It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial attacks on Obama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Summary

Here is the most hilarious part of what people have been allowed to turn my thread into

There has been discussion in this forum that "nobody is attacking Obama on his race, its Obama making it up"

So

I start a thread

that gives several examples that disprove this notion.

So, those invovled who got proved wrong, came here and started calling ME a racist

I mean honestly, someone besides me has to find this funny.

Would it be possible to discuss the topic please?
There are examples in my links that show attacks on obama.

some of them are racially motivated, one of them is not.

Lets comment on those, and leave your own forms of bigotry at the klan meeting where they belong

otherwise, face the wrath of my ignore button

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

"black folk" werent considered equals then, and to a lot of politicians (and an ever growing group of select members of this website) they arent considered equal today.

You keep shooting yourself in the foot with the race card. Take the high road and debate Obama's merits on the issues. To stereotypically paint other members who don't happen to agree with you as racist is a shallow ploy.

What do you hope to accomplish with this kind of blatant baiting?

[edit on 7/7/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
if obama was loosing the election badly...

you would hear dang whitey to heck..he started aid's...holding the black people down...

oh yeah his rev already said that for 20+ years to him lol

and he won democratic nomination .

get over it..

OBAMA IS A WHITEY or at least half..

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Show me, in what way, i have ever said

"if you dont support Obama, you are racist"

Seriously - you are on the spot now

give me proof.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Big business and all of that trickling down. The British Conservative Party now claim to be the party of redistribution. Your Republicans are an election behind or two.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
I do not support bad-big-business. In my opinion, you have to go 'bad' anymore to get ahead. So i guess you could say i dont support the ideal of the elite businessman telling me that liberals are elite'ist minded, so i should vote republican because republicans are for big business.

At what point will you realize that the people who are behind Obama ARE big business?

Have you taken a look at the people in Obama's camp? Do you think they're supporting Obama for some altruistic reason?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

"black folk" werent considered equals then, and to a lot of politicians (and an ever growing group of select members of this website) they arent considered equal today.

You most certainly implied "racist" within the context of this quote. And there's no need to u2u and threaten me with your ignore button. Your words and actions speak volumes.

Don't worry, others will read what I type, even if you don't. To bad you are attempting to silence a fellow democrat who just happens to disagree with your disgraceful tactics.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

No, i said (some members of this website)

That doesnt mean ALL

that doesnt mean anyone who disagrees with obama

I sent you a u2u begging you to stop being such an ignorance-monger and see things for what they are.

I post examples of racist attacks against obama

you call me a racist

who's the hypocrite here? Im curious.

And its not about "democrat vs republican"

its about me creating a thread that says "here are examples of the racist attacks that some people claim do not exist"

You have given no suitable reply that suggests i ever said anything remotely close to "

"if you dont supoprt obama, you are a racist"

and the only conclusion any reasonably intelligent person can derive from your lack of maturity is that YOU are wrong.

Sorry - i am not a democrat. What makes me a democrat? Because i support Obama????

Sounds like you should maybe being to practice what you preach.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Show me where I called you a racist. Because I promise you I did no such thing.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tazm_99

Ok so you found one site that may or may not clear your family history of ever owning African slaves in the US, Congratulations! Keep in mind a big part of history is covering up the truth. As far as the "8%" yes that's a small percentage, but i find it odd that such a small percentage could contribute to the racial injustice that went on. ....

Have you considered that there were forms of slavery in Europe as well? You can wiki that too! Not only were there Europeans that owned slaves, but they also assisted in the African slave trade. Also Through out history, parts of Europe have had slaves of many different ethnic backgrounds.

Dude, I know your new here but please look at previous posts before you go off and make yourself look silly. I didn't find the dang article, the person who was using it to make the point opposite of mine did. I merely used his own evidence against him.

I don't know why you find it odd only 8% of a population can cause such grief. History is full of such incidents, I suggest you look them up.

As for your second point again look back, I've acknowledged I might have some Scandinavian and Roman slave owners in my family tree. Heck, I might even have some slaves in it too for all I know. You really don't want to get into history lessons with me, I assure you. I am well aware of how throughout history and even to this day, forms of slavery have existed and still exist. Plus I was slightly mocking Wiki as an "official' source. You need to chill out and take a deep breath before you go launching verbal bombs on people, lest they blow up in your face.

As to "clearing my family name of owning any African slaves" I haven't, nor do I feel any reason too . Even if my ancestors had, it has no bearing how I am, living in the modern world. I could care less if my Great Great Great Great Grandpa owned some slaves, how does that affect me? I don't go about looking at anyone wishing I "owned" them. Get off the self loathing attitude and please don't attribute it to me, thank you. The past does not equal the future nor the present.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
my opening statement says

Yeah. Lets forget about his religion. Lets forget about his family. Lets forget about "pretending" he's not an American citizen. Lets forget about the accusations that he's the anti-christ. Lets forget about the accusations that he's the puppet for the global villians "bilderburg".

Lets forget about all of that. Because? The one most troubling, and abundant are the ones that attack his race.

That being said, lets evaluate

Show me WHERE anywhere in there- show me where i say

"if you dont support Obama, you are a racist"

You call them "disgraceful tactics"

So - should i say "ya know...they are attacks that are racially motivated, but i shouldnt speak abou tthem, because i might upset someone who is racist themself"

I mean - cmon

Its an issue. It happens, and i gave proof that it happens

It'd be different if i started a thread that said

"all white people hate obama because he's black, and here's proof"

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

......So, those invovled who got proved wrong, came here and started calling ME a racist

I mean honestly, someone besides me has to find this funny.

Lets comment on those, and leave your own forms of bigotry at the klan meeting where they belong

otherwise, face the wrath of my ignore button

Andrew stop being so high and mighty, it really is starting to wear thin. You haven't proved anyone wrong except in your own mind. No one has called you racist, just a sterotyping kinda person. You automatically turn that into racist in your mind. See you just did the sterotyping thing again with the biogtry and klan statement. But then you probably don't even realize it do you?

As for your threat of your Mighty ignore button, IMO only people who can't debate choose to ignore the other side. Just as a sidenote:the root origins of the word ignore:

1611, "not to know, to be ignorant of," from Fr. ignorer, from L. ignorare "not to know, disregard," from ignarus "not knowing, unaware" (see ignorant). Sense of "pay no attention to" first recorded 1801 and not common until c.1850.

If the shoe fits............

[edit on 7-7-2008 by pavil]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
So, yet again, here comes another conservative: Maria.

I ask you

"show me where i said anyone who doesnt vote for obama is a racist" or any variation of such

and you can't provide

i ask you

"are you saying its not okay for me to post a single thread about racial attacks in politics"

and you cant' answer it.

I will let your silence speak for its self.

Bye Bye

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Because I don't agree with your tactics and lack of tact, you're calling me conservative.

You invite me to a private chat, and then call me a useless waste of space because I don't agree with you. You are a real class act.

You're nothing but a bully. You are doing more for the McCain campaign than you can imagine. That's a real pity.

I tried to reason with you, and all you can do is insult me. You are certainly letting everyone see you for what you truly are. Deny ignorance, don't embrace it!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

So, yet again, here comes another conservative: Maria.

I ask you

"show me where i said anyone who doesnt vote for obama is a racist" or any variation of such

and you can't provide

Are we following the same thread here Andrew?

Maria said and I quote:

You keep shooting yourself in the foot with the race card. Take the high road and debate Obama's merits on the issues. To stereotypically paint other members who don't happen to agree with you as racist is a shallow ploy.

That is nowhere near the "tell me where I said if you don't vote for Obama, you must be a racist" rant you are on.

Just recently you compared some posters here to Klansman at a rally, isn't that the slightest bit stereotypical to talk about people you don't really know and who happen to not agree with you. Don't you see where we are getting this impression of you stereotyping others.

I would find it extremely ironic that you have turned your attention to Maria and accuse her of being a conservative when she has stated to you that she is a Democrat. Oh I forgot, you aren't a Democrat just an Obamocrat. In your zeal you may have very well cost your candidate Maria's vote. Way to go there buddy. I doubt you have that much sway over Maria though.

I must already be on the dreaded ignore list. LOL

[edit on 7-7-2008 by pavil]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Noble words for someone who cant answer a few "yes or no" questions :shk:

are we going to bicker, or discuss the threads here?

I have it up to here with your trolling and derailing

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I don't have to answer anything to you. I'm not your puppet, and I am far from being a troll!

The only thing that can be remotely construed as a derailment of this thread are your blatant personal attacks on those who don't agree with your views, or in my case, your tactics.

The funny thing is you are your own worst enemy. You don't need any help in that departement.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Damn the Dems are starting early on the whole "he should have won, America is all KKK crapola" After November we are going to get 4-8 years of guilt trips, and whining dems on CNN FOX and all the rest. Blah.....Who cares

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXMACHINEGUNDLR
Damn the Dems are starting early on the whole "he should have won, America is all KKK crapola" After November we are going to get 4-8 years of guilt trips, and whining dems on CNN FOX and all the rest. Blah.....Who cares

i still say it will start a civil war.

obama cultist's are very extreme....

mcainAholic's are silent but deadly lol

either way expect riots just as a minimum.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

What do you hope to accomplish with this kind of blatant baiting?

[edit on 7/7/2008 by maria_stardust]

It makes people back off because they don't want that label, I think they use it to get people to shut up.

I live in the inner city, I am mixed, and my family is multicultural, whoever gets elected, I doubt my life will change.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join