It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason the democrats want high gas prices

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If this isn't gross manipulation and abuse of the citizens of the USA. Can these Politicians be any more full of themselves?

They don't care how it hurts us, just as long as they get power over us.

Roper

www.worldnetdaily.com...

WASHINGTON – A Democratic senator on the Energy and Natural Resources Committee inadvertently explained why her colleagues have no intention of ending the moratorium on offshore oil drilling or increasing the areas open for exploration and production – no matter how popular the idea might be with gas prices soaring.

In an interview with Bloomberg TV's "Money and Politics" last night, Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., explained Democrats don't want to increase supplies of oil and gasoline because they want to wean Americans off of petroleum products.

Asked point-blank if Democrats in the Senate would consider how increasing the supply of oil would lower the prices that are pinching U.S. consumers, Cantwell replied: "Oh, we definitely want to move beyond petroleum. And so there will be a supply side offered by the Democrats and it will include everything from battery technology to making sure that we have good home domestic supply, and looking, as I said about moving faster on those kind of things like wind and solar that can help us with our high cost of natural gas."

Mod Edit: Posting work written by others, please review this link

[edit on 24-7-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
If this isn't gross manipulation and abuse of the citizens of the USA. Can these Politicians be any more full of themselves?

Check this out. It'll make your blood boil!!!

www.greenparty.org.uk...

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link
Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Wake up ... we are getting rammed from both sides -- Don't forget the fact that BUSH SR was the man who first banned of shore drilling? Do your forget that Chenny and Condi and Bush ARE Multi hundred millionaires oils due to there long evolvement in this industry as well .... Don't you think it is just a bit convenient?

Both sides are screwing us --- this whole thing stinks from every which way - I experienced the CALIFORNIA ENERGY CRISIS

It smelled exactly the same way...

And shame on the damn democrats for using this to advance an agenda when people are hurting!

They are both rotten if you ask me!

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link
Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Well Redled and mental modulator, we are bad guys.

I guess the rest of the board agrees with us. We are being manipulated by the Democrats.

Redled, those guys are your problem, sorry. I guess they will be coming here next?

Roper

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Some of the reasons are....

1. They know their constituents aren't smart enough to blame the Democrat Party. Just another thing to blame on evil Republicans.

2. Lower gas prices = more freedom. Got to keep the poor reliant on government, because if they become self-reliant they become Republicans.

3. They are trying to wrest control of oil from the oil companies and have government take over. Nevermind the "obscene profits" of the major oil companies, it's just a drop in the bucket compared to the revenue the government recieves from taxes and fees from oil and gas.

4. Got to keep the "fat cat" enviro-whacko donors happy.

I could go on, but the point is that there are no good reason for what they are doing, only self-serving ones.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I wish we could finally come to grips that there is no left or right anymore.

I wonder if there is something in the middle that can save us.

And sick as i am of all government, this has all happened under BUSH'S watch, so i blame him.

Congress doesnt work for us either and those Dems have allowed Bush a free ride with anything he wants.

Lets see how we do with a Republican congress

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Roper

Uh, the Democrats are trying to LOWER gas prices while the GOP block them at every turn. Read through this...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
To learn how the GOP has BLOCKED OIL DRILLING THAT THE DEMS PUSH FOR. Thus keeping prices high.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Except the Dems have TRIED but are VETOED. They don't have a large enough majority.

Also, we had a Full GOP Control of ALL branches of government for 6 years and we got... what we have today.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Krieger, you didn't read what I post.

A Democrat
Senator said that "They don't want to increase supplies of oil and gasoline". That is very simple!

Bush started talking drilling and the oil price broke. Now for how long I don't know. Like I've said in other post, oil is holding at a support line and that is 122.80 on the Sept. contract.

I'm also hearing that the high is in and then I'm hearing that oil will go to 160 a barrel. Who the hell knows!

Roper

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Roper]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Yeah, it's incredible how you're doing a good thing one day, bad the next.

I guess the rest of the board agrees with us. We are being manipulated by the Democrats.

see the next bit. We are being manipulated, but are the Democrats.

[quote[Redled, those guys are your problem, sorry. I guess they will be coming here next?

The Greens are feeding through to your politics, especially Democrats, and that is the future. Love it mate.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled

Redled, those guys are your problem, sorry. I guess they will be coming here next?

The Greens are feeding through to your politics, especially Democrats, and that is the future. Love it mate.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

[edit on 25-7-2008 by redled]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Roper

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Go there and read how the Dems TRIED TO MAKE OIL COMPANIES DRILL OFFSHORE FOR OIL BUT THE REPS BLOCKED IT! Yep, the GOP bitches about drilling offshore then block any bills that would make the oil companies drill offshore.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I can't find what is in the Bill but I'm sure there is something in it that makes the bill user unfriendly. Maybe a tax? Maybe some thing that makes drilling unprofitable?

When the politicians line up on something as they did there is something amiss.

Roper

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Roper]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Democrats Block Oil Drilling

Dems Block 1

Dems Block Oil 2

Dems Block oil 3

If the Democrats let the Republicans do what is best for us, as they are trying to, it looks good on the Republicans and Bad on the Democrats..

It's election time..

All they care about is getting their power back.

Semper

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I have two questions.

1. Where exactly are these 68 million acres located at?

2. How much does it cost to drill an oil or gas well, producer or not?

Something everyone should understand, not all formations hold oil or gas in enough supplies to be productive.

Roper

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Question.

Can someone explain to me how weaning people off petroleum is a BAD thing?

Isn't that the whole basis for practically every war that the US has been involved in?

Although I'm not from the US, I would completely support a group that would pursue alternative sources of energy.. but then.. I reiterate, I'm not from the US and obviously don't understand the US mindset..

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

There is no doubt that the US needs to find other sources of energy. But been forced to by a bunch of politicians and made to suffer just isn't right not when there is oil here.

The Dem's won't let any nuclear electric generating plants to be built. The Dem's high rulers won't allow progress.

To me it looks like they want us to be a third would nation.

We need to vote every incumbent out no matter what.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by Roper]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Seems to me the politicians NEED to force people to change as, from your post Roper, you don't seem to want to do it yourself..

Just 'cause there's oil there doesn't mean you should use it before changing to other types..

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I have two questions.

1. Where exactly are these 68 million acres located at?

2. How much does it cost to drill an oil or gas well, producer or not?

Something everyone should understand, not all formations hold oil or gas in enough supplies to be productive.

Roper

1. Some are in Alaska, you know, where the GOP has been screaming about drilling in for years. Well guess what? The Oil Companies own land there and REFUSE to drill there. Also some is offshore, you know, again where the GOP has been screaming to drill.

2. If it isn't profitable to drill there then WHY DO THEY SPEND MILLIONS ON LEASING THE LAND IF THEY DON'T PLAN TO DRILL THERE!?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join