It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloverfield movie preparing us for disclosure?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
actually the thing that fell out of the sky at the end was a satellite, whole bunch of crap on this movie at imdb....personally I think Jurassic Park has a better chance of happenin then a monster coming out of the ocean, but thats just my opinion

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by X-Ray
Hi People,

New here, but been subscribed to the newsletter for years, thought i would get involved, sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

Have any of you members here seen the movie Cloverfield?
what are your takes on it? I mean it has no real beginning or end or explanation of anything really in the film? possible prepping for what may happen in our near futur??

Yea they were leaving it open for a reason. In the movie business they call this a sequel.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
IMO, films such as 'Cloverfield', 'I Am Legend', 'The Happening', 'Deep Impact' etc.--they all paint a picture of massive death and destruction [an 'E.L.E.'--Extinction Level Event, or, in 'Semi-Pro', "Everybody Love Everybody" [HA!]]. This leads to massive rounding up of the population [they even did this in 'The Simpsons'], by the government, in the face of whatever has attacked.

Is 'Cloverfield' a disclosure? Well, it is my belief that whichever WMD's could be loosed upon us by the PTB would be much subtler and more manageable than a 350-foot monster.

Maybe it is a disclosure, in the 'hiding right out in the open'-mode, of imminent destruction. Pick your poison.

Or, maybe it's just another over-hyped Hollywood let-down that grossed over $80,000,000 in these 'United' States.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Disclosure? No. Let me make this clear. It's a fictional story made to rake in $$$.

However....

I DO believe it's something along the lines of desensitizing us. There is a long list of desensitizing movies along the "alien" line.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Independence Day
The "Alien" series (along with Predators series)
et al.

And, I'll point out to everyone who scoffs at Godzilla that the main crux of the story is focussed upon the devastating effects of Nuclear mishaps. It was the point Japan was trying to make with the Godzilla movies.

So no to disclosure and yes to desensitisation.

My $.02
Cuhail

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyyuulle
you've got to be kidding me.

yeaaa
because creating biologically engineered lifeforms is IMPOSSIBLE.

and people thinking things that ARE TECHNICALLY POSSIBLE, as ...."ABSURD", is something that is of NO value whatsoever to anyone that would create such a thing for such a purpose....riiiiight?

i'm not saying it's happened or is going to happen...

but to completely negate ANY possibility of a group of geniuses hired to create a massively powerful destructive lifeform that would strike ABSOLUTE TERROR into the masses, as a something that would have NEVER been considered by ANYONE in the highest rungs of social planning..

...is weetawded.

their minds are far more open to "any means necessary" than yours.

thus, anything put upon the public.. because of the "absurdity clause"..
can and WILL/HAS been blamed on whatever they want to blame it on... anything that "gells" with your currently understandable view of global politics and events...based on what information you've been spoonfed.
ie: .. aliens.. ie.. fanatic religious zealots with massive funding etc...

it's not something that is impossible in the grand scheme of things.
and it's not something that hasn't been thought of.

Godzilla go, "RAAAAAAAARRRR!"

-

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
but to completely negate ANY possibility of a group of geniuses hired to create a massively powerful destructive...

...is weetawded.

No it's not "weetawded." Actually, quite the opposite. It is ignorant, uneducated, and uninformed to think that it is possible. There is no way any group of geniuses could create such a creature, for the simple fact it is impossible for a creature of that size to exist on Earth, for a variety of reasons. I would suggest a quite Google/Yahoo search for the "Science of Godzilla" for examples of the very deadly problems a creature of that proportions would run in to on Earth.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone has seen the movie "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" but i saw it for the first time last night, I was wondering if anyone thought it might have been the basis for our goverments attitudes toward non disclosure and do u think its a sign of whats to come. I wondering if its just a snapshot of whats going to happen, what are your thoughts on this?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Ok first a Indiana Jones....Batman......and now Cloverfield????Oh boy you people are indeed need to get a grip on reality.They are movies.....they are scripts written by writers to make money for a living...They are nothing more nothing less.I don't think writers can sell a crappy script and make good money.I also don't think a writer would write a script based on LOL a giant lobster that the size of a skyscraper to disclose info on future alien threats.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

No way,,,are you for real.... there has to more to it than that. That is just too simple of an answer. Its far to clear and way to reasonable of an answer, it needs to be something so far fetched and crazy before I will believe, hang on let me check on one of the crazy conspiracy theory websites and see who they agree with , you or me....lol

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
You're actually all wrong. Cloverfield is NOT a movie per'se. I happen to know a man--a high ranked CIA official--that frequents the grocery store I work at. We have become friendly and chat often when he comes in. One day he came in very panicked and accosted me saying, "The eggplants! The eggplants!" And I asked him to calm down but he said he couldn't. I took him to the eggplants, and he was placated. That was an odd day. The next next day he came in and told me to leave urban areas, find somewhere rural and grow eggplants of any variety. He told me Cloverfield was a primer for events to unfold. The Reptilian Overlords use the large monsters mainly as harbingers of fear and terror he told me, thought they're actually weak and easily slayed by human weapons. The crab-lice, however, can and will breed frequently and eat voraciously. But something in eggplants is dreadfully toxic to them. I guess I'm just saying; people, please grow eggplants. It's our only hope.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
O.K. yes, everyone, I do believe this is a dig directed at me and not in a good way. Sorry to disappoint but I am sure he is mocking me and my thread.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by X-Ray
Hi People,

New here, but been subscribed to the newsletter for years, thought i would get involved, sorry if this post is in the wrong place.

Have any of you members here seen the movie Cloverfield?
what are your takes on it? I mean it has no real beginning or end or explanation of anything really in the film? possible prepping for what may happen in our near futur??

so, by your reckoning, and way of thinking, the Blair Witch Project was "warning" us of impending danger from the woods ?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by anyone
O.K. yes, everyone, I do believe this is a dig directed at me and not in a good way. Sorry to disappoint but I am sure he is mocking me and my thread.

ahh its hit and miss at its best

some threads will get a good reaction, some bad.

dont beat yourself up mate.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I would be more worried about The Mist prepping us for an invasion from an alternate dimension especially with the Light Hadron Collider coming online next month than a remake of Godzilla prepping us for a monster who wants to destroy NY (guess I'm safe in UK at least). Of course both have less chance happening than a satellite dropping from the sky and hitting you which is still a very remote chance

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The people who made CLOVERFIELD have that production company called BAD ROBOT................they are the same folks who make the TV series LOST.

as for it prepping us for anything I agree with the 2nd poster....that you HAVE to be kiddiing us.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I thought it was a neat movie, watched it in a concrete seller type basement with no lights on while getting drunk... really kept my attention the whole movie...

But I gotta say they'res probably a small chance something weird like that would ever happen, it would have happened already or been documented in history...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KoldAcadian
actually the thing that fell out of the sky at the end was a satellite, whole bunch of crap on this movie at imdb.

Don't want to get off-topic but need to answer this.

I cannot go into the whole story here but that is what people say on IMDb, that is not a reliable source as everyone member there knows better. The end of the movie where the "thing" falls in the ocean is a flashback few months before the attack on NY. It tells us that the "monster" came from space in the last seconds of the movie. Some say it came via a USO which makes sense for the movie. Then the monster itself was not a big lizard, imo, it was alien/predator-ish - aka ET.

The Cloverfield Monster Action Figure

Why put/use that specific scene with the couple smiling at a camera which makes no sense? Look at the "big" picture and then the answer of what the monster/s was/are becomes more accurate in that scene. If the producer says it was a satellite i will concur, but it will not make sense as they want a sequel.

I do agree that a Jurassic attack is more "plausible" though

[edit on 7/20/2008 by qonone]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I loved the Cloverfield movie though.Could have been better instead of seeing through the eyes of a camera.We know there will be a second one..there is room leftover since the beast we don't know was killed.Its makes you to believe it did but who knows.They killed off Shatner before in StarTrek but managed to bring him back.LOL just like Jason a billion times.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Thread Announcement

I know this is kinda a fun thread but please keep all posts from this point forward more about the use of film as a conditioner for future disclosure and less about the movie.

This is ATS and all discussion should be leaning to the conspiratorial.

Thanks for your understanding and compliance.

Thank You,
ATS Staff

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Cloverfield was done by the same guy who does the T.V. show Lost, of which I used to be a huge fan. I thought the movie was exactly like an episode of Lost. I thought it sucked. No matter how intriguing or suspenseful your drama may be, you just cant string people along for as long as he attempts. Yes I believe there will be another one. However I do not know. I hope its not 5 or 6 more. An easy way to find out would be to perform a Google search. As for discloser in real life, no. Not even the people who read the Sun And the Inquirer would "soak that up".

~Hypno

[edit on 20-7-2008 by HypnoAsp]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join