posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:14 PM
Can't speak for Europe, but here in Canuckistan (Canada for those of you that are humour impared), I like him for the following reasons:
1) He believes in multilateralism. He thinks that working with other nations is a good thing. Bush was a unilateralist and managed to alienate most
other countries on earth.
2) Bush's neocon agenda is super far right on the political spectrum. Extremism is not well liked. Obama may be right wing on the world political
spectrum, but at least he is not the cutting edge.
3) He appears intellegent and speaks charismatically. Truthfully, if the world has one superpower, you kind of want that person leading that country
to appear reasonable and intellegent.
4) He offers hope instead of fear.
5) He is the opponent to GW Bush's party, who has plunged the world into an ideological war against Islam, destroyed the world economy, invaded Iraq
without a legitamate reason while lying to UN with faked intellegence, jacked world oil prices due to instability the Iraqi war has created, has let
his buddies make millions on the death of Iraqi civilians, has held the world back on the environmental progress by boycotting, vetoing, or simply
disregarding every environmental agreement created in the last 8 years, condoned torture of enemy combatants abroad and in violation of the geneva
convention, allowed the biggest world market (ie. the US middle class) to go broke and become homeless, put the US so far in debt that it will never
again be able to participate in the world economy, created the department of homeland security which makes crossing the border into the US so
miserable that I will likely never visit again, forsaken the US populace for corporate profit, and called the leader of my country over at an
international summit by shouting, "Yo, Steve!"
6) He is multicultural, and most people can associate with him.
7) Rush Limbaugh doesn't like him.
8) He doesn't wear a lappel pin. We know who he is and what country he represents, and he is confident enough that he doesn't have to wear a $1.98
piece of junk jewlery fearing we'll think that he is the leader of Ethiopia or somewhere else.
9) He is from Hawaii, and Hawaii rocks.
Ok, really is only point 5. Few outside the US like Bush's policies, and he is the only viable antidote out there. Good luck fixing your problems,
and try not to drag the rest of us down with you.