It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some suggestsions and requests to consider

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
While I think that the amount of time and effort put into this board has successfully made it into the wonderful enterprise of information it is today, I hope the mods and owners don't mind my making a few suggestions I would like considered. Please discuss this, if you could, amongst yourselves.

1. Voting for other members. I find that forcing people to choose only 3 votes per month is rather discouraging. I am sure I am not the only one who thinks this way and would like to see this voting limit removed, as there are people I have wanted to vote for but withheld that vote because either a) that limit of only 3 votes or b) because I wasn't sure yet they were full of crap (espionage agent)

2. The new scheme for voting on threads is an awesome idee. However, it would appear that sometimes I cannot vote on a thread even though I have never voted for it before(no, I wasnt the author...). I doubt this is an isolated problem, and I would like it looked at if anyone else has experienced this issue. In my case, most specifically, the score appears but there is no vote radio button for me to click on (as in the numbers).

thanks for considering my proposals as I hope they weren't too much to ask for.

[Edited on 3/12/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hi AlnilamOmega!!

Very many thanx for your suggestions - it's good of you to take the time to suggests improvements to the ATS board!!

I'm sure they will be discussed elsewhere eg DISC/ Mods in due course, as we continue to strive to make ATS what it is: a fantastic on-line community!!

Thanx again AlnilamOmega

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I agree. I haven't been here that long, but I have to say that it would seriously impact the forum. Users would be able to surf the forums, and pick & choose topics based on other user's perspectives, which in turn would be reflected in the votes.

Good point AlnilamOmega.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
You may not be looking at the first page of the thread which is the only place you can vote. Double check that.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Are you talking to me?

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
No. no. I was answering AO's question #2.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Yes, but instead of voting for everyone, you should only pick the top three people. You should also be careful on who you vote for.

Jim

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
No. no. I was answering AO's question #2.

Oh, OK, cool. I wasn't sure there for a minute.

Mr. M

top topics

join