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by MsSmartypants

He must have seen a mother ship. That is one HUGE craft and it did not make any noise when it hovered there. I think something that size would freak me out.

The description dwarfs...in size...that of the one which hovered over the US Franklin D Roosevelt aircraft carrier...the ONLY carrier with nuclear weapons at the time. It disappeared beneath the water....which is where I personally believe the majority of these UFOs originate.

It was as large as the carrier itself... and witnessed by a couple of dozen crew and officers.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

Big sigh.....I truly believe this is an important story whether the sighting was of a hologram, man made object or alien craft. And of course I did not want my thread to fade off into obscurity when I felt it was worthy of our discussion.

So as I am fond of saying on my threads......

Made you look.

And now seriosly, I too have heard of the false flag operation involving the hologram of an alien invasion and when I saw Mr. Caron's Stephenville TX video my first thought was is this a crude test run of this hologram technology? But then it turned out that the light patterns were most likely the result of the camera shaking.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
See and read if this link is similar to what you have witnessed.

www.uforth.com...

Good Luck!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

It was a dull grey, it had a bunch of cone like indentions (He calls them protrusions, but he says they went into the craft and not out.), he didn't ever say anything about lights though, he also said it flew off so fast that if he's blinked he wouldn't have seen it fly off. He saw it take off at an angle, he said that he would have thought it would have had to turn a bit to take off at the angle (he makes a gesture with his hand to illustrate it a couple of times in the vid), but he says it flew in a forward vertical angle, but it never turned to match the trajectory (that's the best way i can describe what he was trying to describe).

i wish he gave more details though, I'd like to know what arrangement the cones were in, what shape the cones were (circular, hexagon ect.).

i bet any lighting it had probably came fromt hose cones, oh also he said it didn't have any seams on it either.

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
How much air an object of that size would displace? Would it not create massive winds as it sped off into the distance?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join