It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a non-evasive time machine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Opps, forgot one to ten.
1. Sumner.
2. Hitites. An Indo European Empire in Arabia.
3. The Easter Islands being originally colonised around 3 or 400 BCE
4. Ancient Egypt, when the Great Library (libraries) were around. Like I said, I know it's not in the timeyou wanted, but I've always been fascinated with it.
5. See all seven wonders.
6. Make a catalouge of ancient, near industrial tech. It's another thing that's been a fascination of mine since I saw the special about it. Coin operated temples!
That's not really all in the ancient world, but all I can thionk to list.
Aside from that, I'd like to see the Wright brothers' flight, and the Apollo launches.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Dang if theres no limit, why not see it all. I'd start at the big bang and work my way up to standing underneith the grate in that famous Marilyn Monroe picture.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I would immediately start transporting ancient Celts to North America - I would advance their Civilization beyond any other that has ever existed.

Then I would save Jesus - But he told me to "put him back" so I did so thank God you guys didn't notice the changes to the bible that have ocurred.

Then I would Teach the ancient aztecs everything I knew by flying from city to city teaching them as much as a could.

then I would find out any alien races threatening earth and I would trace each civilization back to it's point of origin and destroy them while they are at their most primitive.

I imagine I would be spending most of my time doing this. Along the way I would deposit Human Being - Celts of course - on the worlds that I conquered. They would seek out their brothers here on earth, and I would give them the technology to do so.

The once Man-kind had reached technological parity with their cousin-societies, I would arrange for a big meet up event on Dec 22 2012( My Birthday) were we could all get together and Purge the Planet!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I believe the word your looking for, i could be wrong is "Invasive".

with non-invasive- meaning, you can't touch or do anything to anyone just observe.

Evasive, means something that is hard to grab or hit. Like a very evasive boxer/fighter.

so a non-evasive time-machine, would mean, a non- movable time-machine. Doesn't make much sense. I could be wrong though.....

Anyhow cool question. I guess, I'd like to see first(if time is of no limit)

1)Creation of the Universe.

2)Creation of earth

3)Extinction of dinosaurs

4)Birth of Jesus then

5)Jesus turning 1 loaf of bread into thousands ect

6)Parting of the Red Sea.

7)Great Flood

8)Mack Brazils farms on the day a ufo supposedly crashed in it, outside roswell.

9)Dealy plaza the day JFK was shot.

10)9/11/01 I'd like to be outside the pentagon close to the side that got hit, to see what hit it/didn't hit it.

I'll think of more later. I'm not a religious person , i would just like to see if Jesus, and these "miracle events actuallly took place or not, my guess is not. Or it's just misinturpritation through years and years of story telling.

I thought of the last few really quick, those I'd like to see just to put my mind, and many questions to rest. Can we go inside underground government bases?

Good thread.

I could think of many classic sporting events I'd like to have seen, oh and many... I forgot about seeing so many epic battles, The spartans at Thermopoly(sp?), or maybe just some Gladiator fights in the coliseum for kicks. Darn, I'd really need more than 10.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Nola213]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
first things first, woodstock '69 to stock up on much needed supplys! than id go ahead and check out the kenedy assasination maybe catch that f***er coming out the storm drain. egypt to see what the hell really happened there and just how thay did all the unexplaind things such as pyrimids. perhaps roman galdiator times to check out the show.summarians would be next, followed by asia say samuri times. its about this time id be dead from OD never to share my storys or solve and mysteries

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Definitely ancient history, and prehistory as stated in the previous posts, view and solve all the major mysteries. Although in scrolling through I didnt see stonhenge mentioned.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
4000 bc - Latvia and Summer
5000 bc - India
10 000 bc - Cairo
20 000 bc - America
30 ooo bc - France
100 000 bc - Africa and Asia
60 mil bc - to check Dino - human co-existence

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I would go 40 years into the future and bring back technology.
Any further in the future and the tech would be too far advanced to be of any use.

Or Sept 10 with many many many cameras setup all over new york filming at every possible angle...
- that ought to close down one forum-thread on this board.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by smans]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by smans

Or Sept 10 with many many many cameras setup all over new york filming at every possible angle...
- that ought to close down one forum-thread on this board.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by smans]

not bad but perhaps setting up cameras a bit further in advance inside say tower 7 to see about explosives being planted maybe even the trade towers,say when thay were evacuated with no real justification not long before that faitfull day and all the cameras and sucurity devices were shut down? maybe even getting some good views of what it was to hit the pentagon?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I would like to kill sir walter raleigh in his cradle......

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
One place in time I would like to visit would be the moment that life came to be, just to see how it happened.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
An interesting list even if a bit outside the parameters

Thanks for clearing up the use of the word - I was born in a non-English speaking country. I've hated trying to get English right! Confusing language.

Latvia???

And what did Raleigh do to gain your dislike?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Great idea for this thread!

Let's see here, in no particular order...

1 - Observe the Anunnaki to see what they were and what influence they had on humans at the time.

2 - Travel to see Quetzalcoatl and his impact on Aztec civilization. Quetzalcoatl has always fascinated me for some reason. This would also be a chance to observe one of the "Feathered Serpent" figures first hand.

3 - Visit Easter Island when the statues there were erected and hopefully learn who did it and what motivated them.

4 - Hang out at the Roswell UFO crash site starting just prior to the crash through the next few days.

5 - Pay a visit to see if Jesus Christ was all he has been made out to be, and perhaps try to have a conversation with him to learn about his travels and experiences.

6 - Spend time watching the building of the Great Pyramids in Egypt.

7 - Watch Nicola Tesla during the later time of his life to see what kind of wild things he worked on.

8 - Visit the city of Babylon when the Biblical Tower of Babel was standing.

9 - Watch the construction of the Great Wall of China.

10 - Explore the continent of Antarctica when it was not covered by ice.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Roswel NM...? How did we get this Internet thing anyway? I think I would find the answer there...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexed
Roswel NM...? How did we get this Internet thing anyway? I think I would find the answer there...

You'd do better to look up about a man named Tim Berners-Lee and the ARPA now called DARPA. In them you will find the answer for the creation of the internet - do you think aliens would have something so lame?

LOL

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A "non-invasive" time machine is impossible. Even when you observe, you interact with the environment, for example absorb the light reflected by objects, thus affecting environment. In addition, you must counter the force of gravity hence you stand on something and if you use hovercraft -- it will exert force of some sort, on the environment.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
A "non-invasive" time machine is impossible. Even when you observe, you interact with the environment, for example absorb the light reflected by objects, thus affecting environment. In addition, you must counter the force of gravity hence you stand on something and if you use hovercraft -- it will exert force of some sort, on the environment.

Not in my made up, outside the laws of physics scifi scenario it doesn't!

Point taken and noted

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I would go back to c.1800 bc to see the original owner of my Babylonian cylinder seal. His name was Nabi-ilishu, son of Shu-sin. I'd also like to see how cylinder seals were made.

After that, a trip to ancient Egypt to meet the kindred spirit who originally owned my very small statuette of Thoth. By the look of it, it was made to wear as a pendant.

Most of my other choices have been picked already, but I'll put my wish-list anyway (in order of preference).

The times of the Annunaki

The time of Mahabharat

Ancient Persian civilization

Ancient Antarctica and Arctic assuming there were civilisations there

Byzantium

Early 1480s AD to witness the reign of Richard Third.

The building (and use of) of Stonehenge

[edit on 9-7-2008 by berenike]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i know you 'suggested' 500 BCE, but all mine are post 1900, except for 2....

1.) Madison Square Garden July 14th 1973
2.) Max Yasgur's farm August 18th 1969
3.) Lincoln Memorial August 28th 1963
4.) Cairo Egypt April 8th, 9th, & 10th 1904
5.) July 7th 1947 Southern NM
6.) Berlin June 1936
7.) Normandy France June 6 1944
8.) Wall Street Oct 24th 1929
9.) Nile Valley 1335 BC
10.) Gobi desert Mid Jurassic

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link