It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WMD's were found in IRAQ.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

our own military uses D U weapons.that would be depleated uranium.they are weapons of mass destruction.should the rest of the world invade us as well?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
If a number of these degraded shells well past their shelf life were discovered in Iraq, this has still nothing to do with the context in which the term "WMD" is used when it's applied to Iraq, and the OPer is fully aware of that. He's just pushing an agenda.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

im not putting words in your mouth, i am not going to bother giving your posts any though until you learn reading comprehension, and the ability to research things before you speak.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SavageHenry

Thank you. These were NOT WMDs. Were they chemical munitions? Yes. Were they viable? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Yet the Bush supporters, or better yet (and probably truer yet), the war supporters try to point to this.

The reason, OP, that we continue to state that NO WMDs have been found is because these were not valid. I have seen this story too. No I was not ignoring it. These were more than likely the same exact chemical munitions that WE sold to them! Or better yet, Rumsfeld. Decades old and worthless.

The reason we were supposed to invade Iraq wasn't to find old, degraded chemical munitions but to find the STUFF THEY WERE SUPPOSEDLY MAKING AT THAT TIME! That was the whole spiel.

"They're making WMDs." "We don't want the first sign that they have WMDs to come in the shape of a mushroom cloud." FEAR FEAR FEAR

So please, do you finally accept (again to the OP) that NO WMDs were found?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by willywagga

by brutal force? im not sure what you mean, this is war. of course people will die, if these insurgents would stop hiding amongst their own people, then civilians would stop getting shot. it is not the US who is causing it when you look at it with any kind of thought.

we did not decide for them, there are hundreds if not thousands of accounts of Iraqis showing the gratitude that America came in a helped them out when nobody else would.

im not saying that our war is 100% justified, and im not saying i support it 100%, but you see, there is a silver lining to every cloud. a lot of people on ATS are ignorant to that because it's mostly nay sayers and doom and gloom type people, so if they can label something as bad... they will

they plain and simple fact is that when saddam was in control, more people were dying then there are now. more people were at risk, more people were in direct danger (not us IMO, but the countries neighbors.)

it is a step that must be taken to ensure that something like 9/11 will never happen again (here comes to 9/11 truthers, and people who think that our war over there has done nothing to stop terrorist attacks) i mean why would they bother coming over here to kill us, if they can try to do it in their own backyard.

and when you look at the death tolls vs. the amount of time we have been there, i would say this has really moved pretty effeciently, in terms of overall american deaths due to enemy combatant attacks.

you don't have to see it my war, but at least try to look at things with an open mind. instead of instantly assuming bush wants to be an evil facist dictator and to take over the world and to get rich off making money for an oil company.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by emergencyresponseteam

So now IRAN is a WMD country?

I knew I would see this statement somewhere. And how convenient that all of the WMDs just happen to be moved about so easily. Especially at the amount that was supposed to be there. Sorry, not buying that BS anymore.

Let's just invade Iran now so we can get it over with and FIND NOTHING!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

they are not weapons of mass destruction, do they go boom and take out entire cities or millions of people? no, the do however slowly emit radiation that CAN hurt people... but they are not fitting in the definition of WMD no mater how far you stretch the term.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

well they officially are not, and i have no official stories to prove they are, but just look at the posturing and past reactions they have had to negotiations and such. it all points to some pretty dubious things going on over there.

but hey have threatened to wipe the israli regime off the map

and i read a news article not too long ago that said that there was a Fatwa that authorized the use of nuclear weapons, but then again i also read an article that said the Fatwa prohibited the use of such weapons.

but my main question here is, why would they say 'don't use nukes" if they didn't have them, or weren't trying to make them?

they are jealous and scared of Israel having nukes, so they want some to level the playing field, why wouldn't they be trying to make them secretly (since they already know that there is no way in hell that America will let that happen.)

FYI: this would not be an invasion if it happened. it would most likely be a strategic bombing of all the infrastructure related to nuclear power.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Another stupid thread.

Since 2003 Coalition forces have recovered approximately 500 weapons munitions which contain degraded mustard or sarin nerve agent.

The operative word being "degraded". It's pre-Gulf War and it was supplied by the Zionist Empire. www.youtube.com...
Talk about biting your ass in the end. This time it's your soldier's dead ass. 4000 of them.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Yes they are. nuclear watchdogs äre aware about the logistical and technical Support from NK and China. They currently trying hard to build there first bomb but failing constantly since we captured the 6 nk nuclear experts. But technically does Iran have all the needed components. And of they advance more, IDF will blow em to hell. Same what happens in syria. But i understand that most here are anti usa.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
im starting this thread because im sick of seeing posts saying "what happened to the wmd's in Iraq." and any and every variant of this.

I already know im going to here degraded this and old that. the point is 500 chemical weapons were found. this still may not justify the war but WMD'S WERE FOUND. like it or not they were there.

and this is just a thought I don’t think all of them have been found yet. also I don’t think the whole report has yet been declassified..

Since 2003 Coalition forces have recovered approximately 500 weapons munitions which contain degraded mustard or sarin nerve agent.

source:
www.foxnews.com...

also i dont know if this is in the right place. please move if needed..

Well man... as with alot of topics on this website... unless you were there to know what was found and/or the reasons for going in the first place... then we ALL are just arguing thing's we've been told/read/watched to be the truth.. IMHO

[edit on 18-7-2008 by ToolFanMael]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You do realize that these were weapons from Bush Sr.'s war, right? And that they've been there since then? And that they have been known about for some 25 years, yet not one leader in the world deemed it war worthy, until George W?

Just checking.

[edit on 7/18/2008 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Its sad the op would say he is sick of hearing about no wmd found and attermpt to pass this old news off as proof.

The fact is we already knew there where chemical weapons left over from the first gulf war. And saying well, we found 500 of them so there where wmd is A terrible attempt to Justify the action taken. I personally am sick of even hearing the word wmd. It will be forever burned in my brain and will always make me see a terrible president when i hear it.

I will tell you that you need to go back to the reagan days, Do some research on what our government was doing and follow the info to today. Then maybe you will see what is really going on in the middle east and what the United states interest's are there.

It all comes down to money and greed. Bottom line, simple as that. The only other reason to go to war is to take over a country and occupy it.The big picture is We will secure all borders around china. Then we will find a reason to go to war with them. That has always been the big picture.Some plans take many years to accomplish.

And let me point out that this report the op has found is only part of what was written. It says these are only some key points that where declassified. And to me, they where not very good ones at that.

Russ1969

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
ive got a lot of people to reply to. so im gonna try to cover most of it in one post. if you want me to elaberate more on your post, just ask and you shall recieve.

ok first. fox news was not my source my source was a letter written to fox news from the house of reps.

second. bush said they didnt exisest in his speaches because the intel was classified. that means they dont tell the public about it.

third. it is not my intentions to glorfy bush or this was if you read the op with an open mind and didnt try so hard to be narrow minded and one sided you would already know this and i wouldnt be posting it for the third time.

ok that takes care of most of them. any futher questions?

by all means ask away..

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by DaleGribble

our own military uses D U weapons.that would be depleated uranium.they are weapons of mass destruction.should the rest of the world invade us as well?

i know full what our military uses, being former army ive fired, God i couldnt even cout, many of such rounds in my life.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This cannot be a serious topic... What are you trying to say? That Bush sent all of America into debt and it's sons and daughters to a thankless country to die for our freedoms and protections?!?! Seriously?!?! I cannot seriously believe that there is still ANYONE around that thinks the man is good, and even gives a shinola about them. I actually feel less safe after this fiasco... If you think that our safety and well being were behind the INVASION of a broken, yet sovereign nation then I think that you are deluded. Look at the results... we are hated around the globe, our economy is in shambles, oil (which they stated would pay for the war) is at an all time high, America is bleeding, and yet those who put us in this mess are the only ones on easy street. You should actually look at who is profitting from this mess... specifically corporations like the Carlyle Group and Halliburton. You might see what this war is actually about. I am guessing that you still believe that the price that we are paying as a society for this mess is acceptable... but hey, at least we did not see any attacks in the "shape of a mushroom cloud", as so boldly used in Bush's speech right before we invaded... and this is coming in the recent wake of Bush using his executive priveledge to protect Cheney and friends in the Plame case....

Seriously?!?! WTF?!?! I am dumbfounded that there are still people that think there is any credence to why we are there.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by unnamedninja

last I checked we were using white phosphorous in Iraq. Which is a horrible and disgusting chemical weapon!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It's moments like these that i wonder-

Last night i was hangin out at my friends house and we were all havin a drink, and then i start going off on my "Stupid conspiracies" about all the stuff i read on here and in the news and current events...ect. And one of the guys there said yeah i just recently, recent being past couple of years, truely know for my self there is alot a very currupt things going on in our government. He went on saying how his step dad is a United Nations emplyee. And even showed me some government pass for i don't know what, didn't really care. Regardless, according to him, The US did find WMDs and we were kind of put in a strangle hold for if they exposed them, the already in place WMDs here in America would of gone off, more likely Vegas would of gone up, for vegas represents a global agenda with the Icons the buildings resemble.

But i don't really believe the whole they got America, the strongest Nation on earth, to say, Okay okay we'll lie and save your ass, and turn our nation 69% against us igniting a economic collapse and even having a sewege plant named after me! No Big.

But it is interesting you would posts this after for the first time i heard about it was hours ago.

It seems that always happens, one person will tell you about a band, or a news, or something, and 3 other unrelated people will also tell you the same information.

There is more to this-

[edit on 18-7-2008 by Byrd]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
[Edited because it's probably better not to get into it]

[edit on 18-7-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join