pewresearch.org — To test your knowledge of prominent people and major events in the news, we invite you to take our short quiz. Then see how you did in comparison with 1,003 randomly sampled adults asked the same questions. On average, respondents could correctly answer approximately six out of twelve questions.
Originally posted by AshleyD
I scored a 35 and the national average is 50. Time for me to break open a newspaper, it looks like.
Originally posted by Becker44
12/12 Lloyd. Puts me in that 97th percentile. Have we won something? Wondering if the questions are the same every time.
I had Q's about Sunni's the Fed reserve chairman.
Overall not bad. I wonder how many will take this. It only takes 2 minutes.
[edit on 26-7-2008 by Becker44]
which state John mcCain represented. LOL
Originally posted by Copernicus
I scored 59 which is above average, and im not an American, I dont follow the news and I have no interest in politics whatsoever.
I think I managed to answer most of the questions correctly because of my decent memory.
[edit on 26-7-2008 by Copernicus]
1. Is Condoleezza Rice: The U.S. Secretary of State Correct 70
2. Followers of the two major branches of Islam are seeking political control in Iraq. One branch is the Shi'a, whose members are known as Shiites. Can you name the other one? The Sunni Correct 62
3. Since the start of military action in Iraq, about how many U.S. military personnel have been killed? Around 4,000 Correct 28
4. Do you happen to know what state U.S. Senator John McCain represents in Congress? Arizona Correct 56
5. Do you happen to know the name of the current majority leader of the U.S. Senate? Harry Reid Correct 24
6. Do you happen to know which political party has a majority in the U.S. House of Representatives? Democrats Correct 70
7. What is the name of the talk show host who has campaigned for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama? Oprah Winfrey Correct 84
8. Is Hugo Chavez the President of: Venezuela Correct 50
9. Do you happen to know if the Dow Jones Industrial Average is currently closer to: 12,000 Correct 31
10. Can you name the chairperson of the Democratic National Committee? Howard Dean Correct 40
11. Do you happen to know who is chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve Board? Ben Bernanke Correct 35
12. Which of the following recently declared its independence from Serbia? Kosovo Correct 46
Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I missed the Dow Jones and the Federal Reserve Chairman. I should have had the second one. I've even posted about him! Argh! But it does show that my weakness in the economy.
Gosh, I hope that doesn't come back to bite me!