It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm A Member, A Mod, FSME, tinWiki Editor.... And You Can Be Too....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
We can all be a "Moderator" when we see a problem and hit the "Alert" button to report a violation of the T&C to those that can correct the problem.

Everyone can be an "FSME" if you post on topics that you're familiar with and try to keep a topic focused on the subject.

Anyone can be a "tinWiki Editor" because if you take an interest in having accurate information represented in the tinWiki project it works for everyone.

I'm also a "Writer", "Fighter", and "Scholar".

I consider these titles mine because I'm a "Member" of ATS and care about this community.

I can only contribute where I feel comfortable, but IMHO that's the best thing you can do for a unique site like ATS. I feel it's the responsibility of all of us to assume these roles when we can.
You don't need the title under your user name to make a difference.

If you dedicate time and effort to ATS content you're a "Member" of the community.

Help keep it that way.

Edit: Spelling, I'm still working on that. :shk:

[edit on 23/7/2008 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
when we see a problem and hit the "Alert" button to report a violation of the T&C to those that can correct the problem.

SNITCH!!!!

Haha just messing, you are totally right, we have to work together to keep this place great.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Been there, done that- hit the alerts to make the mods aware of looming trouble,
I think its politics (no offense meant to you or other mods) but i think people have to like you.
Ive been here for years and i never had an offer.
I know you cant ask
but it would be nice to at least be considered for a certain amount of time, a trial basis, to see how you do.

Anyway, telling me i.m too nice is just a way to let me down easy, but oh well, its like a boyfriend telling you he loves you too much and you're too good for him.

Behind this crazy fool is a responsible person- no body has looked past that and i kind of resent it.

Thanks for the encouragement anyway!!! You're awesome and deserve it

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

How much does it pay?

I'm Retired, but due to the state of the economy I wouldn't mind a bit of extra income, and I enjoy writing.

Do we get paid per word? or is their some sort of standardized rate?

Thanks for letting us know.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
No money- just an honor

follow the instructions and good luck.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

Huh I never knew you could get paid?

Does that happen on some forums?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
While I don't mind informing on and reporting fellow members to mods - I would at least expect some form of compensation; minimal compensation for the detrimental effect it will have on my burgeoning reputation.

I know that it is important to make sure information related to national security is suppressed and abstract topics discouraged, but there is just so much of it that one could busy themselves all day just trying to keep on top of it all. Even Trolls can be useful in some situations, as they derail treads that really shouldn't have been made in the first place.

Will we be compensated in some other way for helping to maintain the site?

I can't wait to get started.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I hope you all read my original post with the intent I wrote it.

I don't have any of these titles listed under my user name, I'm a Member.
I just think it's our responsibility to act in those capacities for the betterment of the community.

You don't need to be invited, or even have the extra buttons to do the job.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Excellent post my friend.
We all make ATS the great place that it is, and we all need to keep it that way.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Thats right. Deep within we are all Mods and FSMEs and Fighters and Scholars

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

There is a way to get paid for contributing to ATS. Reviving and Improving ATS Premium: And Getting Paid For It

Submit your best work to ATS premium and you can get $75.00 or more per entry.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

If a submission is accepted:

1) We pay you at least $75.00, or more depending on the complexity and research that has gone into your submission.

2) We publish the article to our e-mail newsletter list of over 62,000 recipients.

3) We post the article in a prominent position on the ATS forum, and open it up to member comments.

Nearly all of our ATS Premium articles have received tremendous attention outside of ATS, including interview requests of the author from mainstream media sources. This is a tremendous opportunity for you to put together your best work on a burning issue, get noticed, and even get paid.

So without having the official title of Moderator, one can contribute to the site in a meaningful way and get paid for it.

anxietydisorder, your right, It is all of our duties as members to contribute to the great parts of this site, and to denounce the bad. We are responsible for the content of this site. We hold the blame if this site turns to pot. In my signature line is a great post by neformore, Be the change you wish to see. This should be adopted more, especially by long standing members that want to see this site continue to be an excellent source for all the things that the main stream media don't want to talk about.

It is up to each of us to make each of our submissions really count.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
whatukno is a good example of a member taking responsibility by the way. New members come into the Freshmans Forum and he greets them, setting them up with important links and all.

Just had to say that

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What I would really like to see is a button similiar to the "Alert" function - except this button will directly link the member to Crime Stoppers or Homeland Security, possibly even Immigration and Naturalization.

Some of these agencies offer substantial cash rewards. Perhaps ATS could receive a small percentage of these rewards, possibly 10 percent to help fund ongoing operations.

Seeing as ATS if the Forum wherein so many illegal activities are confessed to and discussed - it really is the least we could do.

Keep up the Good Work!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Slightly off topic but what is a document archivist? That is the only 'label' I never see explained and no threads turn up when you do a search.

Anyone? Just curious.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

This kinda explains it.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You're a doll. Thanks!

Looking at the thread title I can see why I never would have found that thread!

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

This is VERY true.

We are all Members of this site, which means it's partially OUR responsibility as well, to take care of it. And why shouldn't we? We want to read excellent posts, and contribute to excellent discussions, so why shouldn't we help take care of this community? Do you litter in the park you play in? Not so much.

If we want ATS to be the best site it can be, then we need to contribute to the site, the things we want to see. We need to set examples by contributing well-researched pieces, and treating each other with respect.

I don't think it's tattling, to hit the Alert button once in a while. Sometimes the Mod's just don't have a chance to get to all the threads all the time. Sometimes they need a little extra help.

- Carrot

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Huh I never knew you could get paid?
Does that happen on some forums?

Apparently it does in some forums...

Also, visitors to the FOIA Documents forum, and threads in that forum, will begin to see an increased level of advertising similar to what you see in Conspiracy Master forums. A significant portion of the ad revenue will be sent to Sergeant Clifford Stone so that he may finally enjoy some level of reward for an amazing body of work.

SkepticOverlord

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
What I would really like to see is a button similiar to the "Alert" function - except this button will directly link the member to Crime Stoppers or Homeland Security, possibly even Immigration and Naturalization.

Only problem with that is 'frivolous use' If the guy pushing the button is WRONG and wastes their time, they will go after the button pusher. They frown on false reports

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join