It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groom Lake photographs from 06/30/2008

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by miguelbmx

For maybe the last 3 yeasr I use a Takahasi FS78 refractor, unfortunately no longer in production. It is just right for the job. I'm using Fuji Astia 100F, which is why eventually you see grain rather than clumps. At this point digital is as good as film, so I'll probably go DSLR soon.

You can tell panoramas that are done with reflector telescopes. There is a tell tale falloff of light and sharpness at the edges. You get this with a refractor as well, but to a much smaller degree. If I think the viewing conditions were good, I'll take the extra step to "field flatten" each frame in photoshop.

I have a tips page in the works.
www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
thanks I'm gonna do some research on those.
i wonder what the new tower is for.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

Ah, 50 more downloads served since your last bitch session.

I gave you a link for a java jp2000. If it is beyond you, well, you must be a mac user. Their moto is "do less".

I have plenty of space left on the website to upload an inferior jpeg, but choose not to since I provided a jpeg2000 image.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Hi Gariac,

Great pics, thanks for posting them and keep them coming please.

I can totally understand why Mr Mac User/Chip on the Shoulder about all PC users, would be miffed that you;
dragged yourself out of bed, drove into the middle of nowhere, hiked up a mountain, set up thousands of dollars worth of kit, waited all night in the cold, took some extremely difficult shots, hiked back down, drove home, post-produced them, uploaded them, hosted them and posted them on here.....but then didn't think about the 3 percent of Mac users until after they complained and only then did you find them a solution...how dare you! LOL

I can't believe the cheek....bloomin mac using hippy! :-) Hahah to be fair, I use a Mac as well as a PC....so I guess that makes me one too! :-)

Well done Gariac, great work and thanks from the other more respectful ATS members!

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Please, be civil to one another and on topic.

Thank You.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

Ah, 50 more downloads served since your last bitch session.

Right. Manners and decorum? Got it. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join