It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what IF human used 100% of their MINDS???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a question from a point of reference.

are drugs things that naturally grow from the earth or are they things which are synthesized from natural growing phenomena?

and i agree that herbs/plants increase your mental capacity; to further this thesis i would say that naturally living increases your mental capacity, such as walking running herbals water and veg's...

but if , and i mean if in the prognosis that you think you dont use all of your brain, you used 100 percent then you would still fail because reaching that "100%" you would find that there is more to you than a number, thus further descenscion into the abyss of beauty and the beast...

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I think that if we actually used all of our brain, pedal to the metal. We would become 'gods'.

Genesis 3:5

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall become as gods, knowing good and evil.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
i hate to sound arrogant, though I have the tendency to do this, but if more humans used more than the usual 20-30% of their brains, I wouldnt feel so lonely most of the time.

was that a cheap shot at myself or the general population? that's a tough one.

seriously though. the human brain is a powerful piece of organic machinery. if both hemispheres operated simultaneously while utilizing 100% of the cells within the brain at that same time, wow, man... this world would be a completely different place. for instance, who needs the internet when we can instant message another human directly?

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think if we used 100% of our brain all the time, we'd end up sleeping more as well. There's also the possibility of greater violence, as those areas of the brain more active in serial killers and mass murders than in the general population would also be operating full-time.

JON

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I'm sure alot of our brains are needed for essentials like breathing, regulated heartbeat, coordination, etc..etc..etc...

So I don't think you would really want to use %100 of your brain. Who would want to have to conciously digest their food or remember to realeas x hormone at y time, or regulate the platlet level in your circulatory system so you don't die from blood clots.

that would just suck

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Ok heres the answer. Einstein predicted that if we used 100% of our brain we wouldnt need bodies and that 10% im pretty sure is literal.

Theres a movie about an albino guy that deals with this even though its fictional

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
We use 100% of our brain.

The idea that we only use a small percentage of our brain is a myth. This isn't to say that the popular media and some very influential thinkers haven't contributed to this misconception.

Physicist Albert Einstein and anthropologist Margaret Mead have been attributed to statements that humans only use a small portion of their brains. And the advertising industry is guilty of using the idea to sell their products.

faculty.washington.edu...

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
George W Bush would not be president, or win re-election. This whole 9-11 thing is just getting on my freaking nerves. We will never ever know the Truth about that day. IMO

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It just wouldn;t make sense if we didnt use 100 percent of our brain. What do you think the other part of the brain is doing then??....I mean is it jsut staying there going "ya....i amhere, but i am not gonna let you use me"....This is ridiculous....

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
If we did use 100 % of our brain, it would be taxed.

"George W Bush would not be president, or win re-election. This whole 9-11 thing is just getting on my freaking nerves. We will never ever know the Truth about that day. IMO"

Good God, we don't know the truth about Dec 7 1041.
Nov 22. 1963, why do you think it should be any better for 9/11/01?

We'll be discussing those events until we die off. And they'll always remain enigmas, blots on human history.

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalSpecWar
Actually the myth humans using only 5-10% of their brains is false. Humans do not use their entire brain but they use the majority of it like 98% or something.

The scientists who said that were only using 10% of their brains

but anyways, here's my 2 cents, only 10% of the frontal lobes are used, the rest are switched off. the dormant parts of the frontal lobes are said to contain the paranormal-abilities of humans. some scans showed more activity in the frontal lobes with telepathic / psychic people as they were trying their abilities.

the rest of the brain is vital for living a fully functional life, thats why with a stroke a certain part of the brain doesnt get enough blood and those cells stop working, thus paralyzing the ability which that part of the brain controls.

back to the frontal lobes. it's said that you can just click on your whole frontal lobes with your amygdala using visualization. also science says that the amygdala is the fear and reward center of the brain.

you can google up some interesting stuff about the left and right amygdala, how the right one brings negativity / fear while the left one brings a sense of nirvana but now i'm getting off topic aren't i?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IQkid
Ok heres the answer. Einstein predicted that if we used 100% of our brain we wouldnt need bodies and that 10% im pretty sure is literal.

Theres a movie about an albino guy that deals with this even though its fictional

yeah that movies called powder

Originally posted by JON
I'm sure alot of our brains are needed for essentials like breathing, regulated heartbeat, coordination, etc..etc..etc...

So I don't think you would really want to use %100 of your brain. Who would want to have to conciously digest their food or remember to realeas x hormone at y time, or regulate the platlet level in your circulatory system so you don't die from blood clots.

that would just suck

well assuming that you wouldn't need to control every aspect of your body, using 100% of your brain would be information overload although it would make you 'super-human' imo.

mind over matter

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
There is a case of a person who lived a normal life, but when they did the autopsy, they found almost all the brain was missing. He was actually in the upper half of his classes in school, active socially, and in every notion of what is normal, he was "able and fit." It was just that most of his brain was not there, a very rare case of Anencephaly that did not die shortly after birth as is mostly the case. Perhaps any small amount of tissue that he had was enough.

I need to find a reference for this, but as I remember it was in the Julian Jaynes book, "Origin of Consciousness," as an example of the nameless space consciousness actually is.

On another front, there is the famous story of the chicken without a head who lived a number of years and behaved otherwise like a normal chicken.

Hence the argument that only a very small amount of brain tissue, the brain stem remants, were actually "necessary," for at least the appearances of fully vital functioning.

So when you say "One hundred Percent," does that mean all the brain and mind? It could mean that for the purposes of the person absent brain above, what little brain tissue actuated normality, was operating far above what we consider as even total brain functioning. He was just like "anybody else," socially, intellectually, and in every respect we consider, even above average.

[Edited on 31-3-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Absolutely! The 10% limitation is merely a myth, and if you think about it, you know it's true. If it weren't it would be a LOT harder to have brain damage. It is really no coincidence that damaging any part of your head happens to hit some critical function up there.

-P

Originally posted by NavalSpecWar
Actually the myth humans using only 5-10% of their brains is false. Humans do not use their entire brain but they use the majority of it like 98% or something.

posted on Mar, 31 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
But what people are forgetting is 1. the two halves of the brain and 2. the many tiny little chunks of grey matter that controll different things.

If we used %100 percent of our brains, everyone would be of the same intelligence(left side of the brain) and artistic ability (right side of the brain). Plus, we would never forget anyhitng, we would all have the same level of common sense, blah blah blah.

It's not whether or not we use %100 of our entire brains, its what parts of the brain are more developed, more often used, and stronger in different people. You could have a mathematical genius that can't remember a thing, and an artist who can't add 5+5 but can memorize the answer simply because the part of their brain conrtolling memory is so strong.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
as i c it : there never is �a 100% of the brain� -- only post-mortem. & even then, 4 some time period post lethal impact, neural structures seem 2 exhibit kinda modification (tho there�s way more speculation on this than data).
any stimuli can cause (i.e. it CAN be used 2 evoke, 2 b precise) a modification of neural nets; that is 2 say : all we c, smell, hear, feel, is, in essence, the result of an active (by no means passive) processing of signals from the external world. tho there exsists no such thing as colour out there, we nevertheless do perceive it (i.e. construct the percept of colour every day).
if u r prepared 2 follow such rough sketchy arg, u might end up with the conclusion that there will b never �a 100% of brain�
-- surprizing tho, 1 might come 2 think, how many ppl do manage quite well with the amounts of brain-usage detailed in few posts here �

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
We would be smarter and be able to levitate, and heal.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think we would die because,
then we wouldnt use the brain to oberate the body and sences

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Here's some interesting insight into the 10% myth and how it came abouts.
Claim: We use only ten percent of our brains. Status: False.

The website I got it from is full of interesting information, should check it out.
Snopes.com : Urban Legends Reference Pages

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
There is a technicality in the interpretation of the use of the brain that some people like to manipulate to argue the topic and say that we use 100% of our brain.
While both statements are true.... they are very different in what they are referring to.
One person is referring to use of the physical areas of the brain.. the other is referring to capacity and power.

Its alot like having a computer that has a 2.2 gig processor but you have it set to only run at 400mhz instead.

Sure we use nearly all of the physical areas, but that is really NOT what people are referring to when discussing the 10% that we use.

Certain regions have very little activity and the pineal gland is one of those. When you are able to get that gland to work more your psychic abilities open up more.

This is what is refferred to as the third eye.. the window to the soul.... it is more like the eye of the very essence of what you are... beyond your physical body.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join