It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New alien code received world wide help needed to decipher

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerpeacemaker

Methinks you had the wine first. 15 Minutes won't get a signal very far and certainly won't allow time for a response from outside the inner earth-solar system.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I believe I have deciphered it.
•|∞ †_Г Δ U 8 *** θ ǁ ǁǁ ǁǁǁ ǁǁǀ'
All your base are belong to us. You have no chance to survive make your time.

Seriously though. Can you post a scan of the document. Otherwise it looks like either a printer error or a hoax. I'm leaning toward the latter because you couldn't possibly receive a transmission from Alpha Centauri in the span of 15 minutes it would take 8 years. The farthest the transmission could have gone to get a return in that time would be approximately mars' orbit. Highly unlikely IMO.

[edit on 7/20/2008 by ShAuNmAn-X]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It could be a coincidence. About the time they thought/sent the message, another message sent years earlier happened to arrive at their location. This removes the constraint of the timing element.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

He apparently works for Google so he states here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=truthseekerpeacemaker

So would Google have the equipment to send a signal to Alpha Centuri in the fastest way of sending communication known to mankind? Also since when is Google in the business of sending signals out to distant star systems.Not to mention the shear mathematics involved in sending such a signal to reach the target over that distance takes a extremely high rate of precision.I am going with Hoax here.

I think I have deciphered it now:

•|∞ †_Г Δ U 8 *** θ ǁ ǁǁ ǁǁǁ ǁǁǀ' it says......."To Serve Man"

[edit on 7/20/2008 by CaptGizmo]
......Its a cook Book!!!!

[edit on 7/20/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

That is true but, that is a very short message. It is possible but I need more evidence to support the claim. Anyone can type in random items like ¤êœß@ and call it an alien code. If one were so inclined they could convert whatever they want to say into characters. I still love the idea of a Google FTL communications system CaptGizmo

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

Yes, I totally agree. I always find it odd that when these earth shattering events happen that there is always such a lack of material record.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Also how these earth shattering events seem to always gain hundreds of pages of posts without a shred of proof and finally get the now all to common [HOAX] tag after about 120 pages.

But back on topic, if it was truly a received transmission, can the OP rule out any possible signal pollution from Earth or orbiting satellites?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well the bar code part of this supposed message is deciphered to read the following for that is:

449 449449 449449449 449449448

The first part of the supposed message as one poster already stated is ASCII characters or SQL language based.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

I actually don't put much faith in most of these type posts. Just something to talk about and shoot holes in like an old tin can. May be someday it will be different. Then too, some day when pressed, an OP will come though.

There is the possibility of it being either true or false. When this stuff starts being true I believe we will have little doubt.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Couple of things...

This poster has been a member for about 1.5 years, so I wouldn't think they'd wait this long just to post a hoax. Perhaps they have more information that will shed some light on what exactly they got back.

What they received may look like ASCII characters to us, remember that's just what the computer is interpreting them as. Computers don't understand ASCII, they only understand 0's and 1's. So what was printed out was just what was mapped to in the current character set, like the capital letter "A" is: 01000001.

I'd think it'd be pretty naive of us to think it would spit out an english response if it was in fact an outer space transmission. Also we have no idea how they'd be structuring the data inside of the RF transmissions, it's all just a wave with dips (zeros) and peaks (ones), perhaps even more then that if they're using a more advanced method to transmit like a quantum computer system. Quantum computers recognize more then two "states" of a bit of data, whereas our transistor based computers can only see on or off.

Comon OP! Come back and answer some questions and help us believe you here!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I agree with you there. I would think given just basic human nature that is there was such a paradigm shifting event the person would not only tell about it but they would have their photos and other documents ready. Adults are the same as children with a new toy. If you are one person that knows something the other 6+ billion of us don't then I would think they would be showing everyone "look what I've got". I'll start believing this stuff when an OP brings it all to the table for analysis instead of making baseless claims.

Originally posted by HaTaX
Comon OP! Come back and answer some questions and help us believe you here!

That's what I'm saying. if this was truly such an earth shattering event don't you think he would have something to back up his claims? I'm going to treat this as a hoax unless more evidence surfaces to tell me otherwise.

On another note, what is Google doing transmitting messages to distant points in space anyways?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So how many pages will it take for the posters to realize this was sham to generate interest? The OP is probably logged watching this thread grow as anonymous and LoLing.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I hope the Op is not in danger...

This kind of information is actually illegal.

Hope he did not drink too much of the celebratory wine and is now puking off in the gutter somewhere, having lost the original copy of the transmission.

Seriously, I still believe him and if this is not a hoax being played on him by his coworkers, then who knows what this transmission could mean to disclosure...

I am worried for his safety...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I understand the concern for his safety but, he's already let the cat out of the bag so he might as well bring it all to the table. If he lost the document then it's bad for his claim.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
are you SURE this is not gobeligook (computer nonsense)? when I was young, in our class, the printer perpetually spat that crap out. We laughed, calling them letters from the mole people.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It looks to me, as it is using the symbol for infinity, that it is related to physics. It appears to be some kind of mathematical information giving their location, or how to respond. I would take it to a physicist, and somebody involved with new scopes of maths. It has a mathematical computation built into it.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was related to deep space travel, but then again, I am not an expert. It is just some of the symbols put me in mind of mathematics. It is a language of sorts, which could possibly be converted into harmonics. I told my tutor back in 2000 that DNA could be arranged to show a harmonic pattern. I think the same could be said about this equation.

We would like answers to be cut and dry, but then how would we learn. The symbols come from an advanced scientific race. Although, to them it is basic, where to us, it is much more advanced.

I am really interested in the message. As some words have several meanings, so does this message. I feel that there is much more in this strand than is obvious, but until you break it down and put it back together, the message will remain unknown, and it would be a shame to lose it.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I wish i was 13 and had this much time.
MEGA ONE-LINER BABY!!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
How could any of you believe this is real?
Or even close to real...

A person that was truly were out to reveal information to the public he/she will make a FULL disclosure to the media, or in this case ATS with solid information about every single detail about the issue. Not just some baseless claims.

Conclusion: HOAX!
Until more information is brought out to the table

[edit on 20-7-2008 by apk4o7mxb]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is one of those incidents where grammar really counts. You are smart enough to have your own staff, working in a lab sending signals to space.. but you cannot write in basic english.

Why isn't this guy banned?!?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join