It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloverfield movie preparing us for disclosure?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kyyuulle

that made me LOL out loud
...LOL!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by qonone

true true, it was more part of the marketing campaign than anything, it's kind of a moot point until they actually do make a sequel and explain it..but that's also part of the charm of the movie.

And just to keep on topic. no I don't see the movie as disclosure....And shouldn't the title have a question mark in it?

Such a paranoid world we live in

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by X-Ray

Nah, I doubt it. They would have used a movie that people would actually want to go see. Cloverfield was just a bad movie. They did generate a bit of hype by not showing the alien monster in their previews, but I'm sure that this was done because the producers realized that they had a bomb on their hands.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
You know, I liked Cloverfield.

The "horrible camera work" was deliberate--the whole point was to make a horror/disaster movie seen completely from the perspective of the innocent, nameless bystander swept up in the moment rather than the usual formula of focusing on the leaders and the heroic warrior and endless, perfectly clear shots of the monster/UFO/etc. in a slickly-produced extravaganza the likes of which Hollywood usually squeezes out for our consumption. In this regard I think it was quite successful.

It is "art".

Now as for whether or not it's some kind of dsiclosure I'd heartily disagree; though as was stated earlier desensitization could be the "real agenda" (if any). More likely the studio and production team came to an understanding; the studio knows disaster movies usually sell well and the director wanted to tweak the disaster formula a bit. People make money, everyone's happy, they all go home and try to figure out the sequel so they can rake in some more cash.

Making money and stroking fragile egos are the true agendas of Hollywood. To read much more than that into it tells me someone needs to take a break from ATS and watch some cartoons to get their minds off The Great Conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

i'm not saying the actual movie might be somthing real that is going to happen, but rather that it could be trying to prepare us for a similar situation, what about in the book of revelations where he bible talks about the beast of the land, sea and earth???

[edit on 20-7-2008 by X-Ray]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by X-Ray
Hi People,

New here, but been subscribed to the newsletter for years, thought i would get involved, sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

Have any of you members here seen the movie Cloverfield?
what are your takes on it? I mean it has no real beginning or end or explanation of anything really in the film? possible prepping for what may happen in our near futur??

It's a movie PLEASE!!

Honestly what is with ATS these days. I fully expect to see a thread about chewing gum on streets being some sort of alien-government conspiracy.

X-Ray: lighten up, enjoy life, go for walk, have a night out with some friends, play a game.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
On the topic of the Cloverfield monster being alien in origin - from what I gather, the object falling into the sea at the end is a satellite, mentioned in the film itself, that then goes on to fall onto the creature in the depths of the sea and wake it up. Basically, the creature isn't alien but is from the very bottom of the ocean.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
....And i can't believe how quick people are here to dismiss and crush a conversation, you have become slaves to yourselves. this was only ment to be an interesting conversation, but it feels like people will instantly smear it if it holds no interest to them, please, if you cannot contribute in a constructive critisizing manner, please just don't post here then......
this is just an iteresting conversation topic one way or the other, not a HERE IS THE COLD HARD FACTS PEOPLE, DEAL WITH IT BECAUSE SOON CUTHULU WILL BE IN OUR CITIES CAUSING DESTRUCTION BECAUSE OF PMS......................

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

what are your takes on it? I mean it has no real beginning or end or explanation of anything really in the film? possible prepping for what may happen in our near futur??

Cloverfield was a cross between Godzilla (monster attacks city) and Blair Witch (ie:, shakey-cam, 1st person point of view, all main characters are doomed except for the black chick who's hotter than Georgia asphalt in the summertime).

As a side note I was so glad when the monster ate "Hud", the guy holding the camera.
I actually heard cheers in the audience when he was killed, lets face it - he had the most annoying voice.

AND did anyone else notice how the little crab like creatures sounded like Donald Duck when the would attack? I was laughin' my arse off during the subway scene.

do you not think that this kind of disclosur is relevant?
or do you just not believe that disclosur of this sort exists at all?

I do not think that there is any relevant disclosure involved in THIS movie.
I would like to see proven examples of films used for disclosure.

ALSO - did you know that a Cloverfield 2 is in the works? There are some screenshots already available on the internet showing a submarine encountering the crab like creatures.

[edit on 7/20/2008 by bios]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by X-Ray

Alright then. I would say that if aliens should attack or so a hostile race of them they most probably would have advanced tech to do the job, rather than putting some ugly monsters on us. If we get it right to fight them off with eg "water" and they start to lose maybe then they will send in their "dogs".

Many of us believe that aliens are out there and awaiting the fools to admit it to the world may not happen until aliens themselves make it known in a BIG way. I must say many weird things has been happening over the last few months that strengthen disclosure but we are still being played. Crap will happen no matter if puppetmasters keep it a secret or not. If the world rulers have some deals with ET's to save their own butts by selling ours to aliens there is nothing we can do. But i will take as many down as i can before they "hypnotize" me.

Aliens or monsters if they come looking for crap they better not look through my window.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Holy crap..!

Well i hope it's not disclosure..
Otherwise we're all screwed.

I do have this nagging feeling that some of the TV shows and films that we're exposed to contain elements of truth that many people scoff at as being "just fiction". IMO, it's all to get us used to the whole idea of having something "alien" to us in our reality as we know it.. Whether Cloverfield is actually apart of that, i really don't have a clue.

Nothing is as it seems, right?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I think that too often we tend to try and read motive into movies like Cloverfield, and Independence Day. Lest we forget, the real purpose of HollowWood is to make money for all the folks who work there. Movies are, essentially, an industry.

I wouldn't get too terribly wrapped up in theories that can lead you off the deep end into quagmires that are, too often, irreconcilable, yet silly. If it means that much to you, get from behind the TV, the movie screen, and your trusty keyboard. Get out. Meet people. See how they interact and see if things are valid enough to fit together in your mind.

Sometmes a movie is just a movie and isn't a product of the NWO, Illuminati, Masons, or whomsoever may feel that they have a brainwashing agenda to push that particular week.

I know... I know... I'm obviously a Disinformation Agent.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Interesting though,

But if you were to take this or similar films to say, a kid in Etheopia, he would most probably freak his nut off, so why don't we?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by X-Ray

Cloverfield was complete and utter 100% rubbish and deserves to be locked away and never to see the light of day again along with that other crap film "I am Legend".

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
interesting concept. But that movie was total fiction. The monster was lacking mystery and it looked like crap. I still prefer Godzilla over any monster. Why didn't just make it a godzilla movie? that would have been better. Disclosure? nah. Just another scifi film lacking originality.

BTW the Rancor could probably kill that cloverfield worm pretty quick.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by X-Ray

I understand what you're saying...

The concept is interesting, using a movie, no matter how bad/good it may be, to ready the general public for a disclosure of "something". Whether I believe it or not is a whole 'nother question

Your question concerning Revelations is way beyond me, as I've no knowledge whatsoever concerning it.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Thread Announcement

I know this is kinda a fun thread but please keep all posts from this point forward more about the use of film as a conditioner for future disclosure and less about the movie.

This is ATS and all discussion should be leaning to the conspiratorial.

Any more movie critiques will be removed by staff without any further warning.

Thanks for your understanding and compliance.

Thank You,
ATS Staff

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Cloverfield reminded me of "Surface" the short lived series on NBC a couple years ago that came out at the same time as Invasion and Threshhold.
All of which seemed like they could be experimental mini disclosures trying to guage what peoples reactions would be to each scenario of threat.

All of these experimental series died horrible deaths after the first season and ticked off a few people that wanted to know what comes next.

In my opinion the scenario presented in those series are much more viable threats than cloverfield. I doubt they have any knowledge of such a type of creature for if it had ever happened at all we would have known.. you can't keep something that big a secret. And if it hasnt happened then how would they know its coming or even possible. Its just the creation of a writers mind.

Nothing more. But it was somewhat entertaining.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Worst movie i have ever seen, and i do not beleive the producers know what our future holds so how can they prepare us with this movie?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join