It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a non-evasive time machine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Battle of Tours
Battle of Hastings
Battle of Agincourt
See the region of modern day Cuba several thousand years ago to see if it was the place of where Atlantis was
See when Caesar was killed by the Roman Senate
See the events of Jesus's Crucifixion(spelling?)
See some Velociraptors on the hunt

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I suppose if its a noninvasive...I would like to go back to the Time Of Guatuma Siddhartha...from the moment of his birth...follow him though the course of his life....him leaving his wife and child...him dying under a bodhi tree...the look on his face as he awoke from starvation under that tree...the light that must have shined in his eyes when he gained enlightenment...all the way to the day he died...I just want to know what his final words were...what he promised us...that there would be another like him.....and then the peaceful death of a man who became more that a man...a man who became a Legend.....I can only hope that whom ever came next...would do the job better than he had. I suppose with the technology of the day...he would be as a lightning strike to the system...an invisible warrior of the net...having no name...no station...no face....free from judgment...free from fear....he could make the hard choices...he could do the things that had to be done.

I Can only hope. that if he's here....I wanna tell him...He's not Alone...and that we are ready....I hope we are ready...because he was born to lead..and he came to Win.

wouldn't that be something...a king who knows how to fight his own battles.
to do the impossible things...and do it alone.

then perhaps I wonder now...in the future time...would others want to come back...and see his life...though his eyes....to gleam the truth...that he alone knew.

thats all.
Keep On Fighting.
SolCore out.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Kalki Maitreya]

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Kalki Maitreya]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by Perplexed
Roswel NM...? How did we get this Internet thing anyway? I think I would find the answer there...

You'd do better to look up about a man named Tim Berners-Lee and the ARPA now called DARPA. In them you will find the answer for the creation of the internet - do you think aliens would have something so lame?

LOL

They never invented the internet according to what I can come up with, they came up with the idea for websites and unleashing the world wide web. The used the allready invented internet to achieve this.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
Battle of Tours
Battle of Hastings
Battle of Agincourt

Ah a battleman - I understand your interest. May I suggest the Battle of Towton 1461?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

They used the allready invented internet to achieve this.

Until ARPA came up with the idea of the exchange of data between computers.

The subject of the project was wartime digital communications. At that time the telephone system was about the only theater-scale communications system in use. A major problem had been identified in its design - its dependence on switching stations that could be targeted during an attack. Would it be possible to design a network that could quickly reroute digital traffic around failed nodes? A possible solution had been identified in theory. That was to build a "web" of datagram network, called an "catenet", and use dynamic routing protocols to constantly adjust the flow of traffic through the catenet. The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) launched the DARPA Internet Program.

[edit on 9/7/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Again an interesting collection of ideas and places to go.

Most are a bit out side the stated parameters but hey it good stuff.

I would suggest that all the guys who want to see the arrival of the Annunaki should plan to visit Sitchin's house and see him at the typewriter in the mid seventies. That is where the Annunaki came from.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Everyone's got some really interesting ideas. Library of Alexandria, Giza Plateau, Seven Wonders... I'd just like to back to yesterday and find out where I put my frigg'n car keys.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Everyone's got some really interesting ideas. Library of Alexandria, Giza Plateau, Seven Wonders... I'd just like to back to yesterday and find out where I put my frigg'n car keys.

You put them on the kitchen counter and they are underneath some papers

The Library of Alexandria would be interesting but maybe not, we have the commentaries by some of its user and the Libraries bibliography/catalogue so we know in general what was there.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's been a while since a topic sparked an interest in me! This one has so many different possibilities...where to start?

-I would love to travel with Hannibal on his trip over the Alps and into Italy

-I think it would be remarkable to be a "fly on the wall" at the constitutional convention

-Having recently become a fan of the show "the tudors," I would have to go to one of their parties; even I could get lucky with one of those chicks!

-With Robert E. Lee and his commanders the night before Pickett's Charge

Damn, there are too many places to be. These are just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

I would suggest that all the guys who want to see the arrival of the Annunaki should plan to visit Sitchin's house and see him at the typewriter in the mid seventies. That is where the Annunaki came from.

I have a 2,000+ year old cylinder seal depicting Shamash, an Annunaki god (of the sun).

I don't think that came out of Zechariah Sitchin's typewriter. Neither did the Enuma Elish.

Since so few people have the education to translate the ancient texts we just have to decide for ourselves which 'expert' we believe.

A good reason, I think, for wanting to go back in time and see for myself.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
1. Annihilation of the dinosaurs
2. The great flood (Biblical)
3. Far enough back to find out what the asteroid belt between Earth and Mars used to be
4. Far enough back to view Mars when it was a planet with rivers and possibly oceans
5. Near Roswell - 1947, of course!
6. Find out what happened to the crew of the Mary Celeste
7. Find out what happened to Jim Gray
8. 9500 BC, back to the time of Atlantis and to the time of its destruction after it failed to successfully invade Athens
9. The Betty and Barney Hill abduction
10. Take a pic of the Colossus of Rhodes

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Annunaki in the sense of aliens as Sitchin made up not the Annunaki gods that the Sumerian believed in. The Annunaki were as real to the Sumerians as any other gods in other religions in different cultures around the world. Sitchin's made up stuff is not surported by the Sumer writers or archaeology, nor by common sense.

Sitchin is no expert. LOL

Oh did you check to see if that cylinder has been recorded and its inscription but into the database?

Take a pic of the Colossus of Rhodes

That's a good one!

[edit on 9/7/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I would like to go back to April 25 / -1BC. 9 months before Jebus was born. Just to see who Mary was rollin in the hay with. A pregnant virgin. That excuse may have work 2000 years ago. But not today sister.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DazE777

We don't encourage voyeurisms!

That is one of more mundane things in history. Imagine it, A husband having sex with his wife - the cad! the whore! However I believe the bible says that they married only after she became pregnant.

I stand by to be corrected

Matthew 1:22. Now all this was done that it might be fulfilled which the Lord spoke by the prophet, saying:

1:23. Behold a virgin shall be with child, and bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

1:24. And Joseph rising up from sleep, did as the angel of the Lord had commanded him, and took unto him his wife.

1:25. And he knew her not till she brought forth her first born son: and he called his name Jesus.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
There are many more then ten places that I would love to go to improve my knowledge most of them before 500 BC

Go back and find out how the pyramids and find out how they were made

Go to the time of the ancient Mayans and see there meeting with the extraterrestrial informs

Go to the time of Atlantis

Conquest of Alexander the Great over Persia

Meet Buddha

Go to the beginning of time and see how everything came to be

Hitler’s rain over Germany

Go to the age of the mega fauna

Go to the end of time

Mans Conquest over the Universe

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
1. To the Begining of Time itself and possibly the Universe.

2. To the End of Time.

3. Roswell New mexico u know when.

4. Back to when Both my children were born. ( can i have this in one lol)

5. The Grassy Gnoll Dallas 1963

6. The Day mankind finally Meets E.T , its only a matter of time.

7. Summerian empire.

8. Egyptian Empire

9. The moment our sun Goes Nova.

10. The moon 16 July 1969 with a digital video camera.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well ive seen some good ones here but i myself would like to go to

- the beginning of time

by doing so i can see the full production of earth being built

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

would go to the Library at Alexandria just prior to it's burning, and steal all of the books.

LMFAO maybe you start the fire. I would also use the timemachine to go places AD and steal stuff, it may make me a bad person for using a time machine for personal gain....... but who cares lol

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by D.S.trustno1

Thank you, it's nice to be appreciated for who I am!

I really do not know why listmakers are even interested in time travel.

I liked the one about looking up Marilyns skirt. No No we would not want to do anything naughty!

Just observing the past alters the current knowledge and irrevocably changes future events.

Timerity and adventure are polar opposites. Stamp collecting is better suited to the timid. I pray listmakers do not gain control of time travel no good could come of it.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

The moment our sun Goes Nova.

Not to worry as I understand it our class of star is to small to go nova -ours will just expand, get hotter then shrink and go cold- after destroying the earth by expansion and heat. but alas no spectalur explosion

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join