It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this, outside my window every night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Hey guys, I made an account on youtube to post anything that i catch on video.

Every night I see a big light in the sky in the same spot and it never moves. I know that i can say its a star but its bigger and this thing glares. Now I'm NOT saying its a U.F.O, but I just want to know what it is. It could be a bigger star then all the others but I'm not sure though. I know one thing FOR SURE, its not a jet or plane because those pass by my house all the time and they all have big flashing lights on them and move across the sky.

P.S: Sorry for the shaky camera because I was leaning on my chair, next time i try to use my tripod.

Last night I decided to film it and see what you guys think.

Here is the link to the video:

ca.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think it's jupiter, right now jupiter is very bright, and people have reported seeing it all over the world on this forum.

It's outside my window everynight too hehe.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yep, could easily be Jupiter or Venus

Nothing to panic about

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
looks like either a star or a planet, if you have binoculars or a telescope get a closer look at it. Check out hubblesite.org... there is a section for stargazers called Watch:tonights sky. It is an excellent reference to the different stars and planets in various parts of the hemisphere. I am sure you may find your answere there.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I think it's jupiter, right now jupiter is very bright, and people have reported seeing it all over the world on this forum.

It's outside my window everynight yoo hehe.

If it was Jupiter would it not move location in the sky ?

The OP says it never moves therefore surely it can't be a star or planet as they would move around the sky ?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The OP says it does not move, but maybe he simply does not notice it move, maybe he check's it the same time every night therefore it would be in the same area.

I see this bright object which I assume to be jupiter everynight, over time I can tell it has moved, because I have a tree to give me perspective.

To the OP, check tonight, and then check 2 hours later, if it hasn't moved, then it is not a planet.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
oh damn..I had the same experience everytime I look into the sky there is these bright lights(thousands) that dont seem to move, and they are there every single night wtf??!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ckrules
I know one thing FOR SURE, its not a jet or plane because those pass by my house all the time and they all have big flashing lights on them and move across the sky.

Thank you for clarifying this, I've been getting cars and planes confused lately. Couldn't remember witch ones moved across the sky.

[P.S: Sorry for the shaky camera because I was leaning on my chair, next time i try to use my tripod.

Can't wait!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Ya, you guys are right. The time is 10:44 pm and I just looked outside my window and I can see that the bright object moved a bit to the right, so I'm thinking that it is a planet like venus or something.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ckrules

Good work, thanks for keeping us updated.

If you want go to this website www.stellarium.org... and download their really great program, where you can basically figure out what planet it is.

Make sure you choose your location by clicking the configuration button and then location click the area you live in. And enjoy learning the wonders of all the planets galaxies and stars.

You can zoom in on planets or galaxies with the wheel on your mouse.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Ok, awsome, I will check this out and do it for sure.

Thanks phoenix!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Its Jupiter, if you have a telescope, look at it. You can see Jupiter and 4 of its moons.

top topics

join