It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla on History NOW

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Central Standard Daylight time is currently running a new 2008 show on Tesla right now. It seems to be pretty good.

Just a heads up to those that might be interested.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Amazing show.

That man was so driven and broke ground that still isn't mainstream, yet is so the Next Great Thing.

A simple quote they used from him in closing "You have the present, I have the Future"

That future has come upon us.

There is a company in California that is selling Tesla cars. 300 miles without a drop of oil/gas. It was sporty looking too!

I know Tesla Tech is discussed frequently, but I always seem to learn something new when I explore this man and his achievements in the realm of Creativity and seeming Magical Works of changing Reality as we knew it to be.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
his Coil could have (or still might) revolutionize the way we use electricity: he was a excellent scientist but unfortunately he is over shadowed by Edison. i doubt many know that he created the radio or that he is responsible for A/C, which are things we rely on and use daily. maybe he was just too smart and scared people with his radical ideas. but there is no denying his genius.

the Tesla car really is a work of modern science.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   

TextFriends and acquaintances of Nikola Tesla recall him complaining about Scherff’s son, George, Jr., always snooping around Tesla’s lab. On more than one occasion (probably during the late 1930s), Tesla caught the 14-year old Scherff looking at his notes, poring through his books, and stealing small items from his lab. Tesla gave him the nickname, “Curious George” and likened him to a “mischievous monkey.” According to Skorzeny, (Adolph Hitler’s former bodyguard) in a deathbed confession to Eric “Orion” (Eric Berman) in S. Miami, Florida, Tesla, “hated the younger Scherff.” In fact, according to Skorzeny, the “Curious George” book and movie were inspired by Tesla’ s suggestion

A very interesting article on him and others can be seen here---

www.proliberty.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Nice avatar, he was a good looking "chap" too, I must say!

I remember reading a while back about his coil being used somewhere on/in the side of a mountain and that it could be used to generate and "send" balls of light a very long way and the "balls of light/energy" could explode on target exploiting great distances while hidden from site of origin.

His work with using lightning is also phenomenal and has generated much potential, I can only imagine the scope of!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

The car:

Source:
www.2sportscars.com...

Some more on the great man:

www.tfcbooks.com...

Quite a few links on the above sight, makes for some really interesting reading.

H

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Tesla coils are cool, not sure if the first one is real or fake

Woot woot ride the lightening babe!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by timoothy

TextFriends and acquaintances of Nikola Tesla recall him complaining about Scherff’s son, George, Jr., always snooping around Tesla’s lab. On more than one occasion (probably during the late 1930s), Tesla caught the 14-year old Scherff looking at his notes, poring through his books, and stealing small items from his lab. Tesla gave him the nickname, “Curious George” and likened him to a “mischievous monkey.” According to Skorzeny, (Adolph Hitler’s former bodyguard) in a deathbed confession to Eric “Orion” (Eric Berman) in S. Miami, Florida, Tesla, “hated the younger Scherff.” In fact, according to Skorzeny, the “Curious George” book and movie were inspired by Tesla’ s suggestion

A very interesting article on him and others can be seen here---

www.proliberty.com...

I can see the whole idea behind the Curious George idea, even thinking of the movie I watched numerous times with the young ones the adventure did climax in the lighting of the little figure when handled properly, thus saving the day and the explorer!

The link you provided is not to be missed!

Very disturbing historical account.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

The only thing that makes that car not perfect is that it isn't mine!!!

The one on the show, and probably that model, even has TESLA as the brand on the rear view!

Edit to add:

And more good links to check out! Thanks.

[edit on 24-7-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

That last video could have given me an eplectic seizure!

Wow, that could wreek havoc on a pacemaker!

top topics

join