It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check out this rave documentary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I envy the US being behind in the dance scene with all your raves & such. The scene has died here now pretty much but luckily I got to experience it's peak with the superclubs Cream & Gatecrasher, how I miss those days. That rave you posted the vid of did look kinda empty though but when you're used to 40,000+ people festivals I guess a little rave would look empty lol

Which reminds me, I must get over to Holland for one of the festivals again, they really know how to throw a party

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
I envy the US being behind in the dance scene with all your raves & such. The scene has died here now pretty much but luckily I got to experience it's peak with the superclubs Cream & Gatecrasher, how I miss those days. That rave you posted the vid of did look kinda empty though but when you're used to 40,000+ people festivals I guess a little rave would look empty lol

Which reminds me, I must get over to Holland for one of the festivals again, they really know how to throw a party

Transit was the first party i ever went too. There were 20,000 people there and got attention from the local media who practically started all kinds of legal ambitions towards the rave scene locally. Although the following year after that was awesome it is not what it once was. The cool thing about transit it was in Texas and was not all euro wich is cool as hell. Plus Houston had this much cooler vibe were people just liked kicking it and now it is totally opposite.

I never went to gatecrasher or nothing of that nature.

Trust me dude I dont know at what point they actually filmed the documentary but I was there. It was a pain in the butt just to get in the place then walking around was hell. You could not even buy sodas there were so many people there. When I walked into the main room it was kind of cool looking it reminded of the top of the hotel in ghostbusters. it was awesome.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Maybach Hanson]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Aren't Raves new from the past twenty years? I never heard about them in high school and I was amoung every one, even the major partiers.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
Aren't Raves new from the past twenty years? I never heard about them in high school and I was amoung every one, even the major partiers.
I dont know much about stuff from the early 90s or the present stuff. But if you were partying from 2000 to summer of 2001 then you were in the hype of it. After that it got god aweful and now it is weird because everyone is from isreal or something. I saw some cool flyers from late 1999 but i was 17 at the time and never made it.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
I dont know much about stuff from the early 90s or the present stuff. But if you were partying from 2000 to summer of 2001 then you were in the hype of it. After that it got god aweful and now it is weird because everyone is from isreal or something. I saw some cool flyers from late 1999 but i was 17 at the time and never made it.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
if you watch the transit documentary you will notice another level of professionalism, style and comradory sounds lame but its alot cooler then any of that other stuff

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'm check'n it out as we speek. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybach Hanson
if you watch the transit documentary you will notice another level of professionalism, style and comradory sounds lame but its alot cooler then any of that other stuff

Any of what other stuff ? I watched the documentary, what level of professionalism, syle & comradery are you comparing it to ?

In answer to MrMysticism the rave scene started in the mid 80's when people started making the early forms of dance music which then progressed into Acid House which in turn paved the way in the 90's for many many underground raves and small scale clubs. Then as synths & samplers became more complex and computers started becoming more popular that music then branched off into many different styles then in the late 90's Trance was the most popular which lead to the rise of super clubs like Cream & Gatecrasher. Underground raves kinda lost their buzz during that time and it was more about regular club nights with the music more accessible the peak of this all was from around 2000 to 2003 then the scene became stale, superclubs closed down, even the smaller venues decided to call it a day. Now it's gone full circle where underground raves are more common and smaller "underground type" venues are the scene.

I will say one thing though, I miss it all and it's not how it used to be I guess because I burned myself going out every weekend bopping my socks off to all the DJ's I loved but the magic has gone

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Any of what other stuff ? I watched the documentary, what level of professionalism, syle & comradery are you comparing it to ?

In answer to MrMysticism the rave scene started in the mid 80's when people started making the early forms of dance music which then progressed into Acid House which in turn paved the way in the 90's for many many underground raves and small scale clubs. Then as synths & samplers became more complex and computers started becoming more popular that music then branched off into many different styles then in the late 90's Trance was the most popular which lead to the rise of super clubs like Cream & Gatecrasher. Underground raves kinda lost their buzz during that time and it was more about regular club nights with the music more accessible the peak of this all was from around 2000 to 2003 then the scene became stale, superclubs closed down, even the smaller venues decided to call it a day. Now it's gone full circle where underground raves are more common and smaller "underground type" venues are the scene.

I will say one thing though, I miss it all and it's not how it used to be I guess because I burned myself going out every weekend bopping my socks off to all the DJ's I loved but the magic has gone

you would have had to live in houston to know what i was talking about. it was alot cooler. I like acid house never really knew what it was until recently

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

you would have had to live in houston to know what i was talking about. it was alot cooler. I like acid house never really knew what it was until recently

What was alot cooler ?

And what was it more cool than ?

Acid house was great it's still alive today thanks to the like of Paul Woolford & Phil Weeks although it's less vocals & more electronic sounding "blips" & "beeps" now

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

What was alot cooler ?

And what was it more cool than ?

Acid house was great it's still alive today thanks to the like of Paul Woolford & Phil Weeks although it's less vocals & more electronic sounding "blips" & "beeps" now

when i think of acid house i think of the shamen and some of that stuff from 24 hour party people soundtrack i guess this could also be acid house. sorry for the anime and the wack vocals.

I used to make a bunch of razormaid dj mixes but it is so difficult and i think i exploited alot of the hot tunes. one day i am gonna sit on youtube and find all the old school stuff and mix it together.

when i say things were alot cooler people did not really front you like they know what the hot jive is.

i wanna mention that i think i might know that chick with the acne.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Maybach Hanson]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Here is a clip from Sensation White 2008 Germany, there a couple of good songs. I like the one that sounds like Justin Timberlake

I wish to god I knew how they were mixing them because all of the dj sets i have heard nothing is ever that clean. but it is a megamix so it is just a bunch of samples.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Maybach Hanson]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

when i think of acid house i think of the shamen and some of that stuff from 24 hour party people soundtrack i guess this could also be acid house. sorry for the anime and the wack vocals.

Ahhh so you like old school Acid House with plenty of 303 usage, there's plenty of it to find on youtube and listen to just do a search for old school acid house & you'll find plenty from New Order to Josh Wink to Jungle Brothers to Inner City. As for the hot jive thing I don't really know what you mean by hot jive sorry must be an American phrase ?

As for that Megamix it's just simple cutting at the right moment to make it flow, there's no special tricks involved apart from getting the timing right!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Ahhh so you like old school Acid House with plenty of 303 usage, there's plenty of it to find on youtube and listen to just do a search for old school acid house & you'll find plenty from New Order to Josh Wink to Jungle Brothers to Inner City. As for the hot jive thing I don't really know what you mean by hot jive sorry must be an American phrase ?

As for that Megamix it's just simple cutting at the right moment to make it flow, there's no special tricks involved apart from getting the timing right!

most of that stuff you mentioned is lame, its all about razormaid

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Lame ? without those so called "lame" tracks razormaid would not exist, all they do is remix already made tracks or edit them which is the easiest thing to in music production! The artists/groups I mentioned were the pioneers of Acid House so to call them lame just shows you don't have a clue what you're talking about and I doubt you've never even listened to any of the original 80's Acid House pioneers, it's like people who hear some euro dance crap and decide to call it trance with no idea at all about it or people who call trance techno, it really irks me

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Lame ? without those so called "lame" tracks razormaid would not exist, all they do is remix already made tracks or edit them which is the easiest thing to in music production! The artists/groups I mentioned were the pioneers of Acid House so to call them lame just shows you don't have a clue what you're talking about and I doubt you've never even listened to any of the original 80's Acid House pioneers, it's like people who hear some euro dance crap and decide to call it trance with no idea at all about it or people who call trance techno, it really irks me
reffering to all pioneers as cool is lame. josh wink is probably one of the most od aweful electronic acts i have ever heard in my entire life.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

josh wink is probably one of the most od aweful electronic acts i have ever heard in my entire life.

Thankyou for proving my point

Good day to you sir

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

josh wink is probably one of the most od aweful electronic acts i have ever heard in my entire life.

Thankyou for proving my point

Good day to you sir
dude you cannot actually sit there and tell me that any thing josh wink has ever made even comes close to that song i posted. hes got the acid song and thats not that bad.

why dont you prove your opinions then. lets see some evidence.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Maybach Hanson]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
ok this is the best thing i could find on youtube for josh wink

and this is the best live stuff for josh wink

and this being the worst

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Maybach Hanson]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join