It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Splinter Cell' style agents

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptik
I wouldnt have thought there would have been these types of agents working alone, the whole, "one man to save the world" kinda thing just doesnt work, but the type of people are in the SAS/SBS, they just workin in teams.

The guy is wkd tho:p

Exactly. All counter-terrorism units or otherwise always operate in teams, with a minimum of 2 personnel. Stuff like this is mainstream for the kids, you know?

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
still, it would be nice to think that there was someone like Same Fisher or John Kelly/Clark about. Except if you were the one on the recieving end

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
yeah, like the guy john clark kills at the end of sum of all fears, that was kl,

There probably are lone government assassins tho

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptik
yeah, like the guy john clark kills at the end of sum of all fears, that was kl,

There probably are lone government assassins tho

arrrgghhh, i've just started reading that!

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
lol, soz m8, watch the film, much easier, i find clancy books abit boing, could he put anymore description into them?:p

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
no MI5 is for internal surveillance and MI6 is for exteral surveillance

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
NSA doesn't have any operatives like that working for them. They are intelligence gathering, mostly electronic. They break codes, thats pretty much the extent of the NSA. The closest I could think of Splinter cell is a CIA paramilitary operative.

It's unusual to use a "lone gun". Most of the time a team would be sent in, smarter that way

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Well, MI6, Israeli Intel., or CIA may have something like splinter agents. Probably the AGENTS, not the support staff. Agents are the guys who actually go in and do the stuff. I don't know about Splinter Cell, one man, one day espionage. I don't know. Probably in the Cold War, we had these things. In the matter of teams, Intel. agency use one man spy's to get info. Counter-Terrorists work in teams that is for sure. Force Recon. works in teams. I can see why intel. agencies use one man spy's though.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Agent Iceman]

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Doubtfull.

Also, if there were, noone on THIS paticular site would be privy

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I would bet that most countries have exactly this type of thing...

and agree with Loki, SAS, GIGN, etc.

Who would the US's be. NSA ?

French GIGN is more comparable to a military S.W.A.T. than a secret service.

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Secrets agents, most of the time better look than that :

It's the ad for a movie issued last wednesday 'bout french secret services...and the rainbow warrior affair...

And you said that in Splinter cell, the hero is a secret agent from the NSA but NSA is more a scientific pool than an ground operation structure, I don't think they got operative agents.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Sam Fischer works for a sub divion of the NSA called Third Echelon which is in fact a real group. It's entity is actually different information gathering stations around the globe. It makes sense though... to have a specific elite force unit to go out and handle any situation with this highly classified information. Isn't that what Delta and the rest do anyhow? I would say it's very possible the USA has "Splinter cells."

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hey...Have any of you played Splinter Cell 2: Pandora Tomorrow? It's actually a GREAT game...but yea...I think it is the NSA...I just now relized that...! (Recently played it...as in yesturday)

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Isnt obvious?

There are definately people like that guy on the game

after all, ive seen on tv a whole bunch of US marines or soldiers or whatever, scaling thios building using only the storm pipes.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The SAS, Spetznaz and GIGN are all special forces groups..IE military operatives..like Navy Seals..I didn't know the NSA went to war in the masses under the military's control? Those are all special forces groups..not secret agents...

-wD

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
yeah but thats where they GET thier operatives

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Some of you guys ever played "S.W.A.T." from "Sierra"?

I think it gives a good impression how hard it really is to strike against terrorism, murderers, maniacs or even military.

I can remember me going in with 4 of my mates, using night vision, later small mirrors to look around the edge but hey, we missed to see a sniper who then killed 3 of my team.
That's a bit more close to reality than any "one-man-story" or "country xxx has super-duper trained agents which can do any mission".

So Splinter-Cell style agents are more a suicide mission than anything else.
What comes near to them is the team players of navy seals and german kampfschwimmer and their equals in other countries.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
NSA doesn't have any operatives like that working for them.

Oh they have but they would never tell you. And that's no assumption. It's a fact

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Militarily, the closest thing is probably an LRSU team. They go in deep to provide passive intel (like your supposed to do in the game, but I rarely do) for the most part with a few direct action missions against specific targets. They operate in teams though, not solo.

The CIA has a Special Activities Staff (SAS, not to be confused with the British SAS) that does covert operations �on the agency�s behalf� in teams �as small as one.� If there was a Sam Fisher I would be that he works for them.

Everything that I have read about the NSA paints them pretty much as cryptologists and communications experts, with the exception of DEFSMAC, which acts as an EWS somewhat like NORAD. I couldn�t find any evidence that Third Echelon really exists as a division of any US agency, but I didn�t look to hard either. However, the NSA spends surreal amounts of money to support their eavesdropping activities, so a �Splinter Cell� wouldn�t be too hard to imagine.

My two cents, anyway.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join