It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marvel vs DC Comics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
DC is the best Comic Publisher. They might have a load of problems with its continuity... Mainly, because of all the people who are dying than coming back (Batman(Bruce Wayne))As an example. But otherwise most of the characters, are Black and White.... The way I like them.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have to say I lean toward Marvel a bit more than DC, but DC in recent times have stepped it up a notch, but I truly miss the Valiant line, now to me those were some damn good comics.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Definitely Marvel universe. DC was always too pathetic fore me, maybe except Batman but in all other cases Marvel characters are much human. There is greater psychology in their relation. DC always stays behind Marvel in this case.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
1. IMAGE

2. Marvel

3, DC

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Collected in the 80's and 90's
Always loved Marvel
Never really read DC

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

marvel, the characters are more "real" to me. They act and feel like a person would. You get some of that in DC, no doubt. And being an X-Men fan, it was an obvious choice for me. DC does bring Batman though, and I love me some Batman, so I hope both never go outta buisness. ^.^

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

Non Justice League Batman is good, the JL Batman is preposterous. The solo version he is a man fighting a hopeless war. JLA he is (as weird as this sounds) too powerful. JLA Batman seems to have the same power as Amadeus Cho with impossible endurance and fighting ability.

Bleh.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have recently gotten into comics (oct. 2011) and I have read comics from both sides and I just like DC's characters better.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I personally started out with Marvel and Image (my all-time favourite series being the Maxx). Back then I was a huge fan of x-men, spiderman, the hulk, ghost rider, etc... I think the character designs definitely have more personality than DC universe, and the powers are much cooler, and back then the writing was better. Then there was a huge shift in writers, and many of Marvel's good writers went to DC permanently. This is when DC started getting really good. I've always been a Batman fan, and I have recently started getting into Justice League and Superman as well. Superman is a much more boring series as it just becomes too much science fiction and not enough good story driven material. Batman is great in that respect because is a human with a very complex personality and it's always interesting to see what kind of clever scheme he comes up with, or watching him try to survive against the odds when things go wrong. I also think that his role in Justice League is much needed. Maybe some of the things he does in that series is a little unrealistic, but then he also brings an interesting element to the story because he is a normal human with no superpowers in a group of highly idealistic people who all have superpowers, and yet he is the only one in the group who has a way to kill every other member of the group.

Marvel has better love stories, and I'll give them that, but I think there is too much "yo man, the girl is mine, not yours!" going on and not enough "I'm glad that I have a friend like you!" which is the relationship that Batman and Superman have, even after an issue where they nearly kill each other. Like, how many people can name a set of best friends in Marvel comics? Probably not many, and the best I can think of is Johnny Blaze and Ghost Rider, although it's a rather odd kind of friendship. With Marvel it's either love story or all business, with DC there is a little bit of love story, a little bit of friendship and just enough business in a good balance.

Not really anything against Marvel, but I personally think DC is better nowadays. Oh yeah, I also heard that they're changing spiderman's story, he makes a deal with Mephisto or something so that he can relive his life having never met Mary Jane, and the series goes back to high school and he's hitting on chicks in high school... I don't know if there is any substantial proof of this storyline, but a friend of mine told me about it, and it made me lose a lot more respect for Marvel, mainly because Spiderman was one of their great original storylines, and doing that would totally ruin spiderman for me for the rest of my life. To me it would just seem like MTV jacked spiderman and turned it into some kind of crazy shallow high school drama just to make money.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Both of them are good in their own right. I would have to say my favorite is Marvel though. Darker, more flawed characters. Was never into comic books when I was younger but grew up watching Superman, Batman, Spiderman ect (DC..I know) on tv, but when the Marvel movies started coming out in the last few years, man…. A total fan! Great movies.

I have just started to appreciate the difference between the two though and have started reading some of the older comic books from both.

S&F OP!

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Donald Duck of course...

N ah but in my opinion Marvel is better, I like their stories and characters.

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Guess.

I always found DC to be rather bland.

posted on Jun, 10 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
In the past I'd would have gone with Marvel but now it's a toss up. Marvel definitely has the more cohesive universe but with the New 52 I feel DC has better characters and writing. Granted I haven't read anything new from Marvel since One More Day so I can't really say what current Marvel is like.

I guess I just feel like DC is more willing to let their characters evolve while Marvel will always find a way to stop a characters evolution and revert them to their original status. One More Day is the perfect example of this. For the first time in years something really interesting happened to Spider-Man and the writers promptly made it so it never happened and then got rid of his marriage to Mary-Jane. This isn't the only case of this though. Another example is Bobby Drake. He has the potential to be an Omega-Class Mutant but as soon as a writer starts investigating this potential a new writer is put on the comic and Drake once again becomes the jokester whose strongest power is using ice slides.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This really comes down to one thing:

Silver Surfer and Green Lantern.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
DC is my favorite

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join