It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Flashes in the night sky ,what are they,and have you seen them?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I have seen This happen As well, Twice i have Gotten out Of Bed at aprox
3 Am (for Water) The night Sky Lit Up As if a Bolt Of lightning Flashed, I
Waited For the thunder but it Never Came. I Have no idea What It was.
It Was freaky

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
As I government official I offer these explanations: possibly my ass gas
swamp gas
or cow gas or RCs with bright LEDs on them or, Venus. Hey: at least we're admitting other possibilities now.

Update:

Some aliens just walked up to me and told me they too are seeing lights in the sky, and that it's due to reflections of street lamps off my fat Vaseline covered cheeks. Talk about RUDE!

[edit on 9-2-2010 by fat_frank]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I To have saw this, Very strange it was on for not even a second it coverd some of the sky, Ive saw it once when i was out with my mates at around 1am,
Please could someone help me clarify this strange light>?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Two nights ago I saw a couple of flashes in the sky. I have a view of the harbour from my kitchen window. It was about 3am and very foggy outside, the temperature was ±0 celsius. As I looked out the window there was bright flash about 100m up in the air just above the harbour. Then a couple of seconds later there was another one maybe 200m to the east. There was no thunder just a couple of really bright flashes. It was most likely lightning but I was really puzzled when I saw it.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I've had a similar experience however I was not outside when the flashing occurred.

Now obviously this was at night so that's cleared up right there, anyway I was having trouble getting to sleep so my eyes were open still however my bedroom curtains drawn.

Anyway, an immense flash (not lasting long, a couple of seconds at most) pierced right from my curtains.. now obviously disturbed by this I went to look outside for anything out of the ordinary, absolutely nothing.

At first.. I thought maybe it was a meteor as they've been known to light up the entire sky.. however there was nothing reported in my local news paper or anything for that matter.

Whatever it was.. I had trouble sleeping that night.

[edit on 11/23/2009 by diamount]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Last night I was driving home at approx 9:30 pm EST (in Northern Indiana) when I thought a cop had turned a light on me. I looked around and there was no cop and no cars around (I live in the countryside.) The flash was gone in an instant and seemed like a camera flash. I looked at the sky and the stars were brightly shining. I continued driving, and another flash occurred and I thought maybe it was lightening. So I stopped in the road and looked around...and nothing was there. However, my car radio had been on...and changed to another station all by itself (but still showed the same radio channel on the digital readout)...and then was all static. I tried to call my daughter at home, and the cell phone rang once...and then was disconnected and then wouldn't go through. I contintued to drive...half scared...home. But kept a close watch on my rear view mirror. A third flash occurred in my rear view mirror. It was NOT high in the night sky, but was very low and on the horizon. Looked like a bomb explosion (only seen on TV.) It was very instaneous and only lasted for a brief moment. Someone should be taking this seriously, and someone somewhere...should be knowing what these flashes were!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Not saying this is it but 3/4 of the way down this link it talks about the increase we are having of meteors and the signs they produce. Loud Booms which people have posted here with news links to back it up and flashes of light etc...
comingearthchanges.phpbb3now.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Glad there was already a thread on this topic. I'm down in Florida, and I saw one high in the north sky, just under Polaris, 10:05 pm. In my years in the area I've seen just about everything imaginable in the night sky, but this was definitely new to me. All I can describe it as, is like a bright camera flash bulb going off. I feel lucky I had happened to be looking right in the direction it occurred!
Not sure what it was, possibly a small meteor incinerating upon impact with the atmosphere, but it was unlike anything I have seen before. Very interesting!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

The flash was gone in an instant and seemed like a camera flash. I looked at the sky and the stars were brightly shining. I continued driving, and another flash occurred and I thought maybe it was lightening. So I stopped in the road and looked around...and nothing was there. However, my car radio had been on...and changed to another station all by itself (but still showed the same radio channel on the digital readout)...and then was all static.

X-Files "pilot" episode - exact same thing happened. Did you experience any time loss...?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yes i have seen these flashes and could not think of a reason and have been trying to work it out .I'm on East coast of Australia and last week we had a very clear cool night.I was outside watching the sky and then a flash from ground level in the distance and a few minutes later another then about 5 or 6 in a row in quick succession .Not lightning ,sky was clear, no storms on radar.Very much like a camera flash only it lit up most of sky in front of me.No sound ,could have been to far away.Very strange and exciting.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I am not sure if I believe in the whole UFO thing, but a similar incident happened to me this past Sunday night. My dogs started growling and barking which is normally due to someone being at the door. So, I went to look outside. Nobody was outside. I also went out to smoke. As I was standing outside, the whole sky lit up in a very brief half a second. It was a red color.

The flash came from behind me, I turned around looking for the source - thinking maybe it was a silent siren coming down from the street. I also waited for thunder, when I looked up, it was a clear night, no thunder. I turned back around thinking "well .. that was strange" when miles and miles away, another portion of the sky lit up with the same reddish color for just a brief half second.

I have seen heat lightning before, what I saw was NOT heat lightning. It was definitely something else and I have no idea what it was.

It was exactly like a camera flash as described in prior posts, except the only difference was it was red.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
In responce to Taifa,and Space cadet. I found your respoces on google by asking "what am I seeing in the night sky". I was delighted to see your posts.I too have seen these flashes,they seem to come in twos . early this morning 3ish7/30/10, I was looking for early perseides , and saw these camera strobe type flashes in the clear sky. This is about the 3rd or 4th time I've seen this ,Once last year ,but I convinced myself they were lightingbugs, but last night convinced me otherwise. I saw two strobe like flashes out as far as the satellites seemed to be. It was not a meteor,plane, jet, satellite ,lighting,lightingbug or swamp gas.they left no ionization trail like a meteor and were very short in duration,like two camera flashes a second or so apart. I would really like to know what I saw for sure,not an opinion, but a true answer.???

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hdsprocket

The only answer that may fit the bill is " zero point meteors" Theses are meteors that because they come head on so to speak don't look like a firework going across the sky but instead just look like a flash as they come head on and then burn up quickly. This is the only explanation for what i have witnesses that does make some sense.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Hi
I am from pakistan , Lahore city , i have seen these flashes many time and tonight i became very curious about , because i am seeing them very often , some times they occur on after another sometimes hours apart , i almost observe them every night , i have searched the web but could not find any explanation .

My hunch is about some satellite activity some sort of wave bombardment from satellites or may be something similar HARP project , lot of people in this thread are much acquainted with meteorology if you could plz forward some solid explanation about it .

next i am going to note exact timing and then we can compare it , if somebody from similar time zone or latitude observed it , that way we ascertain that either it is really and atmospheric phenomenon like meteorites or isolated to particular region

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Hello everyone. I've been lurking this forum for about a year now and just decided to make an account to share this. Yesterday 10/31/10 at 10:00pm i looked out of my window and saw a huge white flash that i first thought was a camera flash. But this flash was too bright to be from a camera. It covered the entire huge parking lot of my apartment complex and the roofs of the garages. I thought nothing of it because it was so fast, but a few minutes ago 11/1/10 at 4:50am i peeked outside of my window and immediately saw two fast flashes just like the one from before. They were just as bright and just came from directly above. I just thought i should write this here incase someone in my area noticed the same strange thing. I'm located in Central New Jersey, but I'd rather not say the exact town..

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hello,

Didn't know where to go with this. So i am posting here. Will be as detailed as possible. Tonight, I was warming up my car and stayed outside to star gaze a little. It was between 9 and 9:30pm local time. I am on the east coast in New Jersey. I was looking at Orion. Halfway between the middle star of Orion's belt and The star almost directly above that star I noticed a flash, not a twinkle. A flash as described in other posts here in this thread. As best I can tell the flash occured every minute or two. I watched for about 5 minutes before I went and told my brother. He came out and saw the same thing. We watched for about 5 more minutes. The interval between the flashing did start to slow and the intensity of flashes started to become random. I left and returned home about an hour later. 10:30pm local, I went back outside and looked back at Orion, which had shifted in the night sky at this point. It was in the west originally and shifted north/right a bit. I looked at were I saw the flashes originally to see if they were still there, to my surprise, the flash was in the same exact place, I mean it was to the left of Orion. the flash occured again where Orion was and almost at the same spot it was between the 2 stars I mentioned earlier. Altitude I would say was at, what I would call average satellite orbit. I don't think it was a plane or it's anticollision/position lights. Was it a satelitte, the International Space Station, or maybe just a star? I am sure my brother nor I, are not suffering from autokinesis or the like. As best I can tell the flashes remained in the same exact spot in the sky. The stars continued to move naturally. It was very strange. So what was it? Any ideas? Just wanted to add that it apears that Orion was moving north and evidently below the horizon.
edit on 28-3-2011 by jerzeyblue because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2011 by jerzeyblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
hi. i've been lurking for years and had an old account but forgot the pw. i can't post a thread because i only have four posts.. anyways.. i want to share an experience that happened to my friend and i about 6 years ago, i'm 23 now, so is he.

i met a girl on myspace, picked her up with my friend, and met two other friends at my friend's grandma's unoccupied house. to this day i don't remember where it is.. i live in LA county and it was some where off the freeway. off the 5 south.. i wasn't driving or had my license at the time, my friend was. we hung out in the garage of this house. afterwards we decided to go home and part ways, we dropped off the girl i met on myspace and were on our way to my friend's house.. it was around 1 am at this time. our 2 friends who we left at the house because they drove separately called us and said they couldn't find their keys.. they searched extensively to no avail. so we had no choice but to pick them up but had to check in with my friend's mom because we were under age at the time and let them know. so we did and went on our way to pick up our friends.. by this time it was almost 2 am.. the destination was about 30-40 minutes away.

here's where the strange thing happens.. looking back, i remember it was completely silent.. no other car in sight.. no nothing.. and obviously this is most likely due to the fact it was almost 2 am.. but looking back it's just something i remember.. it was eerily silent in retrospect.

anyways, the exit on the freeway showed up, i remember vividly us taking the exit, going up a slight hill and pulling up to an intersection stop light right off the freeway ramp. to the left was where the freeway kept going, and beyond there were some mountains miles and miles away.. so we were at this stop light.. thinking nothing of anything.. just waiting for it to turn green.

all the sudden, a humongous flash happened.. like someone built a thousand foot papparazi camera and snapped a shot of us in the car. the flash enveloped everyting in my vision, and was as close as close can be. the flash made everything go blank for a split second like a normal camera flash would, but it was extremely bright and close. looking back, it seems like the flash came from the top left corner of my vision, but when it happened it was everywhere at once.

it all lasted a split second. but with the huge flash was a simultaneous "BOOM" FEELING that we both felt. like being close to a really loud bass speaker at a club. it happened simultaneously with the flash and also lasted a split second. just imagine a large bass noise you feel in your chest. the weird thing is.. all within this split second, both me and my friend reacted the EXACT same. we both clutched our chests and yelled out OH MY GOD.. or OH.. i can't remember quite, but all i know is at the exact time of the flash and feeling we both started panicking and yelling, automatically followed by a "DID YOU JUST SEE THAT, DID YOU FEEL THAT!?!" it was all so freaking strange. to this day i would even brush it off if it wasn't for the fact how we both reacted at the same time feeling/seeing the same thing at this stop light completely void of all life.

god i will never find out what that was. so inexplicable.. i just dont understand and we still talk about it to this day. he will tell you the same thing i did. we reacted and panicked at the same time.

on this site i managed to come across two threads of people experiencing some large flash.. so i'm really wondering if there's any correlation. i don't remember if i checked the time but i don't think i checked.. i think we were way too flustered and so absolutely frightened that we didn't check if there was a time slip or anything.

we then proceeded to pick up our friends and told them what happened. i will never forget what happened. i dont know what it was. and i dont think i ever will.. if anyone has any information on similar experiences please inform me, thank you

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
i'd also like to add.. as i mentioned a feeling accompanying the flash.. the feeling felt really deep in my chest. my friend describes the same.. you could almost 'hear' the noise but it was absolutely silent when it happened. the boom was just so distinct and made us WEAK for that split second, but you could almost hear it. i dont know how to explain this.

when it happened there was no noise.. the flash had no noise.. but the bass like feeling was accompanied by a very vague sound inside of my head.. like a BOOOOOOMMMMM.. i cant explain it. but it wasn't an external sound almost..

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
A week or so before while i was smoking at about ~4h in the morning i saw a very slow flash/blink.
About a second to reach its peak brightness and a second to fade. I kept watching the same part of the sky and there was another flash in a few second. Few days later i saw one flash again.
I've seen sattelites use their manouvering thrusters but that was clearly not it. The flash was very bright.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
yes, Iridium Flare. I saw one of these years ago and was a bit freaked out, so I inquired at spaceweather.com this is a reflection of light on the solar panels or the body of the satelite. The iridium refers to a communication satelite configuration (I assume)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join