It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US B-52 crashes with six on board

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

US B-52 crashes with six on board

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

A statement from the Andersen Air Force Base in Guam said the B-52H Stratofortress crashed about 9.45am (1.25pm AEST) off the northwest coast of Guam.

"Emergency responders are on scene working to locate the six crew members on board. No information is available regarding the status of the crew,'' the statement said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Is it just my imagination or is the US losing a few of their bombers lately? I wonder what the story is behind this incident...

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT: Found some more information from an article here. It looks like they might have managed to save some of the crew.

A UNITED States Air Force B-52 bomber carrying six crew members that was en route to conduct a flyover in a parade crashed off the island of Guam, officials said.

At least two people were recovered from the waters, but their condition was not immediately available, the Coast Guard said.

Rescue crews from the Navy, Coast Guard and local fire department launched a massive aerial and ocean search for the others in and around a vast area of floating debris and a sheen of oil.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by Shere Khaan]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
[edit on 21-7-2008 by Southbound]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
What the heck?This is the second crash in Guam?What the heck are they doing up there?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Apparently a B-52 was scheduled to do a flyover to commerate the USA's capture of the island from Japan in 1944 but according to CNN it's unclear whether this particular plane was the one supposed to do the flyover.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
its the forth crash at GUAM AFB - a B1B crashed on landing (march) , the B2 crash on take off on (feb 23rd) , an E-3B prowler on feb 12th and this B52

www.msnbc.msn.com...

ouch

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Four crashes at the same base in a short period of time does seem suspicious.
There may be a very good reason for the crashes and it may just be a coincidence.
Possibly it could be somthing to do with testing of a new anti-craft weapon or even damage caused by some sort of feed-back from a new weapon being tested for viabilty of use on various fighter and bomber aircraft.

Another unfortunate possibilty could be that some other nation has attacked these aircraft and that it is being kept quiet by the United States government in order to stop any sort or public panic or international incident.

[edit on 21-7-2008 by full997]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
good to know that another weapon of genocide created by US empire is destroyed be god's will

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This strikes me as interesting......

The B-52 bomber based at Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana

Source:

news.yahoo.com...

Remember the "Missing Nuke" incident from several months back?

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

regards.........kk

[edit on 21-7-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
good to know that another weapon of genocide created by US empire is destroyed be god's will

I'm glad God's will allowed the U.S. to have lots more of these planes and the ability to build more and to construct even better planes.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Who would Jesus nuke?

regards.....kk

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Um we have a large base in Guam. This is very routine to have flights in and out of there.

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth
What the heck?This is the second crash in Guam?What the heck are they doing up there?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Who would Jesus nuke?

regards.....kk

I don't know, you tell me. Who knows, if nukes were available back in the day, perhaps he would have nuked some people instead of killing first borns.

Anyway, I was only making a point to show how retarded the post is by manson.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Since you bring up retards.

With posts like yours,

I am often reminded that years ago,

they used to allow cousins to marry.

Now back on topic. Am I the only one who finds it odd the B-52
originated from Barksdale, recent site of missing nukes?

regards.....kk

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Since you bring up retards.

With posts like yours,

I am often reminded that years ago,

they used to allow cousins to marry.

regards.....kk

Are you a comedian? Well, I would not give up your day job.

If you could comprehend what you read, you would have noticed that I did NOT call the poster a retard. I called his post a retarded. Big difference.
So keep your sly, stupid comments to yourself.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Wow, that's very creative. I suppose you would use harsh language instead of the weapons we have been granted to defend FL if it were under attack. I am truly shocked at the bubble some of you people live in and the fact you are so detached from the brutality that is reality.

Must have some pretty bad luck going on at Guam. The 52 is old, but not the B-2, or even thhe B-1.

Oh yeah, Jesus would nuke all non hackers that can't pack the gear and serve in his beloved corps.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
If you could comprehend what you read, you would have noticed that I did NOT call the poster a retard. I called his post a retarded. Big difference.

I am not a comedian (obviously) nor am I an English major. But:

re·tard·ed
–adjective 1. characterized by retardation: a retarded child.
–noun 2. (used with a plural verb) mentally retarded persons collectively (usually prec. by the): new schools for the retarded.

—Synonyms backward, disabled, handicapped.

Source: dictionary.reference.com...

But a "Post" alone cannot embody / personify a human trait, therefore, in my atom-sized brain, you were "inferring" the author of the post was retarded.

Geez the Neocon Nukin' "Bush-ites" are quite irritable these days.

'Nuff said. I apologize for wasting bandwidth on this. Sorry.

Back to topic. B-52 crash in Guam from Barksdale, Missing Nukes?

Perhaps the "Dis-Info" Agents don't like my observation.

toodles.... kk

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

But a "Post" alone cannot embody / personify a human trait, therefore, in my atom-sized brain, you were "inferring" the author of the post was retarded.

Well then, I guess you inferred incorrectly. That's what happens when you assume, so stop projecting your thoughts onto what I actually post.
Thanks!

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Deleted by self...moving on...... sorry for my childish bickering.

I would love to know if the crashed plane or any of the crew
had any connection to missing nuke incident last year at Barksdale.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It would raise a whole load of new suspicions if they were involved with the missing nuke incident.
What are you thinking, possible silencing of the men involved?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join