It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Flashes in the night sky ,what are they,and have you seen them?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I've been swing this now for two weeks straight every night around 9pm.This is the thing I recently moved across town about 10 miles this was a week ago but I am still swing this flash (RIGHT ABOVE ME)so last night I bought binoculars right as rain this thing started flashing I couldn't make out the shape of it clearly but I followed it you could faintly see through the binoculars a dim light that stays on but you can't see this with naked eye so as I was following this????? Thing it flashed another time then it dimmed and then it just stopped in it's tracks!!!no bs I'm serious.It didn't flash or move again just looked like any other star in the sky.I know what a satellite looks like and how it acts this is NOT a satellite,plan,meteor or anything else.I am baffled.it got late and this object was still there so I needed to go to sleep for work today.If you have binoculars follow this thing see what it does.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I live in the south eastern USA and I have seen these lighting like lights in the sky as well every night that I walk outside after 9 or so. There are no clouds anywhere that I can see and the stars are shinning brightly. No sound. no apparent streaks of lighting...just like a huge camera flash. I am going to continue to go outside at night and keep looking up.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I once had a UFO sighting of an orange/red fireball and meanwhile there were strange flashes of light in the sky. There were no clouds, the sky was totally impeccable. a reply to: tarifa37

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Around 6:10pm CT on 17Nov2017 there was a light mist coming down. It was very dark then all of the sudden the entire night sky lit up blue-ish white, just like a gigantic flash bulb had gone off. No sound. The flash was so bright it was like day for 1 second then pitch black again. This was about 15 miles East of Madison, WI. I didn’t see this happen again all night.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: tarifa37

About a week ago at about 11pm I was looking at the night sky from my garden and out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw a flash then another right above at 12 oclock in the sky.I thought this was strange but did not think much more about it as did not get a direct look. That was untill last night 3/07/08 at 11pm very clear sky.I was laying on my back looking at the at stars when it happened again.This time there was no doubt it was directly above .Four distinct flashes of light just like seeing a camera flash from a distance all within a few seconds. They all flashed in the same area of sky but not close enough to be one object . Has anyone else seen this happen? Has anyone got a logical answer. Cheers Tarifa37

guys!! this might be an explanation for at least some of the sightings that have been reported here and in other threads!!
Which i myself have also witnessed.
Maybe a reflection of sunlight from some parts of these satellites as they tumble through space - and thus creating the flashes

This Thread currently live on ATS.

Spectacular on-board footage of India's PSLV 40C rocket releasing 31 satellites in orbit today.

edit on 13-1-2018 by marceldp1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The flashes you are seeing aren’t Indium Satellites, or any UFO. In fact, they are most likely just meteors. Many small meteors enter the Earth’s atmosphere every day and night. While instead of simply just burning up, the bigger meteors explode when entering the Mesosphere. The meteor is far too high up to be heard, and can only be seen at night, since it’s too bright during the day time.

posted on Feb, 18 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

About a week ago at about 11pm I was looking at the night sky from my garden and out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw a flash then another right above at 12 oclock in the sky.I thought this was strange but did not think much more about it as did not get a direct look. That was untill last night 3/07/08 at 11pm very clear sky.I was laying on my back looking at the at stars when it happened again.This time there was no doubt it was directly above .Four distinct flashes of light just like seeing a camera flash from a distance all within a few seconds. They all flashed in the same area of sky but not close enough to be one object . Has anyone else seen this happen? Has anyone got a logical answer. Cheers Tarifa37

Everyone said it was heat lightning.

I even think of that when I see it now.

Hell if I know why.

Coming from over the horizon on a cloudless night?

Or wherever.

I've seen it for decades.

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tarifa37

I've seen them, but I dismissed them as my eyes doing funny things.
Then, my wife saw one, and I had to wonder and rethink what I have been seeing.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
12/3/18 11:23. I was just walking back from work and saw about 4 flashes in the sky but it was cloudy. Each flash a was brief and only small area of sky light up.
I have also experienced this last year and these flashes went on for about 4 hours on night? Still no explanation. No thunder either...very strange.
Edd, Lewisham (London)

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Iridium flashes happen just after sunset till the earth blocks the sun from them. An hour maybe two.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
How about a purple flash? Anyone else seen those? It was a mid winter night four years ago in Finland when me and my girlfriend were walking the dog in the woods near our house when it happened. For a second everything turned purple like a purple camera flash had gone off right above us. We both stopped walking and looked at each other and were freaked out but the dog did not seem to mind. The night sky was clear and the stars were visible and the temperature was about minus 25 degrees. Any ideas what it might have been that causes a bright purple flash in the sky that reminds of a camera flash? For a second the night turned into a day and it was like we were walking in a purple daylight. There was no sound coming from the sky when it happened. It was really weird and I will never forget it. Thanks for letting me share my story!
edit on 12-3-2018 by Prowler77 because: Grammar

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantChapman

makes sense!! it is exactly like an explosion - big enough to be seen but not big enough to make a streak/tail.
edit on 14-3-2018 by marceldp1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: marceldp1

guys!! this might be an explanation for at least some of the sightings that have been reported here and in other threads!!
Which i myself have also witnessed.
Maybe a reflection of sunlight from some parts of these satellites as they tumble through space - and thus creating the flashes

Actually, not satellites, but space junk is what causes these type of flashes in most cases in my experience, although satellites can also sometimes be the cause (usually not so much a fast flash as a short flare though), and meteors can also be the cause, although it's rare to catch one. I've specialized in photographing/observing meteors for nearly 20 years now, so I have a fair bit of experience with those, and they go hand in hand with satellites/junk. You can't observe one without the other!

As of July 2013, more than 170 million debris smaller than 1 cm (0.4 in), about 670,000 debris 1–10 cm, and around 29,000 larger debris were estimated to be in orbit.

Source: wikipedia

I also have observed flashes exactly as the OP describes in your quote on numerous occasions. Not only that, but I also photographed and identified these flashes as being caused orbiting junk in many cases. It's not hard to do with a fairly basic and inexpensive DSLR setup as I have shown how to do here:

How to view, track, and identify satellites

Note that although the software I used there is no longer around today, the satellite plugin in Sellarium can be used to identify junk or satellites just as effectively. Unfortunately many of the images from that thread have since disappeared, and I have no way to restore them (although I still have them).

I'm sure I posted this (or similar) earlier on in this thread, but for some reason people still want to carry on believing that there is a mystery here. It's really not that hard to photograph and identify such flashes, but no one seems to want to, although there are plenty who want to know what they have seen. As they say, you can lead a horse to water..

Also, there are people here getting their types of flashes mixed up. What the OP described was a very localized flash. NO mention of flashes that light up the surroundings and/or clouds, which is the opposite of a "distant camera flash".

Flashes which light up the surroundings/clouds/etc (ie. NOT a localized flash as described above) can be caused by things like lightning, bright meteors/fireballs/bolides, and electrical transformer failures, but those are not the kind of flashes the OP was describing. Unfortunately people are posting them on this thread and confusing the issue more.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Last night me and my friend went out to walk his dogs. I went out first i heard loud booms like really loud cannon shots coming from the sky. I looked up & the sky was bright white. My friend came out and grabbed me back & said look. I looked up and saw this huge cloud over the apartments. Inside the cloudin the four corners of it were huge lights that sporadically flashing bright white with a pink hue. Around this cloud you could see a red line outlined it. Like it had its own atmosphere. There were like 20 loud ass booms repetitive. It lasted for about 45 seconds then it seemed to suck itself into itself. And dissapear. It was the strangest thing ive ever seen. I cannot find any explanation for it. People have heard maybe 1 or 2 booms with a flash of light. I really would love an explanation. I would think i was going crazy if my friend hadnt seen it too. He describes it as 4 UFO's shooting at each other. I believe their are others out there. I believe they manipulate the weather to cloak themselves. But recent activity; the trumpet sounds, booms, strange flashes of light, more sightings in the last few years then ever reported. Why wont the government address these issues. We have a right to know. Obviously the 3rd world war is where we least expect it. I think its time for Trump to address these phenomenas. Please if anyone has substantial theories please share. The things ive seen and read searching for answers has me holding my children tight. They say there are 13 known extraterrestrials.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Oh yeah, the flashing lights in the night sky. That comes from me when I am sleepy and look at the sky at night. That is the actual truth. At night time when I get sleepy and go around bright flashing lights come out of my eyes. Trust me that is not from aliens. They don't have super natural power. I am God Jehovah. My power comes from out of nowhere. Heavenly Father's power is seen in creation. The balls of light coming down are my angelic ministers. Maybe when I am asleep it flashes the night sky too. I also puff up the moon with light sometimes and I can make light bulbs and what not flash. If you are lucky enough you might see golden pixie dust at night as a spec coming from me too
edit on 17-8-2021 by Jayhoovah because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-8-2021 by Jayhoovah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join