It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 billion to die (within next 12 months)!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
I predict that this, like all the rest of the predictions here on ATS will also not come to pass. And why are all the predictions all doom and gloom? you never hear of any like "I predict that the world will live in peace and discover the secrets of the universe in the next 12 months and everyone will be happy"

Heh. If we weren't being led by the nose to slaughter, I suppose I might predict something like that. But...

Things are VERY bad right now and getting worse. Why would anyone look out and, seeing FEMA coffins, FEMA prison camps, thousands of FEMA rail cars with shackles, RFID chips, Monsanto seed grabs, totally illogical court rulings (Monsanto was the injured party when their pollen infected an organic farmer's fields!), saber rattling with Iran, "Patriot Acts, loss of posse comitatus (sp?), genmod "food," Codex Alimentarius, and on and on?

So if you take a look at reality, why would you wonder why no one makes sunshine and butterflies predictions?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Not this Irving crap again!!

His time lines are so blurred and inconclusive.

On a darker note...two billion people gone would solve alot of problems for every country in the world...less people = more resources for the ones that are still alive.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Self fullfilling prophecies.

Religions make the best of Wars, hunger, orphans, and the ills of man in general. Without it they would be less not more.

In the olden days shortly after the darkages, and up untill the 1800's religion was content to drive home fire and brimestone, that kept the congregation strong and in attendence, now people need a new story, a better horror if you will to sate their desire for a higher power to deliver them and save their souls.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Another scare monger. How quaint.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Sunshine and Butterflys don't lead,it has to bleed to lead.Hay wait! what happen to San Diego and the devastation there on the 8th??? Oh.. another no show,you just can't count on a GOOOOOOD disaster anymore.Don't give up,one will come along,but I bet no one predicts it tell it has happened.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Some say the mark of the beast were brandings of slaves done by the Roman Empire.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

I dont understand how anyone can consider it crap.

- we can indeed kill this many people, rather easily and quickly.
- Russia is threatening to go to war (or some kind of responce)
over Iran now.

Sure its opinion, but saying its "crap" is just shortsighted. Because we could all die tomorrow, easily too.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
ehh... If it does happen more than likely someone with that time line altering technology will come along and just change things.

If you listen to Dan Burish he's talked about that timeline where billions will die. He says we are not on that timeline anymore.
hope he's right.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yeah, it's called World War Z!!!

the zombie war. 1/3 dead-dead (zombie chow, but never change), 1/3 living-dead, 1/3 survive to fight the war......

read the book by max brooks. best zombie book ever written. will be the coolest movie too. that is if we make it that far?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yet another date, Yet another timeline, Yet another Bible babbling. Hmmm. Here we hoe again

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Yay! More fear!

*grumbles*

We're all going to die anyway, somehow, someday. That's life.

But come on... if chicken little won't shut up, that doesn't mean we need to listen to him ramble on and on about the sky falling.

Stop living in fear and get out there and do stuff!

Things crawl in the darkness
That imagination spins
Needles at your nerve ends
Crawl like spiders on your skin

Pounding in your temples
And a surge of adrenaline
Every muscle tense to fence the enemy within

I'm not giving in to security under pressure
I'm not missing out on the promise of adventure
I'm not giving up on implausible dreams
Experience to extremes
Experience to extremes...

Suspicious-looking stranger
Flashes you a dangerous grin
Shadows across your window...
Was it only trees in the wind?

Every breath a static charge,
A tongue that tastes like tin
Steely-eyed outside to hide the enemy within

To you, is it movement or is it action?
Is it contact or just reaction?
And you...revolution or just resistance?
Is it living, or just existence?
Yeah, you! It takes a little more persistence
To get up and go the distance

The Enemy Within

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Prophecy from the Bible, again?

There was a thread 2 days ago saying that according to the Bible everyone in California would die on the 8th of July, which didn't happen.

The Bible says this, the Bible says that. What about people of other religions and people who don't believe in the Bible.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Z.S.P.V.G.

I have the audio book, for my ipod.

Its a great listen.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
As an atheist I firmly believe that any doomday prophecy that comes true will be a self-fulfilling one.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Great California pulls through yesterday just to have the next worlds going to end thread up right after. Well see you guys in 12 months

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666
(Rev. 13:16-18)

It looks like it's a symbol of some sort that pledges loyalty to this beast. They'll try to institute a "gotcha" scenario by refusing to sell you food or other necessities unless you commit and prove your're a loyalist to this beast (leader). In my opinion it has nothing to do with a specific day of the week. It's merely a pledge of loyalty to this individual/system.

Actually, this quote is not technically correct.

The original entry in the bible does NOT state "666" - it says, "six hundred, three score and six" - which we mere mortals automatically assume is 666. And why not!

But, there was an interesting interpretation on this floating around in the 1980s, which chose to read it as:
600 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 6
= 6002020206
= 6,002,020,206
which was figured to be the global human population sometime towards the end of the 20th century.

The thinking here was that this would be the population of mankind 'when it happens'.
Obviously at this point I assume we have gone past 6 billion, so this interpretation would only come true now, if we had a significant population reduction.

Duncan

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
His time-line may have been off but that doesnt mean it wont happen.
He says 2 billion dead and then 3 and a half years till the end of the war.

I dont just look at these videos and make a conclusion. I look at other things and try to piece the puzzle together. Now lets assume that 2012 is the beggining of the end or what ever it may be. The 2 billion dead still has time to happen. we still have about 1 year to see. If we do go to war against iran and just one nuke is dropped, Then china gets involved.My opinion is and has been that china is the real target and if this is the case 2 billion dead is not so hard to imagine.

I fully understand why most people dismiss all these prophecies and predictions. We here so much that doesnt come true that it is hard to see the truth. Just look at u.f.o pics and accounts. So much false that it is hard to see whats real. My question is, If you dont believe in these things and only input things like this is such bull and why do we gave to hear this again, then why even post at all. Maybe try to counter with some facts that show it to be false.

There is plenty of info out there to show this could happen and nothing out there to counter it except people yelling hoax or total bunk. It seems to be common practice in all threads and all over the internet. In my opinion most people are threatened by beliefs that dont fit what they see and they are not willing to change there mind no matter what evidence is presented.

You have to sort through the garbage out there to find the good stuff. The question is can you tell what the good stuff is or is it all just gargage in your eyes. My final word on this whole 2012, world war 3, And all other discussions on this matter is... You can sit back and do nothing and wait and see, or you can prepare and still wait and see. If it doesnt happen then thats great. But if it does happen and you didnt prepare, Than you will be wishing you would have done something more.

This is a very complex subject with much more to it then just this one post. So yes, you will see many people telling different views and you will just see it as more crap. Its a good thing that people dont give up on there beliefs or views.

Ok, im done. I could keep talking but i think ive said enough.

Good luck to all
Russ1969

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Oh, haay, some whacked-out Bible-prophecy-er says it's going to happen, so why not just hop on board?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Hi there, everybody...

I have my own prediction...I predict EVERYONE, all 6 BILLION of us are going to die. That's right...you heard it here first...we're all doomed. Not one of us is going to escape. You, you, you, AND you are toast! Of course, it's probably not going to be this week, this month, this year, or even this decade, hopefully. But, I do promise you that your days are counting down! So...BEWARE! REPENT! Call your grandmother and compliment her muffins like you always meant to! Wait...what's that? You can't call her because she's dead? OH NO! It's started already! She must have been the first to go! Oh, you say she died in the 60's? False alarm, then, I guess...but her muffins did kick ass.

I really don't care if CNN tells me that the Great Grand Fraggle himself is flying down from Mt. Sinai in a helicopter made of broccoli with a well-stirred gin and tonic in one hand and a ray gun shooting death beams in the other. It's all a bunch of utter nonsense. How many of these people have claimed the "end is nigh" before? I don't know the exact number, but it bet it's more than the number of toes I have.

I propose that nations of the world levy a tax...when you make a predicition about the "coming" of whomever, or that the "tribulations" are about to start, or that "the correct seal has been broken and now trumpets are going to replace the ring-tone on your cell phone which will mean that, at any moment, your eyeballs are going to turn into melting Jell-O pudding pops and slide out of your face leaving two big holes from which your brain will leak causing you to DIE, DIE, DIE until you are DEAD, DEAD, DEAD"...when you say garbage like this and it doesn't happen, you have to pay a percentage to everyone who didn't end up like a chocolate bar that's been sitting in the direct sunlight for three days. We can pro-rate the charge if necessary...

Each and every person who says this crap out loud or who believes it have two things in common...1.) They're wrong, because I'm here to be writing this right now, so I guess 100% of past doomsday predictions have fizzled and 2.) they really WANT it to happen. If you ask me, that's pretty sick. Here's a suggestion, if you think tomorrow's the end of the world, then go sit somewhere with your end-of-the-world suit on, but give me your bank account number right now. Heck...if you believe it so desperately, what need have you of mere mortal sheckles?

That point makes me ask this question...do you think that the leaders of congregations who champion this nonsense have paid their bills? What's a bad credit rating or even repossesion in the face of the Rapture? Hell, why even go to the dentist? There are NO cavities in heaven; we all know that.

I'm going to look up at the sky tomorrow and for every day over the next 12 months. I'm not going to be looking for flaming spitwads of death careening down from Planet X or heaven or Starbuck's or wherever. I'm going to enjoy the sun on my face, the sound of my friends' voice, the kiss of my wife. Why? Simple...because life truly is short, and I might be dead tomorrow; not because of the apocolypse but because it just happens...and I don't want to miss a moment. These "prophets" don't deserve your praise (or your prose)...just your pity. Now go be happy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join