It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking law, Bush Administration fails to declassify 30-year-old files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Breaking law, Bush Administration fails to declassify 30-year-old files

rawstory.com

Thirty years.

That's how long it's taken the State Department to publish an accounting of US foreign relations. And they're not even done -- the Department is again going to miss a mandatory three-decade legal deadline to publish an accounting of its foreign relations activities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.fas.org

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
They are not worried about following the laws, when did they ever. It seems as though mandates are not on their priority. I know this might not be important for some, but the underlying fact is that they don't follow any rules.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You can blame the Bush administration for many things that are real, alleged, and downright false. But this ain't one of them.

This has gone on for years and all agencies just blow these deadlines off. There are still classified military secrets from the WW2 era. Even Government owned patents from the 1920's if a person would look at some interesting stuff in cryptography.

The secrecy of government documents went exponential with Roosevelt and all later presidents.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
And this proves what? The Clinton's won't allow their files to be made public either...give us all a break with the political one-sidedness!

Group Files Suit Over Release of Clinton Records

With the return of the Clintons, so too comes the return of the Clinton-watchers -- in particular Judicial Watch, the oversight group that has made badgering the couple one if its central badges of honor.

Judicial Watch has filed suit in federal court to require the National Archives to release thousands of pages of papers from Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's years as First Lady. The group had filed a Freedom of Information request in 2006, and so far the archives has failed to respond to the request, Judicial Watch said. The organization has asked for records that include Clinton's telephone logs and daily schedules.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

blog.washingtonpost.com...

Clinton Library Releases Files On UFOs

Under fire for its sluggish processing of files from President Clinton's White House, the National Archives released files and photographs yesterday responding to 14 Freedom of Information Act requests from members of the public.

The records appear unlikely to contain any political bombshells, though there could be fodder for the tabloids. Many of the requests sought information about the Clinton White House's records on unidentified flying objects or UFOs.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.nysun.com...

This only proves that politicians of ANY flavor, do not want ANY files released...hardly the smoking gun OP

[edit on 15-7-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

I was relaying a message, I didn't say Bush in my opinion. Simply passing on news that someone maybe wanted to hear about. Also, I have to copy the exact headline in my news submissions...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
im sick of all the lame excuses around here. The typical response, even on ATS has been diminished to "well, that other guy did it, so who cares?"

I'm not naive either, I realize that declassifying records in the government/military typically involves a paper shredder, and various official seals/documents from moving the declassified information from the file cabinets, to the shredders, to the incinerators.

I'm going to go crawl back under my rock now,and hope the shadows on the cave wall will eventually be eradicated by light.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
What is the point of laws and all these things when nobody follows them? When is one law upheld and followed through and when is it not? If many Presidents have not managed to release information... who made the laws and decided what was to be done about it when it was not complied with?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
the point of the laws are to get someone into a corner. No, the laws don't apply to those who make them, or those who are in power - but the same laws are what give them that power over others.

That's how it's supposed to work.

new topics

top topics

join