It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New alien code received world wide help needed to decipher

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

What is not mature is starting a thread such as this. All you have to do it look at a couple other posts of the OP to see this thread is pure BS.

Begging the mods to ban this individual speaks more of your desires to see people punished than it does to show your desire for the truth.

You could not be anymore wrong. What do you see more of in this thread ....... sadistic attitudes towards the OP? Or blatant "sick of this crap" attitude from threads every damn day that are clearly BS, yet defy any logic of 'taking out the forum trash'? Add to that are the one's that get folks sucked into, only to THEN find out it's BS.

ATS is far better served by intelligent discussion of the possibilities regardless of how far fetched they may sound?

You're right, ATS is better served from intelligent discussion. Do you really consider this thread, without all the wisecracks, is one of those? I mean c'mon man, if someone is of such importance that they "could get killed by my higher ups for just telling you this" ...... do you REALLY think there is anyone that would KNOW that fact, and then post it on a public forum on the Internet?!?!

What the hell good is getting into investigation of a scenario when signs of BS are in the starting post, adding to cross-referenced signs from other posts? What of a hoax is there to investigate?

Denying ignorance actually means something beyond finding hoaxes and discrediting people

But it starts with weeding out the hoax.

but at least I don't resort to childish jokes and insults

But you do seem to be childish enough to point fingers about it.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Comatose

I guess it is the same "kick" as ringing someones doorbell and run away ?

Sorry for one-liner

[edit on 21/7/2008 by saturnus1962]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
compare it to the signs that were on the ufo in Roswell and some of the crop crop circles too

- whiterabbit

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
reply to post by GideonHM

What is not mature is starting a thread such as this. All you have to do it look at a couple other posts of the OP to see this thread is pure BS.

That is a fallacy. I am talking about maturity, not this poster. His other posts still does not give free license to behave poorly.

Begging the mods to ban this individual speaks more of your desires to see people punished than it does to show your desire for the truth.

You could not be anymore wrong. What do you see more of in this thread ....... sadistic attitudes towards the OP? Or blatant "sick of this crap" attitude from threads every damn day that are clearly BS, yet defy any logic of 'taking out the forum trash'? Add to that are the one's that get folks sucked into, only to THEN find out it's BS.

I see neither. I see one questionable post, and then hoards of immature and foolish jokes that have nothing to do with a possible transmission. Nothing has been proved, yet you and most of the others act as though it is certain to be a hoax and start badgering the person. That is the behavior of CHILDREN.

Adults who actually have a reputation to uphold don't engage in this type of behavior. Ask Springer, or Skeptic Overlord, or any of the senior staff would you? Do they behave like that? NO!

ATS is far better served by intelligent discussion of the possibilities regardless of how far fetched they may sound?

You're right, ATS is better served from intelligent discussion. Do you really consider this thread, without all the wisecracks, is one of those? I mean c'mon man, if someone is of such importance that they "could get killed by my higher ups for just telling you this" ...... do you REALLY think there is anyone that would KNOW that fact, and then post it on a public forum on the Internet?!?!

What the hell good is getting into investigation of a scenario when signs of BS are in the starting post, adding to cross-referenced signs from other posts? What of a hoax is there to investigate?

The intelligent discussion comes from the POSTERS interacting INTELLIGENTLY with EACH OTHER, not the OP providing it for you. Also, haven't you figured out why others post under the anon. handle? To protect themselves, or just avoid people knowing who they are at all. He is not going by his real name, and many people 'blow the whistle' despite knowing the risks to their well being and way of life.

You make a lot of assumptions. None are very good either. If an OP posts something questionable, how can you justify making fun of the person and getting angry before they even post twice? YOU CAN'T.

Denying ignorance actually means something beyond finding hoaxes and discrediting people

But it starts with weeding out the hoax.

No, it starts with personal responsibility, it has nothing to do with hoaxes directly. This is a deeper concept, and if you want to weed things out get a job landscaping.

but at least I don't resort to childish jokes and insults

But you do seem to be childish enough to point fingers about it.

Oh to the contrary. I can point out immaturity without being immature quite easily. Is that all you could come up with? You are offended and are trying to justify why your insulting behaviors are acceptable, when they clearly are not. You have no concern about pursuing intelligent conversation, not at least when you can tease, call names, and yell Hoax! at the top of your lungs.

Don't even bother replying, I refuse to expend any further energy on your anger, foolishness, and chronic misunderstandings of what is required for intelligent discourse. A lot of people have recently been complaining about attitudes just like the ones in this thread, and I will remain vocal and I will not just sit and watch this destroy ATS when at least I should say something. All of you acting in such a way should be ashamed! GROW UP.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
These threads really annoy me... why cant the OP begin with the proof in his starting post instead of waiting for the drama to build up then just dissapear? These sort of people should be banned in an instant.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is BS. The only reason I'm posting and feeding this ridiculous thread is to point out you all did what the OP wanted you all to do. Get pissed off and start yelling at one another. This is a poorly put together hoax, but it still generated 7 pages of pure crap because of you guys feeding it. Its obviously a hoax, so why reply?

And don't even get me started on some of the people here that blindly believed the OP off the bat with no evidence, just a poorly written script that looks like it was (and it was) written by a bored 14 year old.

ATS just lost a few more brain cells

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore (& Ben, et al)

I respectfully disagree. I think there is some value in contributing to this thread and similar obvious hoax threads.

For one thing, it gives serious analysts a forum for examining and discussing specific instances of fakery, debauchery, and similar shenanigans which are replete in the UFO field.

Secondly, it allows for a method by which such fake/hoax perpetrators are exposed (and, some might argue, permits them to be publicly ridiculed for doing so). If nothing else, this might offer a bit of disincentive for others to emulate such behavior.

Finally, it provides an opportunity to add to the "Z-files" (as opposed to the "X-files") a growing library of known (or nearly known) hoaxes and frauds in the UFO/Alien field. By exposing and giving 'air-time' to frauds we increase awareness and are then better able to identify them should we encounter them again in the future.

We are all (most of us anyway) here to seek and explore and discover the growing conundrum of Aliens & UFOS. We keep scouring the threads looking for that morsel of truth, the irrefutable evidence, the grains of fact among the chaff.

How better to identify the real unless we are able to recognize the not-so-real? If we know and understand the fakes, we will be better able to identify the non-fakes if and when they may present themselves.

So let the OP be grilled a bit longer in the court of public opinion. My informal polling of this thread indicates about a 20:1 non-believable ratio. I think we all know why the OP has not come back. If he/she/it has been roasted a bit and the irritated posters had a little fun at the OP's expense - so what?

I trust the collective judgment of the ATS community. The majority rules: the OP is fraud. All the community has done is help him bury himself. If that prevents him from returning, I'd say 'truth' has won. And the credit goes to those that have taken the time to review, reflect, and respond.

Keep up the good work...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

I understand what you mean, but we get threads like these every day in the various sub-forums of this site. Most people here can spot a hoax from the get-go. It's fairly easy to spot a hoax because most hoax's here are from bored kids. Poor grammer, inconsistent or just downright stupid plot line, and immaturity are easily spotted.

Now, if you are talking about the more well put together hoax's, I totally agree. The hoax's where the hoaxer spent more than 15 minutes planning it out. Hoax's with fabricated evidence that seem real. Those we need to examine and discuss so we can reach a consensus on it being a hoax. But threads like these deserve no attention, any sane person would recognize it as fake. The young hoaxers mostly post this crap not to garner believers, but to make us squabble among each other.

Edit: And a simple look at the OP's posting history tells volumes. In this case, one post of his says he works at google, and he then goes on to ramble about his higher ups at google killing him for leaking about the Google Earth conspiracy
When did Google start dealing with astronomy matters?

[edit on 21-7-2008 by ben420]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This thread is being closed due to the non-participation of the thread starter. Absent the author of the thread being available to respond to questions, we seem to devolve into a series of one-line sarcastic responses and personal attacks.

If the author comes forward via u2u to a staff member or submission via the Suggestions option in the Member center with additional evidence, we'll consider reopening the thread.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join