It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Mason

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
No, the science about the planetary bodies and its influence of the earth..

Oh, you mean astronomy. I love astronomy, although sadly, it is not my forte. I wish it were, though

For someone like yourself living in Gods Kingdom,

No, I don't believe in God as there is insufficient evidence (ie: none) to suggest such a being exists.

Do you think its possible to see even realize the ways of Entomology or Botany?

Sure, why not? Both are very valid and very prolific sciences. But I'm not sure what you're getting at, as astrology (a made up non-science) and astronomy (a very real and tangible science) don't have anything to do with entomology or botany. Please explain.

Or am i wrong Mr. Noonebutme?

Yes, I believe so.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Do you know the real story behind the snake and the egg, snake and the tree of knowledge?

Apparently not.

Or do you walk blind in faith?

Neither that as well - I don't have faith. Faith is belief in something without evidence. My brain doesn't work that way.

Maybe the reason you became a Freemason was to be a good man?

Spot on. And for the camaraderie and fraternity of like minded, charitable people. Plus the bar is subsidise, so it's also a nice escape from having to watch sh*t telly with the missus on Mon & Wed eves

Most of the Freemasons ive seen lost their soul in search for a deeper meaning?

Really? Name 5.

Freemasonry offers many things, so when i asked about astrology i was sincere..

I don't doubt that you are. But don't think for a minute that the rituals and stories I practice and read from my masonic books is something I take *literally*. It's allegory, metaphors. I don't take it as a 100% account of historical truth. To me, that's not what it's all about. Theres more to it than that, at least to me there is. (shrug)

EDIT: bad = bar. Damn typos...
edit on 12-10-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
No, I don't believe in God as there is insufficient evidence (ie: none) to suggest such a being exists.

Large tremulous gasp here.

How...how did you EVER get past the bit where you believe in a Supreme Being?

Better not let the local lodge see this one.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
How can masonry be insulated? Should I Furr out inside the building and have insulation placed between the furring strips, under the drywall, or should I concentrate on filling the block cavity? How about placing insulation on the outside of the masonry wall, maybe a liquid foam that can be injected into the cavity of the walls?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

I prefer ICFs. My next home, if there is one, will likely be 8" ICF. I do like poured concrete. The more, the better.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I know you dont believe in kingship nor priesthood, the philosophy freemasonry practices is Vedic in nature / Buddhism to be more precise.
Do you live in society Mr. Noonebutme? Do you vote? Do you visit a medical center when you are sick? Do you buy the food at the local market? Did you buy your car? Did you buy your house?

Society offers many things, these privileges are offered by either an institution or granted by someone..

I know people who paint Mandalas their whole life, but never learned how they actually were created..

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I don't doubt that you are. But don't think for a minute that the rituals and stories I practice and read from my masonic books is something I take *literally*. It's allegory, metaphors. I don't take it as a 100% account of historical truth. To me, that's not what it's all about. Theres more to it than that, at least to me there is

Most of the religious stories, even myths and legends are allegorical in nature.. Doesnt mean there isnt a underlying message beneath? Even Freemasonry art and symbolism is allegorical in nature, the beauty of creation is to really see it with your own eyes without human hands interfering..

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

What is the Temple of Hercules?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

A building in Rome, old temples for $400.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

It has no significance to masonry?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Good point. I've mentioned this previously but, over here in the UK, religion, God and the like are not terribly popular anymore. Of course some people are very much believers, but a great many are not.

Most (actually all) my lodge members are not religious. But my argument was (is) that I believe in life and energy, both of which are eternal and whatever happens after the physical, some part of you returns to that 'energy'.

For me, that is my supreme being or, in the more traditional sense, a power greater than myself.

I do wonder how Masonry will deal with changes in perception to faith and if the majority become non-believers, will Masonry 'adapt' to allow new members to fill their ranks? I suspect, over time, yes. But just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Most of the religious stories, even myths and legends are allegorical in nature.. Doesnt mean there isnt a underlying message beneath?

At which point did I say otherwise?

allegory
ˈalɪɡ(ə)ri/
noun
a story, poem, or picture which can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning, typically a moral or political one.

metaphor
ˈmɛtəfə,-fɔː
noun
- a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
- a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else.

What part of those words did you not understand?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

So you are blind in faith ? Interesting.. How long have you been a freemason?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Do you live in society Mr. Noonebutme? Do you vote? Do you visit a medical center when you are sick? Do you buy the food at the local market? Did you buy your car? Did you buy your house?

Yes.

Society offers many things, these privileges are offered by either an institution or granted by someone.

And...?

I know people who paint Mandalas their whole life, but never learned how they actually were created..

Maybe something is getting lost in your translations, but what are you talking about?? You're just rambling.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

It has no significance to masonry?

That's not what you asked.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I meant allegorical, if i draw a sun with sparkling rays while being isolated in a room without any light.. I dont have to use words to portray it allegorical..

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

What significance does The temple of Hercules have to freemasonry?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

No, nothing is getting lost.. Im wondering where you are at your journey..

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

So you are blind in faith ? Interesting.. How long have you been a freemason?

Not that long. About 5 years or there about. But again, religious faith is not something I profess to uphold. Religious discussion is forbidden within the lodge as well, so it doesn't matter what you believe, so long as your "belief" is in something greater than yourself.

As I said, I use that liberally to apply to my Masonic career. I could have said I believed in Zeus, or Apollo, or Ra, or whichever made up human deity - it wouldn't change how I approach Masonry, how I love participating in the rituals, having a laugh with my fellow brothers at LOI, the festive boards or the charity we perform.

Those are what matter to me. I know some Masons might frown upon that, but I love being in the fraternity and helping others -- I'm not sure what more I could do to demonstrate that religious faith is not needed for me.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I'm at the point where trying to balance, home work and masonry (both craft and royal arch) is often very tricky. But thankfully, my brothers all know it goes, 1) Family, 2) Work, 3) Freemasonry. So, I'm at my leisure to enjoy and pursue my masonic career however it suits me.

new topics

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join