It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take the PEW News IQ Test

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

The clueless ignorant public not being allowed to vote is even scarier don't you think?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I was shocked to see that the national average is around 50% I got 91 on the survey. I didn't miss the Federal Reserve question. I checked back and it was the Dow Jones Industrial. I got 11/12 correct.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by BanzaiBoy]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The best part of the quiz is that no matter how high or low you score, you get to see the correct answers afterwards. And like GI Joe says: Knowing is half the battle!

I learned something, and I hope ATS will consider making their own version of the quiz for us ATS user. It's not only fun, but it's educational as well. Dinstaar had a terrific suggestion!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I got 11 out of 12...placing me at 91...I did it fairly quickly although one question ...the Kosovow question made be think for a bit.

I am not American although I have lived and worked throughout the US....so I guess that has helped a lot.

edit...I read the results. I missed the number of US troops killed in Iraq. I had thought we were closer to 5000 since the start of the conflict.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
OK... after researching the question ...how many US troops dead since the beginning of the Iraq conflict...is 4124 as of now..(look at time of posting)

with 342 troops killed in Afghanistan....

and 76 Canadian soldiers killed in Afghanistan...one Canadian Diplomat...

and so on.

Great thread.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If it hasn't already been said, This question,

What is the name of the talk show host who has campaigned for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama?

Is a sad reflection of the current state of American politics. That's right folks, you better know which celebrity supports which candidate, or you don't read enough you ignorant hick! (celebrity gossip...)

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
12/12 97% baby

now that i feel all egotistical and confident about myself, wheres my cookie?

is it chocolate chip? i hope so, those are the best!

pewresearch.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WuTang
If it hasn't already been said, This question,

What is the name of the talk show host who has campaigned for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama?

Is a sad reflection of the current state of American politics. That's right folks, you better know which celebrity supports which candidate, or you don't read enough you ignorant hick! (celebrity gossip...)

I make it a priority to know everything , even if it is pointless drivel.

All knowledge is useful in some way or another. Even wrong information is useful.

Like they say, if you know history, you can avoid repeating it

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
83%.

I think that's pretty damn good seeing as I'm Canadian and the quiz was heavily biased towards US politics.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I got 12 out of 12 correct but I am a major news/current events junkie. I am not sure I am proud of that score because I just blew through them in a matter of a minute and I considered them all way too easy. The only one I had a question on was the DOW and where it was at and I got that one right on a guess.

Is it sad that the rest of the country is about 50%? I am not to sure. They are probably happier than I...

I am also HS or less so I should be in the 29% bracket which is very sad...

Those in my age group were at about 39% which is sad too...

My gender is at 56% which is a bit better but the females are woeful as a group.

In the end I did 97% better than the general public. Translation.. I need to unplug for a while..

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
69% from a 19 y/o Canadian

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
97 for me that was easy....I wonder how I didnt get 100.....I got all 12 of 12 correct...

[edit on 26-7-2008 by mybigunit]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Hey I took the test, was careful about which boxes I checked, and was sure of the answers -- I am a news junkie -- and received a 76. Surprised, I looked at which questions I missed and there were three listed that WERE NOT WHAT I CLICKED ON, the answers that were given as correct were the ones I selected.

I then backed up the browser and could CLEARLY SEE THE BOXES I HAD SELECTED were correct and what they summarized as my inccorect answers were WRONG.

I took the test AGAIN. Answered everything the same, and scored 83. This time it said I had answered two of the questions incorrectly. Once again I backed up w/my browser and saw ANSWERS CORRECTLY CHECKED and NOT WHAT it said I answered/checked.

So I'm calling "CONSPIRACY" and would like to ask those of you interested to join in and see if we can test to see if they are using algorhythms that support a presuppositon in regards to gender and education.

Obviously this is data-mining. I would assume for the purposes of marketing which is the most obvious road to monetizing research data, which is what Pew does.

So here's that's what I experienced.

What I think I know is that are not using an IP to track the User, as I took it THREE TIMES, gave the same answers and got THREE DIFFERENT 'false' results. Meaning you too can do this, RIGHT NOW and see what your results are, THEN LOOK BACK at your answers and see if they MATCH.

I think they either have, A) an issue with their code OR B) they are molding their data to reinforce a client's biased views -- i.e. I am a woman who entered the work force at 13 and for that reason an autodidact. I answered as such both times.

THEN I TOOK THE TEST THE THIRD TIME and said I was a 39 yr. old man with a college degree. This time I SCORED a 91, the only question I got 'incorrect' was troops killed in Iraq, which was a constant in every test when results were delivered. EVERY RESULT said I selected 4000, but EVERYTIME I went back I could see I SELECTED 3000.

So JOIN in and take the test multiple times, because WHAT'S MORE FUN THAN TESTING A TEST?

When you reach the end click on "How You Did, Question by Question" look at what it said you got wrong, and BACKUP and SEE if that IS ACTUALLY WHAT THE BOX YOU CHECKED.

YOU MUST CLOSE THE BROWSER WINDOW AFTER EACH TEST -- I relaunched from the OP's link -- and then do it again using different demograpics AND TELL US THE RESULTS.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I got a 10 out of 12 missed the one about how many peopel killed in iraq and wheteher the dems or rep were in control of the senate.

Goodd little quiz. I enjoyed it

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I got 12/12 also...

These polls are fun, but I never trust them or really see the value.

What is interesting and would be a better poll would be what the policy's and thoughts behind said leaders. If the actions they have taken are the questions, rather than simple names/dates. Would show alot more where an average american is in terms of knowing what is really going on.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

12 for 12 here too!

97% percentile......that and $1.35 will get me 16oz. coffee at the local 7-11.

It is scary that people that scored below the average have the right to vote.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I got a 97% but got all questions right.

But, I did have to guess on 2 of the questions and through the process of elimination, I got them right but, maybe time is a factor??

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I got a 12/12 97percentile!! Yeah, thanks for posting this, it is finally nice to have all that time I spend reading the newspapers pay off! Wooo Hooo_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I got 12/12 but my percentile was only 91. Must have to do with my age/gender...36/male

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
From Latvia I scored 59, but I have no interest in US what so ever

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join