Take the PEW News IQ Test

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I scored well, but I do not really feel proud for knowing the answers to those questions. Not only were they easy, but the quiz was very short, and mainly asked questions about media darlings.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by craic.n.up

Not bad at all craic.n.up! It's amazing how informed foreigners are on American current events and politics.

As someone said, I'm sure I would have scored much lower if it had been a fill-in the blank test! It seems I need more visual cues to stimulate my memory as I grow older.

Oh well, we live and we learn. Great job guys!
:

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
69%, or 8/12. I missed The Dow Jones question, the number of soldiers killed in Iraq, the House Majority Leader and the state McCain was in. I said New Mexico instead of Arizona, oops. I did way better than most people in my age group and my gender.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I scored a 90 and I don't read newspapers or watch American News because of the propaganda they spread, case in point, they cow towed to George Bush the entire time he was in office and played down all the poop this little dictator has put this country through AND THE PEOPLE BOUGHT IT.

It is my humble opinion that our large corporate owned news media has failed us big time.

BBC News is better but they too are being incorporated into the NWO.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

I scored a 90 and I don't read newspapers or American News.

It is my humble opinion that our large corporate owned news media has failed us big time.

BBC News is better but they too are being incorporated into the NWO.

Great score! I like to read the BBC New too! Sometimes they discuss things you just can't find in the American news.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
12/12

It helps by being a student studying economics and having synesthesia.

We should make an ATS version.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Here's Your Score: You correctly answered 11 out of the 12 possible questions, which means you did better on the quiz than 91% of the general public.

How can you get a 97%?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Foreigners are better informed because they have better news coverage.

I watch the BBC and they are way better then FOX or CNN.

If you read the PWENEWS IQ Score, it seems that the scores rose by age group. ie, ages 50+ scored the highest.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

Read Paul Waldman's book, Fraud and Naomi Wolf's The End of America.

Keep voting Republican and we are all going to end up in the toilet except that is Bush's "haves and have mores".

fyi: My husband and I make over 110k a year and we are democrate. Republican's can not balance the budget, have torn our constitution apart (rippppp), raised our taxing system (I paid less in taxes then my cleaning lady - Thank you George Bush Jr).

You folks voting Republican have swallowed the news media propaganda hook line and sinker...........duhhhhh

People you need to WAKE UP, START EDUCATING YOURSELVES AS TO WHAT IS GOING ON, and I don't mean watching Fox, CNN and reading the newspapers which are slanted to control your feeble minds.

WAKE UP!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
12/12

It helps by being a student studying economics and having synesthesia.

We should make an ATS version.
Now that's a cool Idea DINSTAAR! One of the moderators or owners might be able to do something like that, but I know I couldn't. It'd be a great way for everyone to keep up on current events. Star for you!

PS: Great Score!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

I'm not sure how it's scored CO.. I got 12 out of 12 and that was a 97. I guess somehow the scores are weighted as someone else suggested.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I scored 59 too..really surprised me... for a Brit!!

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
83% 10 out of 12

I missed "Since the start of military action in Iraq, about how many U.S. military personnel have been killed?"
the correct answer was higher than I thought (I haven't looked in quite some time bc it seemed to be rising quickly)

The other one I missed was which talk show host blah blah blah
should have GUESSED it was Oprah Winfrey, but I think I went w/ Jay Leno. Shows you where my focus HASN'T been!!

edited to add: great test!
thanks for sharing

[edit on 26-7-2008 by justamomma]

[edit on 26-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Thanks Lloyd. I was under the assumption 12 out of 12 would've been 100%.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Got a 91.

I'm a bit surprised I missed the Serbia question, Chechnya obviously isn't right, but I put it anyway. Just woke up, can't be expected to be perfect yet.

I'm surprised most people average around 50 in the US. That's far higher than I expected, even for a test this ridiculously easy. This is BASIC knowledge for anyone with an opinion and/or one that pays attention.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
well - i am from the UK and scored 91% - sadly - i do not think that this reflects well on my preformance - rather the shocking ingorance of ` average americans `

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
i wouldn't worry if you did bad on this test it means nothing.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

the scores are not weighted - its a percentage offsett

your 97% score incidates that only 3% of respondants also correctly answered every question correctly

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

"" Take this simple test and find out! I scored a 97, how about you? ""

Well, all that means is, you are thoroughly indoctrinated with data, that won't do you much good!

Which just boils down to you being just another expert of useless information.

Like, does the world really need another expert or rock n roller?

I would have rather seen, that you were an expert on how to wake people up to the popular lies we are told,

not the useless information that won't help us figure out who the liars are.

I guess I am expecting too much..

Congrats anyways...

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Don't get mad just because you didn't get a perfect score.
All knowledge is important. It helps you to speak intelligently when going against the lairs. Don't you know this already?

AAC

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join