It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a non-evasive time machine

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Don't quite understand what your point is here AATS?

What are accusing the Egyptogists of doing to the Egyptians?? LOL

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I would love to go to the ancient cities and civilizations in their heyday. Ancient Egypt during the time of Ahkneton? to see if he was Moses, Queen Cleopatra's time, Rome during Julius Caesar, and ancient Summaria to prove or disprove Zecharia Sitchin's ideas once and for all!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Howdy Kidflash 2008

ancient Summaria to prove or disprove Zecharia Sitchin's ideas

Don't worry those "ideas" sprang a leak and sank out of sight some decades ago.

Yeah if we only had such a machine, it would be interesting just to see how people 70,000 years reacted to one another and nature.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I would also go back as far as possible to see when civilization (cities, government etc) started. I am one of those who believes it is far older than what is known. Unfortunately, when one city loses population, another one cannibalizes the city's buildings and recycles it for their own use. (Just looking at the ruins in Athens and Rome, I wonder what they would look like if people had left them alone).
I just couldn't resist the Sitchin jab! I know, way to easy!

Edited for content

[edit on 7/16/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
than what is being taught.

Howdy Kid

I'm intriqued by the use of that phrase. It seems to get used a lot. It kinda suggests that bad info is being taught to people.

The actual situation is people are taught pretty much the cutting edge stuff - rarely over a decade or so old, especially in Western schools, other areas tend to be farther behind or in those areas where restrictive religions still hold sway.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I will amend that statement to read believed. I do not mean to state there is any kind of disinformation or rigidity in the learning institutions. Keep me informed and correct me when I make mistakes. It has been a long time since I took a college class!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
1. Death and Russurection of Jesus (Joshua) and collect some DNA
2. Building of Sphinx ask whos face that is
3 Building of Pyrimids of Giza and ask for whom they build it
4 Meet the Legendary Gilgamesh collect some DNA
5 View the Building of the Ark collect some DNA from the ship crew
6 Collect Adam and Eve collect some DNA
7 Libary Alexandria with XErox copier....
8 When the Sumerians or Kurds built there first town and collect some DNA
9 View Sodom before the destruction collect some DNA
10 Seen if OSiris and Isis were human and collect some DNA

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I hate to rain on the "Oh Boy!" parade here, but I wouldn't even consider subjecting myself to such a risky trip.

To what end?

People should stop for a moment and realize how cheap life is today - and then compare it to the cheapness of life 10,000 (or whatever) years ago.

I wouldn't want to be robbed and killed for my teeth, for example.

Stub your toe, and die from it? - Nah. No thanks. Not that curious.

I wouldn't mind going back to that day in the fall of 1980 - the first time my first wife and I slept together!

Early the next morning, a young girl (5 or 6 years younger than me) came into my bedroom to inform me that she had just broken up with her boyfriend - she wanted me.

She found me in bed with my (future) first wife - who left me seven or eight years later!

I'd have a little smattering of advice for myself on that evening before - I can tell you that much!

Harte

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
My personal interests demand I view every area of the world that we've found ancient artifacts or ruins, looking back in increments of 100 years at a time to view the progress or decline of civilizations such as the Egyptians, Mayans, and Incas, just to name a few. Stonehenge would be another site of interest for me.

And that doesn't include all the sites that have been obscured by rising waters since the end of the last Ice Age.

In short, I'm not satisfied that we have the full picture of the ancient world, and truth is all I want here. I don't care if it falls within the bounds of accepted archaeological finds or supports the less accepted theories of civilization. I just want to see the actual events, free of any interpretations that may or may not have been based on incorrect translations or theories on either side.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

You're right, I can't lay claim to all the answers. And since I know I can't, I'm not going to make baseless assertions, such as "God did it!". We don't know, and I can admit that. We have ideas, given what the universe has shown us about itself, but that's all. Your God of the Gaps will eventually have no-where else to run.

Anyway, apologies to Haslune, as we are veering offtopic.

I would like to go back and see just who the Sea Peoples were. Or change the timeline by sabotaging key events - "Look out behind you, Caesar!"

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
I would like to go back and see just who the Sea Peoples were.

How could you tell by looking?

The Egyptians told us who the Sea Peoples were. It's our fault that we don't know who they were talking about it.

The inscriptions at the mortuary temple of Ramses III in Medinet Habu lays out their makeup quite well.

The problem is we don't know who these people are that the Egyptians are telling us about. We don't know them by the names given, that is.

Here's one translation of the inscriptions there (Breasted.)

Their main support was Peleset, Tjekker, Shekelesh, Denyen, and Weshesh. (These) lands were united, and they laid their hands upon the land as far as the Circle of the Earth. Their hearts were confident, full of their plans.

Source

Another translation (translator not given):

Their confederation was the Peleset, Tjeker, Shekelesh, Denyen, and Weshesh, lands united. They laid their hands upon the land as far as the circuit of the earth, their hearts confident and trusting: 'Our plans will succeeded!'

Source

Those two web sites can tell you more about the Sea Peoples than any first-hand viewing possibly could, unless you speak ancient Greek or Egyptian.

Other inscriptions concerning the Sea Peoples can be found at Karnak.

Harte

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Lots of people I notice when talking and speculating about time travel never take into account the difficult and misorientation that would occur when then arrived.

They would be unable to speak (presuming they went back far enough) to anyone or really recognize what was going on. I'm sure some dude showing up and babbling in a barbarian tongue and seemingly wanting to talk to the high king would get a spear up his butt.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join