It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason the democrats want high gas prices

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Let the markets change. If there is a real option to gasoline/diesel then why is it not on the market?

If there is a water/hydrogen engine then lets see it in action, going down the road. AND at what cost to the consumer?

Roper

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

Do you KNOW for a fact that there is oil/gas there Krieger? I mean you would bet your life on it?

Alaska is a very large state, where is Alaska. Where off the coast?

Roper

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Roper

Yes, they know there is at least 6.68BILLION barrels in oil under land being leased for Millions in Alaska. Why it is being leased to oil companies to drill on.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Ha some of you have me on ignore???

Thats the way to promote conversation...

Whats really funny is that all the things you conservatives say about the scourge of liberalism, the attitudes, the stupidity and the wanting Americans to pay more for gas
is what I think about you guys. I can read you frustration and dislike and it reminds me of how I feel about your party.

Anyhow it seems like we are so embroiled by our hate that we will never be able to achieve anything positive. Both sides refuse to weigh evidence and blindly support
the party of choice... I know how it is. I hope at least privately you can recognize it some of the time... I wonder if we would all be happier separate???

Anyhow you probably will not review this link and if you do you will likely spin it in your head.

This was legislation that would have opened the door to investigating market manipulation through by the use of coordinated "speculation" and calculated squeeze and release of S/D...

I might make a thread with this... you guys might just spit on it.

Note that neither MC or O thought this was important enough to vote upon!

Free market is one thing guys, but quelling any further inquiry was not very good if there was not foul no harm,,, what was being hidden or who was protected???
not you....not me!

www.senate.gov...

PS I could not edit my previous post please forgive me gods of ATS and SEMPER

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
reply to post by mental modulator

Ha some of you have me on ignore???

Thats the way to promote conversation...

Whats really funny is that all the things you conservatives say about the scourge of liberalism, the attitudes, the stupidity and the wanting Americans to pay more for gas
is what I think about you guys. I can read your frustration and dislike.It reminds me of how I feel about your party.

Anyhow it seems like we are so embroiled by our hate that we will never be able to achieve anything positive. Both sides refuse to weigh evidence and blindly support
the party of choice... I know how it is. I hope at least privately you can recognize it some of the time... I wonder if we would all be happier separate???

Anyhow you probably will not review this link and if you do you will likely spin it in your head.

This was legislation that would have opened the door to investigating market manipulation through by the use of coordinated "speculation" and calculated squeeze and release of S/D...

I might make a thread with this... you guys might just spit on it.

Note that neither MC or O thought this was important enough to vote upon!

Free market is one thing guys, but quelling any further inquiry was not very good if there was not foul no harm,,, what was being hidden or who was protected???
not you....not me!

www.senate.gov...

PS I could not edit my previous post please forgive me gods of ATS and SEMPER

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2008/07/31/MNSH122TA3.DTL&feed=rss.bayarea

You can read the rest. Just typical poli-tricks.

For weeks, pressure has been mounting in Congress to approve more domestic oil drilling, but House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has held the line, using her power to block a vote on offshore drilling.

President Bush has made almost daily calls for Democratic leaders to take action.

Roper

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
so I hear all the oil being pumped in alaska goes to japan so if your politicos either dem or repub were worried about the people in thier own country why is it all going to japan?Could it be because the republicrats make more money by shipping it to japan?

we have a government of the corporation,by the corporation for the corporation
whether you like it or not

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
My, My,My, looky here.

www.politico.com...

California Democrat Nancy Pelosi may be trying to save the planet — but the rank and file in her party increasingly are just trying to save their political hides when it comes to gas prices as Republicans apply more and more rhetorical muscle.

Asked if Congress will produce a comprehensive energy bill in September before Congress adjourns again for elections, Rahall replied, “This year? No.”

Roper

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The Truth is...

The oil companies LOVE the price of OIL so high...

As long as the supply is kept artificaly LOW, then the Price is going to be high...

How do you create and Artifuical shortage???

Lots of brainwashing, wars in forgien states, and STOP all together anything that would increase your own domestic production...

So while the Dems keep stoping the expansion of the SUpply...

The Oil people Love it... cause they are Raking in the dough...

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

The Oil companies are still only making 8% to 10% no matter what the price of oil is. The expanding Mkts in China and India, these very populated countries are coming on line. They want oil/gas.

Now I'm not saying they are not playing the Futures MKT but they own the oil and can hedge the product. I'll bet they are hedged way out there in the future.

Why are we buying gasoline form foreign companies? Because we in the USA don't have the refineries. The Dems block or the bunny huggers stop them from being built.

IT's a mess!

Roper

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

Weaning people off oil is not a bad thing as long as it can be done and not ruin the peoples ability to survive.Without going into bankruptcy.The way they are proceeding it's like trying to eliminate a food shortage by killing off the useless eaters.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

THE REPUBLICANS BLOCKED OIL DRILLING OFF SHORE AND IN ALASKA! NOT THE DEMOCRATS! THE DEMOCRATS ACTUALLY TRIED TO FORCE OIL COMPANIES TO DRILL OFF SHORE AND IN ALASKA BUT THE GOP BLOCKED IT! Proof in my Siggy.

The GOP BLOCKED THE DRILLING OF OVER 100BILLION BARRELS OF OIL IN ALASKA AND OFF SHORE! THAT IS TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF OIL THE GOP BLOCKED FROM BEING DRILLED!

I've had to tell people this time and time again. It isn't the Dems blocking the drilling it is the GOP.

"What about new drilling that the Dems keep blocking!" Uh, let me explain this in a way most of you people out there can understand.

You have a six year old. You put some food on his plate and he doesn't eat it. The Democrats tell him to eat the food on his plate. The GOP just keeps piling more food on the plate that the kid refuses to eat. So the Dems keep telling him no more food until he eats what is on his plate while the GOP keeps piling more food on his plate.

Understand? Comprenez? Begreifen Sie? Comprenda?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Like I keep telling you, you don't know for sure if there IS oil under those leases. You just assume there is.

This is what happened on my place 2100 acres of land, two different oil companies drilled in two different locations and both got a dry hole.

They decided not to drill in the other two locations. Not only did they lose the money they payed us for the locations,damage, one company drilled a water well and I got that .

Roper

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
Like I keep telling you, you don't know for sure if there IS oil under those leases. You just assume there is.

This is what happened on my place 2100 acres of land, two different oil companies drilled in two different locations and both got a dry hole.

They decided not to drill in the other two locations. Not only did they lose the money they payed us for the locations,damage, one company drilled a water well and I got that .

Roper

THEY DO KNOW! THEY KNOW THERE IS AT LEAST, AT A CONSERVATIVE ESTIMATE, 100BILLION BARRELS OF OIL UNDER THE 68MILLION ACRES OF LAND!

As I've said before. Do I need to shout everything for people to read it?
In fact the land in Alsaka the Oil Companies Lease? Has 6.68 billion more barrels then ANWR. They are leasing the land, the oil is there, but they refuse to drill for it.

Also, do the math. 119 dollars a barrel times 100BILLION equals 11.9 TRILLION DOLLARS!

So, WOuld you turn down a 11.9 TRILLION dollar paycheck?

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Krieger]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Krieger

Here you go read and digest this.

www.energytomorrow.com...

Now another story.

Last year a seismograph crew came into this county and started work. On this land that I manage they payed out to us 15,000 dollars in damages. They did this in the whole county. That's a lot of cash! This crew was using a technology that was top secret but the guy that was the forward man told me about it as it was just released.

I don't know how many men this company used but their payroll must have been very large.

Who foot the bill???? Phillips.

This new tech. looks deeper, way deeper.

Roper

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Roper

And I quote from your link
"Many of these leases will provide a major source of new domestic supply once they are developed"

But the Oil Companies and GOP REFUSE TO DRILL AND DEVELOP ON THE LANDS! Hard to provide major source if you refuse to drill and develop to raise oil prices.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join