It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell Rock

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Bump for seeing this on Georgio's new show.

I think it is a hoax, but its a clever one! The thing bothering me is, with the bit of press this rock as gotten, why can't I find others the same online? Surely if he bought it at a gift shop, someone would have posted theirs by now, right?

Of course, he could have had it made personally.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I was convinced by the sandblasting technique.

Here's one someone made earlier.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OEAOHOO
I saw Giorgio Tsoukalos (the "Hair Guy") yesterday on IN SEARCH OF ALIENS having fun with the "Roswell Rock" as it was put through the various tests. He believes the rock just has to have an extraterrestrial origin.

I think that the rock is just a normal earth rock, beautifully enhanced with tools by either the finder or an unknown person to fool the easily fooled Giorgio and anyone else who fails to use logic, common sense and reason.

What gives the hoax away is its alleged connection to Roswell as in Roswell UFO crash. No UFO crashed near Roswell. If the truth is ever accepted about the balloon train that came apart in that area, the Roswell Rock myth will disappear along with Adamski's claims. Oh, yeah, and Hoagland's!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Who would have thought that with resources of a race that is capable of traveling between galaxies, they still use pretty big and unconvinient rocks for ignition keys, navigation or w/e

Did we transmit Flintstones into space?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I saw In Search of Aliens, and what really bothered me was the fact that producers only gave the sandblasters 30 minutes to try to replicate the rock-(the sandblasters commented on that, don't think they were too happy.) I'm just not buying it.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: iknowyou

This is a hoax to be sure but if they made this as a car key I would buy it.

You know, like the kind some cars have where you don't even have to put the key in the ignition, the key can be in your pocket.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I just was watching "Ancient Aliens" and this rock was featured. In less than 60 seconds I was able to find a replica that is magnetic and spins. Honestly, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. If you have a few hundred bucks, you too can own your own "Roswell Rock"

Pretty Good Replica

They'll even throw in a free magnet!

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I just watched the show and is this the only thread on the Roswell Rock? I don't see it being debunked nor proven to be of extra terrestrial origin. Giorgio thought the rock to possibly be ancient rather than from the Roswell UFO craft. The front page on your link says:

A variety of stone carvings inspired by the Roswell Rock mystery, which means yes, they all do the spinning thing.

Everything in the store is handcrafted by Glasstone. The neodymiums I’m using are from my favorite little magnet shop NorthWest Magnet Inc. in Portland.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

ADDENDUM: 8/27/14 I received this note and these 2 photos from John regarding an engraved rock that he purchased in 1998, in Roswell, at the “Alien Encounter 98″ festival. The company’s name was MLennium Productions. “The (Mlennium’s business) card has the copyright date of 1998 on it. They sold “Crop Circle Stones” with a Trademark logo following (TM). Their listed phone number, 888-818-8248, appears to be out of service and I cannot find a listing for them on the Internet. It has been 16 years now, so not unreasonable to assume they went out of business.”
Richard…here are a couple of quick snaps showing the rock I purchased from the company whose info I left on your website in the reply section.

There were other crop circle designs in higher relief, btake a snap of the company’s little folder that accompanied the rock when I feel better. As I said the pertinent information from the folder I already posted on your website in the reply section.
My wife has also asked our friend in NY to provide a photo of his stone if he can find it.
If you watched the show about the rock you know that a man was able, in only 30 minutes time, to create an exact replica of the “Roswell Rock” and stated he could have done much better given a bit more time. There’s nothing exotic or alien about the carving technique on this rock.
All best,
John

cropcirclesresearchfoundation.org...

Anything George says you can put in the fairy tale files

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I saw Giorgio Tsoukalos do a piece on the rock on his show "In Search of Aliens". The owner even let him excise a small sample for analysis.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I think we should heat the rock and see what happens

top topics

<< 1   >>

join