It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we Americans now barbarians and savages?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by djerwulfe

A personal attack? Really? I bow to the might of your logic, djerwulfe. How, exactly, does one sleep on a weapon that is being fired? Fall asleep at your post there, boss? Or did you just forget to engage the safety?

[edit on 20-7-2008 by Ephiram-Lo]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
GW and his regime have not maintained the standards that the U.S. military has been known for in the treatment of POWs, and in this manner we have taken a step backwards, but the actions of the U.S. military are no where nearly as barbaric as the actions of the Terrorists that we are fighting against.

These terrorists are not fighting to take back their countries from invaders, they are fighting to force their will and their beliefs on others. When the rest of the Middle East learns to rise up against these blood thirsty killers and regain control of their lives from these religious fanatics, they will all be better off.

Currently, from the reports I have read, the people of Iraq support the U.S. effort to create a representative government in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It is about the rule of law you neocons disdain. You either live by laws you have agreed to abide or you are lost.

There are many examples of detainees who have died in custody here are just a few...

From CBS News:

(CBS/AP) Three U.S. soldiers have been charged in the drowning death of an Iraqi man who was forced to jump off a bridge into the Tigris River north of Baghdad in January, the military said Friday.

A fourth soldier faces charges for allegedly ordering a second Iraqi to jump. That man survived.

Two of the soldiers are charged with manslaughter, assault, conspiracy, false statements and obstruction, according to officials of the 4th Infantry Division. A third is charged with manslaughter and making a false statement, and the fourth is charged with assault and making a false statement.

In other cases:

Chief Warrant Officers Lewis Welshofer and Jeff Williams, also from Fort Carlson, were reprimanded and forbidden from conducting further interrogations after the death of Iraqi Maj. Gen. Abed Hamed Mowhoush. Mowhoush died from asphyxiation due to smothering and chest compression, according to Pentagon documents obtained by the Denver Post. The newspaper has reported that the military plans to charge Welshofer and Williams.

A U.S. soldier suspected of killing an Iraqi man in Kufa appeared before a U.S military court in Baghdad for a pretrial hearing, the U.S. military said Friday. Rogelio M. Maynulet of the 1st Armored Division was charged June 12 with murder and dereliction of duty for the suspected killing of an Iraqi male May 21 near Kufa, south Baghdad.

The U.S. military says Abdul Wahid died in American custody — one of four such cases under criminal investigation in Afghanistan — but the man's father blames the Afghan militia, not U.S. forces.

The Army has reopened investigations into two other prisoner deaths in Iraq that had previously been attributed to natural causes, an official with the service said this week.

The Article 32 hearing for Maynulet, similar to a civilian grand jury in the United States, was held June 25-28. It is expected to reconvene in Germany on July 20.

The charges against him "stem from an incident in which U.S. forces near Kufa came into contact with a black sedan believed to contain militia forces," the military said in a statement.

"A chase began, and U.S. forces shot at the vehicle. The driver and a passenger were wounded. Shortly thereafter, the wounded driver was shot and killed at close range."

The U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command confirmed the probe into Wahid's death, but refused to comment before the investigation's complete.

A spokesman for Afghanistan's Defense Minister, Mohammed Zahir Azimi, said he had not heard any report about the detainee's case.

"I think the Afghan forces have beaten my son very badly and killed him," Wahid's father, Amanullah, told The Associated Press in an interview at his simple baked-mud house in Helmand province.

According to a death certificate released by the Pentagon in May, Wahid's death was a homicide caused by multiple blunt force injuries complicated by a muscle condition — although his father said Wahid had no major health problems. It said he died in an American-controlled facility on Nov. 6, 2003.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ephiram-Lo

So now you're moving those goalposts huh?

Ok. Whatever works for you.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ephiram-Lo

... Offended? Personally, by this
? So I said you're sad. Yeah, personal. I was trying to be funny.

Anyway, it was training and I wasn't using the weapon. On the range. It'd been a long time since we slept.

but that's not the point...
another personal attack:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

So, basically your full of turd!!!

I dont hate America, not one bit, but i do hate the government that runs it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join