It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

QinetiQ and Boeing possible explanation for Phoenix Lights?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I was talking to a friend of mine this morning and the subject of the Phoenix lights came up. After a few moments of inquisitive conversation; he referenced The Vulture as a possible explanation. My friend, a retired Marine suggested I look at the write up on www.defensetech.org for more information.

I just wanted to throw this out because I know that most here are quite level headed and could provide more information. Either way, I am interested in everyone’s take.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sorry linkie no workie. Would love to look into other possible explanations.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Your links do not work.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Did a quick google on Vulture and defenstech and think I found what you were talking about. From what I was reading though the Vulture and other projects are in the initial phase of being conceptualized. So they arent and werent built yet. Least that is what I can gather. link here

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Does anyone think the government would base the designs of these UAV's to appear like reported UFO's, so when footage or photographs that cant be hoaxed, are simply dismissed as military UAV's?

I mean, a shape like that for a UAV is seemingly dramatic and theatrical in appearance, does it really need to be that way? I question the designs of these vehicles and their inspiration.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I saw that yesterdya. Have to admit I was thinking the same thing. But from design/development standpoint I doubt it could explain the Phoenix lights which were in 97.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Sorry about the links, try www.defensetech.org...
I’m curious whether or not we are getting the facts about just how far along we are in the development of this craft. As well as what the articulation capabilities are, and whether or not they can be linked together to create a larger craft.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Wow, I really thought that this thread would fire up a bit more interest. I have to say that I am really shocked. perhaps I should have titled it something like "Lochness Monster angel or alien? You decide" Or better yet "My alien wife's Bigfoot nightmare... is this disclosure?" How about "What will you wear to the disclosue party? My outfit is all picked out". I'm just funnin' it's late and I am a bit slap happy.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shino
Does anyone think the government would base the designs of these UAV's to appear like reported UFO's, so when footage or photographs that cant be hoaxed, are simply dismissed as military UAV's?

I mean, a shape like that for a UAV is seemingly dramatic and theatrical in appearance, does it really need to be that way? I question the designs of these vehicles and their inspiration.

I think it's the other way around.

There's a great advantage for a surveillance UAV to be perceived---if it does happen to be seen---as a mysterious "UFO" type of object instead of an enemy military asset.

It's "cognitive stealth". What do you want Saeed in Iranian air defense to believe it is?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by drift393

Interesting, this is the first time I had a chance to test the links I posted yesterday (covertly from work) and they work fine. I wonder why they didn't work initially yesterday.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I have found a thread here at ATS that is about Vulture. Veiw it hereATS Vulture dicussion I am still left feeling uneasy. What other projects are out there, similar to this, that we are not being told about? Could a vehicle like this be what some are seeing over and over? Jeez, the plot thickens.

top topics

join