It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US told to pull out of Iraq by Nouri Al-Maliki

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

US told to pull out of Iraq by Nouri Al-Maliki

www.antiwar.com

Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's demand for a timetable for complete US military withdrawal from Iraq, confirmed Tuesday by his national security adviser Mowaffak al-Rubaie, has signaled the almost certain defeat of the George W. Bush administration's aim of establishing a long-term military presence in the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Sorry if this is being discussed anywhere else I couldnt find it.

Soooo.. apparently the Iraqi president has asked for a timetable for the full withdrawl of the American army. What if perhaps this is all orchestrated to free up the soldiers stationed there for the "Main Event"

Sure I'm happy that Iraq have told the Bush administration where to go but somehow I feel that this is still all part of the plan.

Any thoughts?

www.antiwar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
wow this is awesome...if i recall correctly, I think Bush said he would pull out if the Iraqi government said they didn't need us anymore. Maybe none of this would have happened if Prescott Bush pulled out about 70 years ago

all jokes aside I really hope Bush sticks to his word but somehow i don't see that happening.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Haha yeah for some reason I think Bushy and Co will leave enough of a remnance there to oversee the pilaging of the Oil Fields.

I really do think this is a blow to Bush. Basically his false promises and lack of support for rebuilding the country and I guess the Iraqi's realization that Bush dont really care about the people there have ultimately shown the world how much USA shanked this one. Nice work Dubya!

Bush could probably use his tied down unappreciated forces somewhere else in the region... Care to guess where? haha

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Yeah Iran said war with them was a joke las week and it could never happen. But now if we are forced to pull out of Iraq we are going to have a bunch of soldiers with nothing to do.

Uh-Oh.

This is an extremely important story IMO and I'd like to see how the good ol MSM handles this today. My prediction..we won't hear one word of it and Bush will say Iraq still needs us and they can't do it on their own.

Now you have the "terrorists" and the Iraqi government that Bush set up saying GET OUT! What can he possibly do now.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Yeah I think if the MSM do cover it they will paint it as Al-Maliki saying thankyou we dont need ya anymore cheers and all mission accomplished.

If Dubya does propose a pull out date I think we can use that date as a benchmark for predicting a false flag to keep the boys there and then SMASH BOOM BANG "TAKE THAT EERAN"

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Oh yummy...

Has the Iraqi government woken up to the mess they will be in if USA teams up with Israel against Iran?

Has Iraq realised they have been used all along?

Has Iraq got ATS as their web browsers home page?

How many people in Iraq woke up to realise all was not well in the camp and decided to get rid of the REAL problem.

Is this just a decoy?

Is Iraq sick and tired of losing its citizens in this never ending farce on terror?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Looks that way huh.. I just hope they arnt being used in the grander scheme of things. I mean Bush has already screwed them over and I hope they have enough of a government to look after themselves and deter Iran and other wanna be rulers.

Cool Avatar by the way Extralien

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This is all just part of the plan. The oil contracts are signed, time to go on to bigger and better things.

Iraqi Oil Contracts

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Oh my GOD! This is just wrong... the same companies that have been making record profits and driving prices through the roof are the ones that are securing oil contracts in Iraq!

This makes me FURIOUS! We havent been paying for fuel we've been helping these mongrels fill their piggy banks so they could win a bidding war for Iraqi oil.

Cheers for that link, I agree with you on bigger and better things.

Question: Whats better than oil?

Answer: More OIL! YEEEHAAAAW

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
President Bush is holding a televised press conference at 1020 Eastern time.
(As per Drudge.)

I wonder how many subjects he'll talk about.

The Iraq withdrawal and drilling for oil is my guess.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It is very interesting but I think Bush tabled any discussion of a withdrawal until the next Presidential term. This after previously stating we would leave when the Iraqi's wanted us to leave.

He's just making it up as he goes along because he has the mentality of an eight year old.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

Awesum looks like we should get some sorta coverage on this. If any happens across news on the withdrawl timetable would be appreciated if you could post it up in here.

Bedtime for me will get back to it in the morning

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
so iraq wants them to leave - US says no

then what?

new iraq army fights US army again?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
Yeah Iran said war with them was a joke las week and it could never happen. But now if we are forced to pull out of Iraq we are going to have a bunch of soldiers with nothing to do.

We are not Rome, and they are not the Roman Legion. I am sure that our soldiers will find something to do when they return from war. Be parents, be citizens....

Regarding the OP...didn't we hear something similar to this recently from Al Maliki? The agreed upon strategy was that they would stand up while we stand down. I believe we are still waiting for them to stand up.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I was thinking the very same thing If Bush said kiss my a** then what can Iraq do about it NOT a dam thing YOu will have the world saying get out But it's like talking to Robert Mugabe

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
lets consider the source, shall we? "Antiwar.com"
No more need be said.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

We are not Rome, and they are not the Roman Legion. I am sure that our soldiers will find something to do when they return from war. Be parents, be citizens....

I completely agree with that and I have a bunch of friends in the military who would love to come home and be parents.

I was referring to the fact that the current administration views our soldiers as expendable resources instead of people. Some people are on their fifth and sixth tours and being stop-lossed because we don't have enough troops.

Once the Iraq war ends the military industrial complex will keep on feeding on the middle and lower class people. Believe it.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I completely agree with that and I have a bunch of friends in the military who would love to come home and be parents.

I was referring to the fact that the current administration views our soldiers as expendable resources instead of people. Some people are on their fifth and sixth tours and being stop-lossed because we don't have enough troops.

Once the Iraq war ends the military industrial complex will keep on feeding on the middle and lower class people. Believe it.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

more than likely, yes. but with a much scaled down staffing. We will continue to do police actions and such. but i think that right now our nation is war weary enough to not want to put up with much without direct provocation. I also feel that the frustration level is high enough that we would over react to any provocation, possibly creating a horrendous outcome. We all saw shock and awe. That was quite some time ago. Use your imagination, but combined with that "9-11 feeling" we had as a nation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join