It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Believe? Canadian UFO Sightings Climb (To Record) in 2007!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Do You Believe? Canadian UFO Sightings Climb (To Record) in 2007!

www.canada.com

Canadians in four provinces reported seeing a record number of unidentified flying objects in 2007, according to an annual report released by a Winnipeg-based non-profit organization that has recorded UFO sightings since 1989.

The UFOlogy Research Institute, which compiles data from sources including Transport Canada and the Department of National Defence, said researchers examined 836 alleged UFO sightings in 2007, an increase of almost 12 per cent over 2006.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-7-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We are on the cusp of something big IMO---This parallels the UK, which has literally exploded with sightings and activity.

I wonder if whoever (or whatever) is flying these craft is just going to take disclosure out of TPTB's hands altogether, by making their presence known to a degree where it can no longer be refutable to the entire world?

My feeling is this may be what is occurring in recent times...

While B.C. typically has the highest number of reported sightings, the 2007 compilation found that New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario and Quebec all pulled in all-time high numbers of UFO reports.

The reports were filed by witnesses with government and military agencies, police and several online UFO websites. Witnesses ranged from farmhands to airline pilots and included teachers and police officers.

www.canada.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I saw a 3 UFOs once and it was in Montreal.

They were 3 bright circular lights, too fast to be gigantic spotlights of some sort and they didn't follow any patterns while moving

cars went by and stopped and looked, nobody had a camera though and if I remember there was no youtube at the time.

but i know what i saw

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I am deficient in the quote and cut and paste abilities, but your comment, "but I know what I saw" rings true for many of us.
I,for one, will not be diverted by those that have not seen.
To OP, write to your ministry of Defence and tell them to have the Americans keep their toys on the proper side of the fence.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I live in Ontario, with the Canadian NORAD base, and I have seen them too.
Discs, lights, cylinder, and orbs in my lifetime.
But I do NOT believe them to be Alien.
Just toys..exactly.
Some theirs, some ours, some from over yonder.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hey everyone, long time reader but new to posting
Saw the thread here about Canadian UFO sightings and just wanted to share my experiences. I am in Manitoba, and have seen things that I cannot explain. Both as a child, years ago...and even now, leading up to only a couple weeks ago. Both times I have seen something in the sky, it was the same thing. It was a very big ball of light. It was glowing...softly. Changing colors, from orange, to green, purple, etc. Then it was gone....only to reappear in the sky somewhere completely different only minutes later. I am not going to say that it is aliens....but it was definitely an object, flying...which I was unable to identify

My mom has claimed to have had an experience much more chilling than mine however, having lived on a rural farm as a girl. I will share that story with anyone who is willing to hear it...but I will hold my tongue for now. My posts so have have gone unnoticed, or just avoided lol. So I won't waste my time telling a story no one wants to hear.

Peace and love, everybody

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm in Canada and haven't seen one. And I've been watching.

Perhaps that might have something to do with the fact that I live almost in the boonies. There's an airport nearby but no military installations or anything.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Sometimes the best place to see something is in a rural area. Keep watching the skies Ceara

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Strongheart

Well, I would very much like to hear your story.
Sorry that you don't feel appreciated. I am new here too and don't post much. Tell us your story!

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This annual report is both good and bad. I love reading about Canadian content, but I know some of the sources this report gets its stories from.

Multiple reports are filed by the same person, and they are not verified in the slightest. This boosts the numbers massively.

I sky watch all the time (in Saskatchewan) and I have never seen a single UFO.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I live in South Vancouver (BC) and I saw one in the direction of Vancouver airport in 2003. It was a half round silver object hovering in the sky. It hovered for at least 5 minutes. I can usually see planes take off and landing in the distance all the time but there was NOTHING for the same length of time. I was getting ready for work in my apartment and when I attempted to find my binoculars, it disappeared. But on my way to work, I saw 5 evenly spaced contrails (jet trails) heading from west to east. I can only assume it was interceptors...

I can't believe no one else reported it since it was during rush hour...

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
We are on the cusp of something big IMO---This parallels the UK, which has literally exploded with sightings and activity.

I wonder if whoever (or whatever) is flying these craft is just going to take disclosure out of TPTB's hands altogether, by making their presence known to a degree where it can no longer be refutable to the entire world?

My feeling is this may be what is occurring in recent times...

I very much hope so DimensionalDetective.

There seems to indeed be an increase in sightings, so I hope we will be in for something exciting in the near future.

Originally posted by Strongheart
My mom has claimed to have had an experience much more chilling than mine however, having lived on a rural farm as a girl. I will share that story with anyone who is willing to hear it...but I will hold my tongue for now. My posts so have have gone unnoticed, or just avoided lol. So I won't waste my time telling a story no one wants to hear.

Welcome to ATS (pretty new myself) and I think there are alot of people that would like to hear your story. I for one would.

Just post it in the Skunkworks part of the forum, as some people will give you a hard time in the Aliens & UFO's forum if you don't provide irrefutable scientific proof of your claims.

Originally posted by juniperberry
I live in South Vancouver (BC) and I saw one in the direction of Vancouver airport in 2003.

Hehe you are so lucky. I've been on holiday in Vancouver once and it was absolutely stunning....and you apparently have UFO's also.

Maybe I should move to Vancouver.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I've never seen one myself, but a friend of mine once described UFO years ago. I was talking about some of the supernatural occurrences I have witnessed and he responded by telling me the only "weird" thing he ever experienced. He said he was driving down the highway with him mom when his mom spotted lights in the sky that were in the shape of a triangle. As soon as he mentioned a triangle, shivers went down my spine. This guy is not the kind of guy that reads about aliens or conspiracies, so to hear him describe seeing a triangle shaped UFO (which most of us here know is quite commonly seen in sightings) made me more firm in my beliefs.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I realize that I am a nobody, just a regular old forum member. BUT... I have seen an actual alien, so why wouldn't they have craft?
I strongly feel that Canada is going to be the first to admit the UFO phenomena is real.
Canada has more beautiful pristine acreage that any other place I know, of course they have visitors interested in botanical sciences of our planet.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
LoL! thanks for the welcome fastwalker. I know what you mean about getting flamed without having actual scientific proof. In my defence...i'm not trying to prove any theory right or wrong....just having an open discussion about stories/experiences. People can choose to believe or not, I don't care. I don't really wanna waste my time making up lies to write down here though, just to get attention or to feel special. It won't break my heart if someone chooses to call shenanigans. Not like i'm trying to say I was abducted...or that I am half alien, myself.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
are there more sightings , or greater reporting of sightings ?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

...Just toys?...I am flabbergasted at the fact that for SOME reason, IF they are just government "toys" like you say, doesn't it make you mad that you are paying $1.35/L of gas while your government has these "toys" that CLEARLY don't run on any kind of combustible fuel, can SHATTER speed records, AND can DEFY the physics of INERTIA...I'm concerned that you are not upset about this BLATANT technological cover up. Don't you think a machine that can defy physics would be particularly useful for the world? seeing as how we are "struggling" to get to the moon on ROCKET FUEL? B.S! They want you to believe we are still in the stone age...these machines would not harm the environment, it would get us to other planets, and then we could find out for sure if there is life on other planets instead of relying on YOUR GOVERNMENT to tell US because they are CROOKS AND LIARS.

And you're not the slightest bit concerned?

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I live in Ontario, just outside Toronto, probably about 2 months ago I was sitting in a friends backyard, and saw something dart across the sky, then disappear, then about halfway between where i first seen it and where it disappeared I saw a bright flash after it had just disappeared, only thing I ever seen in the skies I couldn't explain

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
im in winnipeg , got my camera setup , plan on looking for some ufos tonight. i probably won't see anything but i wanna try and get some pictures if i can. If i can get good shots ill definately post them hopefully ill be lucky and the weather clears up by later tonight.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
To OP, write to your ministry of Defence and tell them to have the Americans keep their toys on the proper side of the fence.

That won't work... remember the Avro? It was a joint Canadian USAF project and there is a no fly zone in Alberta CFB Suffield, Canada's Area 51

If you look in Google Earth you will see big circles..

This is were the British Army is testing... and there are stories of Nerve gas and other chemical weapons being tested...

The circles were roads to check results of Nuclear testing by the British..

Good One
Let the Brits Nuke Canada...

Fortunately cooler heads prevailed as it turns out the area is right smack in the middle of the biggest natural gas deposit in the world

Now THAT would have been an impressive BANG

Funny thing its also near that "Ipod Indian Head"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join