It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell Rock

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
A rock has been found near the Roswell crash site inscribed with glyphs and appears to be magnetized. Interesting.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

This strange rock found near Roswell by a local businessman — inscribed with what appears to be “crop circles” or some intergalactic message — has stimulated a huge amount interest, as experts probe its origins and any message it may bear. (Courtesy Photo)

www.roswell-record.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
If it's real, that's amazing. Wonder what "phase 2" of their testing will say about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OEAOHOO

That was a very interesting, thanks for the read

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by happysquirts

I'd imagine the tests would be to analyze molecular composition, Carbon dating, tests for radio-activity, soil analysis.ie.whether the rock's from the place it's purported to have been found in..etc

The magnetic properties suggest iron content for a start.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Interesting... except

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Roswell... Business Man finds Rock.... Money Making scheme??????

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandals24

Yeah for sure, apart from the obvious claims, there's a credibility gap there

Huge cash cow either way...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Thanks for the post. Great information. I will be following this story to see where it leads. star and flag.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwatcher1
Thanks for the post. Great information. I will be following this story to see where it leads. star and flag.

It leads to Liddington Castle, Wiltshire, England, August, 1996 ---------------

---------------------------------------------->>

I think NASA will confiscate the rock and hide it in Hangar 18. Maybe they ship it to Area 51 first to see if it matches the markings and those captured UFOs.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Stander,
Thanks for the side by side photo lineup, that is all it took to scream hoax for me. I bet the finder has travelled to Marry ole England and bought the rock. I speculate that the rock is a replica of the crop hoax. Indeed, thanks for that.
Vance

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Thanks for the side by side photo lineup, that is all it took to scream hoax for me.

Thanks for the vote of sanity vance. It's obviously a hoax. You know how many people have been out to the Roswell site since 1947?? They have literally dug with backhoes all around there. But suddenly a magical rock was found by a local "businessman." Yeah.... businessman being the key word.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
if i could take a crap, stamp it with a babies hand and claim it's alien turd to make millions of dollars... or even a couple hundred bucks... i'd do it.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

Well, it doesn't appear that it was the ignition key to the antigravity engine . . .

That hunter said that he had found the stone in the woods back in 2004. For some reason, with the 61th anniversary of the legendary flying saucer crash in Roswell approaching, he somewhat felt compelled to contact the local media. The article with the pic of the scored pebble appeared on July 9, just one day and 61 years after the famous headline announcing that US Air Force recovered a crashed flying saucer.

Since no other media picked the story up, it is heading for the toilet.

Rule of thumb: Anyone who comes across an item that appears to be not of this earth would be keen on contacting the folks who have been trying to prove that aliens are around here aplenty and sell the item to them. In turn, those folks will sell the item to the interested public by writing about it. It's the UFO commerce that is a good yardstick to measure the hoax/real stuff.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by vance
reply to post by stander

Stander,
Thanks for the side by side photo lineup, that is all it took to scream hoax for me. Vance

It certainly looks like a very ordinary pipestone carving to me. I'm sure that carvers use crop circle designs for inspiration. That and astrological and religious symbols. You can easily get nice detail using the simplest penknife with pipestone. I am doubtful about the other claims.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I suspect that there is a money making plot at work here. I am a UK crop circle researcher and have established that the Liddington Castle crop design, which I researched personally in 1996, was man made. Therefore it makes it even more unlikely that the stone is anything else than a 'businessman’s' opportunity to cash in on two mysteries and no better place than Roswell. UFO and Crop Circles.

CA

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Thanks for that, I scoured the net for the validation of that circle and couldn't find anything.

If as you claim now the circle is a hoax too, then coupled with the dubious claims of a dubious business man, I'm satisfied in calling this a hoax too.

A nice pipestone carving is about all it is now, that and a ploy to dupe others into believing otherwise..tsk tsk..

Thanks to all for your input and obviously working bs detectors.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This link will give you the crop circle design with which the Roswell stone is being compared: circularevidence.blogspot.com... I believe the final outcome will be that both the circle and the stone will turn out to be man-made. We are 50% of the way there.
CA

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Let me see if i got this straight, you hijacked this Ship, the Crew and the passengers and illegally kept them incommunicado in a dark safety deposit box, in a bank vault for over four years? According to even our laws, ignorance is no excuse. On behalf of the prisoners, we demand their immediate release from this cruel and unusual punishment. You are held accountable for the health and welfare of the people aboard and culpable for any and all damages to Ship and Cargo. You need to know that what i know, they know. Return them to where you took them, leave a little salt, a little bread, apologize and ask their pardon, then leave. Tell no one where you took them, ever.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OEAOHOO

Rock is carved with ultrasonic cutter used to make cameos. The rock is a magnetite bearing jasper which is a very common quartz rock. The magnetite gives it a little magnetism. It is a gift shop item. Nothing ET about it, more like BS.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Anybody else watching Giorgio on H2 "In Search of Aliens" - guess not?

lol

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BABYBULL24
Anybody else watching Giorgio on H2 "In Search of Aliens" - guess not?

lol

I did! Kind of interesting, really...don't know how I feel about it though. A carved rock doesn't really seem that high-tech to me, but what do I know!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join