It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial attacks on Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yeah. Lets forget about his religion. Lets forget about his family. Lets forget about "pretending" he's not an American citizen. Lets forget about the accusations that he's the anti-christ. Lets forget about the accusations that he's the puppet for the global villians "bilderburg".

Lets forget about all of that. Because? The one most troubling, and abundant are the ones that attack his race.

That being said, lets evaluate

Nader turns it into "white guilt" that makes Obama popular

---- Article

Hatewatch (a watchdog for self-righteous racist neocons) posts this very interesting article. I'd give you snippets, but the language filters wont allow me to show you some of the things that people are saying about Obama
----- Article

Racist Incidents give some Obama campaigners a pause
---- Article

Seems as though Obama and mccain are gearing up for a race-war
---- Article

Another political moron - Karl Rove - shows his true racist dark side
---- Article

Even the man i once looked to for my own political guidance, Rush Limbaugh, is showing his TRUE colors from behind the 'golden microphone'
----- Article

Racial Vandalism to innocent people's vehicles
Article

More vandalism of Obamas campaign quarters
--- Article

This one speaks for its self

An amateur genealogist has revealed a surprise in the family tree of the black contender in the race to be the Democrats' presidential candidate

Whats so suprising? His mother was white. The chances that her white ancestors owned slaves is pretty high. Its just more fear mongering and racial bashing. "Look! A BLACK MAN WHOS ANCESTORS OWNED SLAVES"
:shk:
--- Article

So yeah, i guess you're right, anti-obamanators. This isnt about race.
Atleast to anyone who's voting FOR Barack Obama, it isnt.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It is alot of "White guilt" Andrew in that many White people give Obama a "crutch" to be the POTUS. They know nothing of issues, voting records etc. For many of these people, it is the only reason.

Now, Obama sat through Pastor Wright's anti-american, racist sermons off and on for nearly 20 years. Pastor Wright blames "White America" for all her problems domestic and otherwise.

When confronted about Wright's anti-American flammatory racial rethoric, Obama turned it around and tried to blame the US citizens for even making an issue of it in the first place, and because they did, they were in fact racist, not so much Obama and his Pastor.

Once that didn't fly-over so well or as much as intended, Obama had to "dis-own' his Uncle Wright. At least publicly speaking.

Also, in a recent speech, Obama claimed that McCain would try and make race an issue "because i'm ummm Black" Obama stated. McCain made no such remark or any indication thereof that he would make Obama's race an issue. Obama made that statement for him.

It is Obama who is playing the race card and doing the race baiting Andrew.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

why do you say his mothers ancestors likely owned slaves?

oh excuse me, an amateur genealogist said that.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by josephine]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well, i can see SOMEONE didn't look at any of the links.

Thats okay though, truth hurts, i understand.

You talk about Obama setting in the church while Rev. Wright preaches anti-American non-sense

Hmm, i wonder

have you ever read this post of mine in another thread. I link to it because its relevant to our discussion about Obama's association with Wright

Read this if your ego will allow you to

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

why do you say his mothers ancestors likely owned slaves?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Let's not forget the Liberal L.A. Times that started "Barack the Magic Negro" deal.

www.latimes.com...

He's there to assuage white "guilt" (i.e., the minimal discomfort they feel) over the role of slavery and racial segregation in American history, while replacing stereotypes of a dangerous, highly sexualized black man with a benign figure for whom interracial sexual congress holds no interest.

BTW I read the article on Rush Limbaugh and that is nothing but distortion.

[edit on 5-7-2008 by RRconservative]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by josephine

Because they say "suprise!!! Obamas ancestors owned slaves"

I say " why is it a suprise? Obamas mother was white. The chances that her ancestors owend slaves are high"

How is that surprising?
LOTS of white people back in colonial days owned slaves.

The chances that her ancestors owned slaves is high.

edit: you figured it out

[edit on 7/5/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

What *i* think is that you keep avoiding the facts, and accusing me of white guilt.
Thats okay though - your bull-headed ignorance of the truth says everything i need to knwo about you.

My post is about people attacking obama on his race

stick to the topic, or tuck tail and run

either way, knock off the trolling

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The career politician will be equally corrupted regardless of race.

Is Obama really black?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hi Andrew, can you point out some specifics where these people you speak of are racial biggots?

In other words, what have they said that make them racist towards Obama?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Hi Andrew, can you point out some specifics where these people you speak of are racial biggots?

In other words, what have they said that make them racist towards Obama?

sure

go read any of the links supplied in This thread

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Thanks Andrew, I don't see anything with regard to those links that would indicate racism on their behalf.

You did give one link citing certain blogs, but there are always going to be those types of extremist blogs out there no matter what the topic or person.

So, taking a population sample (or a sample of the general population), do you think any ATS members are racist? If so, why? Where would this be indicated by their statements?

Isn't it true that many men were "racist" towards Hillary because she is a woman?

Do you think the majority of those not supporting Obama are racist and this is why they do not support him?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

i find it ridiculous that these are the anti obama issues that the obama lovers continue to want to address.

why not post up something addressing the real issues that ppl have w/ him.

expansion of gov't, taking citizens hard earned money to spread out amongst the ppl, expanding vague laws that can be used against the citizens, erasing individuality, poking his nose into private businesses and the private lives of ppl, tightening control all around on our lives.

why not address these issues if you think the issues you all keep confronting are ridiculous?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

I think part of the problem addressing the issues people have with Obama is that so many of them are contradictory... At the start of the race he "wasn't black enough" then he became "radical black supremist"... he was a "lightweight who would get slaughtered by the Repulican machine" then he became a "ruthless politician who'll do anything to win"... he was a muslim then he was a radical-christian... he was too liberal then he became too centrist. When the anti-Obama crowd decide on what they're issue is with him and stop throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks, then we'll start discussing it.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

expansion of gov't, taking citizens hard earned money to spread out amongst the ppl,

By "taking citizens hard earned money" I assume you mean his plan to repeal the tax cuts for the top 3% income and roll it back to what they paid in 1999 when our economy actually worked. The Bush administration "expanded government" more than any Democrat has since the New Deal, so it's kind of laughable throwing that tired ol' log on the fire this year.

expanding vague laws that can be used against the citizens,

Like his opposition to wiretapping? Again, it takes some huftspa to charge a Democrat with expanding vague laws in the midst of what the Bush administration has done the past 8 years.

erasing individuality, poking his nose into private businesses and the private lives of ppl, tightening control all around on our lives.

Bush has done more to attack the civil liberties of individuals than any President in history, and you're kidding yourself if you think McCain isn't going to fall right in line with the same policies. We're at a time where Corporations have run over the individual (i.e. Enron, Credit Card Companies, Telecom Companies, Subprime Mortgage Lenders, Payday Lenders) and I don't think it's "Marxist" to hold them accountable for shady actions and protect the hard working citizens.

If you posted these examples as an ironic satire, then I apologize for being so obtuse, but honestly if those are the best issues someone can come up with against Obama this year, then he's a shoe in this November.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Hey Andrew, great post. I just did a podcast on racism this morning and I do mention the Obama quote that he made about his grandmother being
"A typical white woman", if you or anyone who reads this is interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
justamomma:

We have. Many of us 'obama supporters' have created MANY threads about why we like obama, regardless of race/religion/etc

but everyone ignores them. People want to see mud slinging, so the only REAL way you can get your message across is to sling mud, so it seems.

When in Rome....do as the romans do.

It seems to me (and i apologize if im wrong) that the majority of the visitors to the decision 2008 forum are anti-obama, for one reason or another.

Anti-obama people say "this isnt about race" ... well maybe not for that individual person its not.

Jetx clearly shows that for him, it is. He brings it up all the time, especially in this very thread.

So. I start a thread giving you ample exampels of how it IS about race. Lots of people mak eit about race.

Karl Rove and Ralph Nader are not 'bloggers' they are well-known politicians making these comments that i've pointed out that get ignored by 'right wingers' alike.

So, i say again. If you want to read about why i like obama, go look around in the decision 2008 forum. There's more than enough posts as to why. You'll find that quite a few are started by me. Im not the only one....but you can also do a search for the "words"

wiggin
obama

you'll find everything you want to see.

Why did i start this thread?
Because its the only way you'll read what people have to say. People's hatred for Obama blinds them from the truth, and only by speaking THEIR language, can i hope to get through to some of them.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The links here are more pathetic than the "evidence" Uri geller supporters try to use.
Lets review shall we?
link 1
The ramblings of a media whore who was actually making a good point. How many people have you heard state, outright, that they are voting for obama because "its time for a black president" rather than because of Obama's stances?
Link 2
Anoymous comments on an anonymous blog. We're talking journalistic integrity on a Dan Rather level here.
Link 3
Unssupported anecdotes of "rasicm" From OBAMA DISCIPLES?
link 4
A story about RUMORS. Not a single fact in the entire piece.

And so on and so on.
Oh and I really like how someone spray painting the words "a racist" on some guys vans is now a "racial attack"

Son that was so patehtic not even MSNBC would buy that story.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
funny how, after a second time of bringing it up on my part

you avoid the comments made by ralph nader, rush limbaugh, and karl rove

it seems you have a racist agenda yourself

While i do wish you the best in your question to rid yourself of this problem, i cannot continue to discuss it with you, because you're not interested in discussion, only trolling.

I've learned one thing:

Ignore Trolls.

Have fun talking to yourself, because im not listening anymore

if you change your mind and want to discuss Karl Rove, Rush Limbaugh, and Ralph Naders racist remarks of Obama, send me a u2u.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join