It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7/15/08 Crop Glyph indicates Solar Event on Dec 21, 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by davidifty
I dont think I have seen a thread on this, but they (crop circles) always seem to pop up in Wiltshire UK.

Stonehenge is in Amesbury/Wiltshire.....can anyone explain the significance?

The whole point of circles is that they can be seen - so they're best produced in crop fields at the foot of an escarpment or relatively high hill - which is just what you get in Wiltshire (and which is why you don't get circles in the grain fields of East Anglia, where they'd not been readily seen). How many graffiti artists spray their 'tags' in spots none of their rivals will see?

The fact there are many stone circles etc around that area just adds to the 'otherworldly spookiness' of it all.

this goes into another bizzare and completely outstanding point...
many crop glyphs will be made on hills with a slant of a significant angle.
also, with many differences in area over the entire area.
yet when viewed from above, are completely symmetrical and geometrically refined.

we can make a "lets argue over the "authenticity" (whatever that means) .. of crop glyphs" thread..
so that we can bicker and demand that people convince us with concrete proof that would not only serve towards your confident and scrupulously skeptical mind, unable to deduct from facts,..
yet provide a revolution for the world..

the "yin yang" .. "in quotations" that i used.. wasn't necessarily to denote the exact "yin-yang" symbol of eastern tradition.
i was just using "yin yang" in quotes to kind of describe what the pattern in the sun looked like .. in order to point out what i was talking about.

there are stories of a "great serpent" coming from the sun cyclically in human history..
could this "great serpent" be a massive series of solar flares that occur at this date?
akin to an ionic discharge... ie: lightning.. but from a buildup between the sun and it's planets..

zap .. crackle....

pop.

-

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
someone commented that it could also represent 09/15 of this year

The planetary glyph depicted seems to show a date of approximately 15 September this year (2008). I arrived at this estimate using "Solar System Live" software freely available on the net. i tried many combinations and this date seemed to give the closest approximation. I used the "Real" Orbits attribute. You may want to try this yourself. Since I'm not an expert at astronomy, this estimate may not be valid, but I believe it is close. I'd be interested in finding out what the "experts" come up with.

Norberto Pellicci

i checked with my Celestia for 9/15/08 ...
it said this...

interesting alignment on that day... though not close to the 12/21/12 configuration.

-

[edit on 17-7-2008 by prevenge]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So the gist of the story is that someone who has an astronomy program found out the position of the planets on Dec. 20, 2012 and went into a field and made a crop circle with the same pictorial reference. For good measure they added the yin and yang in the middle. The "dot" near Neptune was probably a break in the field that was already there.

First you have to be able to prove that this wasn't created by man. Once you can do that you might have something.

I'm one of those who remain skeptical about anyone prophesying an exact future date of something. To date, I cannot recall anyone who has prophesied an exact future date for an event who has gotten it right.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Even the best hoaxers in the world have admitted that there are crop circles out there they have not made and no one has taken repsonsibility for.
they will admit when a circle would be extremely complex for men to make in one night.

AND, they also even have listed on their sites, very weird things that have happened to them while making their own circles.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
After having enjoyed pictures of the glyphs for years, it seems like the real ones are so different than the manmade. Almost like nature being perfect verses lanscaping by an amateur.

This one does appear to depict our solar system and how people came to the 2012 thing I do not really see.

The rings lead me to think about Sunspot 24 and the affected radiation area of its potential peak.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
OPster

cuz you know the facts!
you know that there are radioactive readings in the soil sampled from only 8 inches..(not 9 not 7) under the flattened area of these glyphs.

OP can you please post where you got the facts for this particular crop circle? I looked and couldn't find a reliable source. Some people believe what they want to believe. Some people believe facts. I'd just like to see your "facts" before I make a conclussion. Thank you in advance OP.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I'm one of those who remain skeptical about anyone prophesying an exact future date of something. To date, I cannot recall anyone who has prophesied an exact future date for an event who has gotten it right.

You should look up Edgar Cayce. I think he pin pointed the exact dates of WW1 and WW2? Remarkable really. If I recall correctly. I might be wrong

Sorry for off-topic post. Delete if this is inappropriate please, and again I apologize.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
even radiation could be faked, there's plenty of it around the world with the use of depleted uranium...

Okay, I'm not going to say that this circle is out and out genuine, but really? You think someone is going to be like "Ha, let me just get some of this uranium, which will probably kill me, out from an at least moderately secure facility, and then go plant it around a fake crop circle, THAT'LL show them!"

For what reason would someone risk their life to hoax a crop circle?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If that crop-glyph is suppose to represent the solar-system on a certain date, where is Eris? It is larger than Pluto, yet Pluto is included and Eris excluded.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It deals with the sun changing its position out into space.

Thats what I know about that.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

if i were made by aliens, they may not have the same requirements for what constitutes a planet as we do.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It's certainly not September this year, but the 21st December 2012 is very accurate.

People who believe extraterrestrials have nothing to do with crop circles are going to be in for a very big shock in the next few years.
When the "proof" is finally presented, they will be the ones jumping off buildings because their minds will refuse to accept reality.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
menguard, if it does have to do with the sun changing it's position in the solar system, then does it have to do with the shift?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
After having enjoyed pictures of the glyphs for years, it seems like the real ones are so different than the manmade. Almost like nature being perfect verses lanscaping by an amateur.

This one does appear to depict our solar system and how people came to the 2012 thing I do not really see.

The rings lead me to think about Sunspot 24 and the affected radiation area of its potential peak.

Correct, changing the positioning of the sun, is changing the energetic output of the sun.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SRTkid86
if i were made by aliens, they may not have the same requirements for what constitutes a planet as we do.

So, aliens would consider Pluto a planet and not Eris, despite it being larger than Pluto? That makes absolutely no sense. The reason Eris is excluded and Pluto included is probably because this was made by a local yokel, not an alien, with an outdated astronomy program that has yet to account for Eris.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

No, they would see a planet as a storehouse of information.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

well you see, that isn't something you know, IF they were aliens they would be a totally different race from us, and would look at things totally different.

im not going to aruge this with you, you have proven to me in other threads you are closed minded, and only want to believe what fits your little pre-determined world.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The reason Eris is excluded and Pluto included is probably because this was made by a local yokel, not an alien, with an outdated astronomy program that has yet to account for Eris.

Can someone please show me a video of a "local yocal" making a crop circle? and one at the advanced level?

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
If that crop-glyph is suppose to represent the solar-system on a certain date, where is Eris? It is larger than Pluto, yet Pluto is included and Eris excluded.

It may be just to show us a specific point in time. And Eris is that far away the paddock probably wasn't big enough to put it there.

By the way, I think it is pretty obvious that the crop image does represent the solar system, and a specific date.

[edit on 17/7/08 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eviant

For what reason did the US invade Iraq? I don't pretend to know the answers to anything, only that in this world a lot of things are not what they seem. I am very skeptical of prophets and anything that atempts to address the mass consciousness of mankind because historical precedence shows that there is a very high chance of it being an attempt at control, a powerplay.

As for the actual radiation thing, it could be done by someone with connections in a hazzmat suit. Or they could just lie about the readings and supress the debunkers. Who knows. My core point is crop circles are flaky evidence.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join