It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Mason

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
How did you know you were ready to join? What was the defining moment in your research that allowed you to move past the denial and into acceptance ?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
a reply to: Patrycjusz

Well, on the plane of pure essences where Masons reside, Sirians maintain the shrubbery. Sometimes they do our accounting.

fhtagn,
Tom Sothoth

Yes... very amusing... there's nothing as brisk and refreshing as a reply full of mockery... overflowing with ignorance. I almost regret that it was so brief.

Anyway my question regarding Sirius and Sirians still stands.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ExternalForces
That's something each person has to answer for themselves. When I was petitioning and going through the degrees, it just felt right.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

Say it "felt right", I don't have the money to pay fees. Yet, I am very interested in learning the ways of a mason. What then must I do? I don't think my skills are worthy of a 9-5.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExternalForces
Say it "felt right", I don't have the money to pay fees.

If you cannot afford the nominal initiation fees, $150-300 depending on the lodge, and annual dues, which are usually around $100 then you have larger problems than joining Masonry.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Patrycjusz

originally posted by: Bedlam
a reply to: Patrycjusz

Well, on the plane of pure essences where Masons reside, Sirians maintain the shrubbery. Sometimes they do our accounting.

fhtagn,
Tom Sothoth

Yes... very amusing... there's nothing as brisk and refreshing as a reply full of mockery... overflowing with ignorance. I almost regret that it was so brief.

Anyway my question regarding Sirius and Sirians still stands.

What makes you think Sirius is a factor in Freemasonry?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm a college student that lives on his own. Who's parents don't help when asked. I've found my way in life this far and still continuing the journey. I don't apply myself in places I deem unnecessary. So, if you consider that a "problem", so be it. You aren't the people I thought you were.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I don't apply myself in places I deem unnecessary.

The only time we waive the fees for a member is if they are truly unable to work, e.g. wounded veteran.

You fall under that category or something similar?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

That's sensitive information.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

That's sensitive information.

You got your answer.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Far from it, but ok.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

The total investment to become a Freemason is about $300 for the first year, and about $100 each year after that.

If you wish to become a member of a group that meets in a building and provides things like reading material, and tools to work with, those things aren't free.

If you cannot afford the money that would take, you should spend your time trying to solidify your financial position. If you wish to learn what masonry is about, wait until it won't be such a financial burden.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Far from it, but ok.

Your purposeful crypticness does not help the situation. You were given parameters. Unless you are truly unable to wrk you need to pay the fees, just like everyone else.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The dues is a responsibility required to join.

I understand the challenges of college life, but dues are required.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Fine. Until then I'll keep researching.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
One last question. Would you deem it appropriate to continue a college education if you were considering about becoming a Mason?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

One last question. Would you deem it appropriate to continue a college education if you were considering about becoming a Mason?

A college education has no bearing on being initiated.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Thank you for answering my questions, sir.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
What makes you think Sirius is a factor in Freemasonry?

You mean "know" not "think". Because of Masonic rituals which focus that planet. Such insignificant information was mentioned even on a certain documentary, but I can't find it on YouTube. Anyway it's especially important when Sirius is aligned with the Sun and Earth. I'm not really going to get in to any debates when it comes to even the slightest questioning of this subject. I'm asking a direct question and I want to get a direct and truthful answer and nothing else. Don't get this sidetracked. It's not gonna work.

Still I'm not excepting an answer, but I have a pretty good idea why you revere Sirians and their planet. They are partially our ancestors. Besides you'd have to be near the top of the food chain (metaphorically speaking) to learn and understand certain things. Most Masons don't get past learning about the power of the Sun.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Dear Mr masons.
Do you need a Butler for your secret meetings?.
Im British and can obviously butler very well.
Signed gnugent (mrs).
edit on 4-7-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join