It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ernst Zundel and the Holocaust

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Political kidnapping to end with Canadian deportation
At the public proceeding, Zundel was told literally hundreds of times, when he asked for specific evidence of the case against him, that there was “nothing in the unclassified materials”. He was repeatedly blocked from asking questions of witnesses on the basis of “national security”.

The presiding judge made repeated serious errors, forgot submissions and repeatedly misstated the appropriate legal test about what evidence should be kept secret. The same judge then evaluated the secret evidence.

Zundel complained of reasonable apprehension of bias by that judge. The same judge rejected those argument and later ordered him deported.

The Federal Court of Appeal rejected his appeal regarding bias. It appears that the Crown will not wait to see whether the Supreme Court of Canada will hear the further appeal Zundel has already filed on the bias issue. Instead, the Crown will deport him NOW.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well it looks like Ernst finally got his ass deported after 2 years in jail. Just thought I'd update this old thread with some fresh info.

[edit on 2-3-2005 by Ocelot]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

German Police Arrest Ernst Zundel
FRANKFURT, GERMANY -- (OfficialWire) -- 03/02/05 -- German police arrested Ernst Zundel Tuesday evening, immediately upon his arrival at the Frankfurt airport. The specially chartered plane left Toronto Canada in a fierce snow-storm and landed just after 10 p.m. (local time).

German authorities took Zundel into custody on charges that he had publicly denied the Holocaust, which is illegal in that country. Apparently the allegations relate to a website "ZundelSite", located on the Internet at www.zundelsite.org because Zundel has not physically been in Germany for many years.

Zundel had been held for more than two years in Canada, under a national security certificate, which allows indefinite detention on secret evidence without charge or trial.

With no criminal record in Canada and having lived there from 1958 to 2000, Ernst Zundel, 65, was held in solitary confinement after he was returned to Canada in what many people have described as a political kidnapping by U.S. authorities in Tennessee, where he had been living with his American wife.

For 42 years, Zundel has vigorously defended his freedom of expression within the Canadian justice system to no avail.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Them Germans didn't waste any time did they. I wonder what will become of Mr. Zundel now that the germans are going to charge him. Im curious to see how far they'll take this.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken (I will need to look them up to be sure), Ocelot, but there are German laws that have been enforce since the end of WWII that forbid the denying or trivializing of the Holocaust, or something to that degree. And again, if I am not mistaken, that is why Mr. Zundel originally fled to Canada. As to what a/the sentence would be, once he goes on trial, I am not sure.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
He is being held under laws and processes that have been enacted since 911 (Patriot Act Lite) and the controversy stems from the use of these laws and the governments secret case against him.

I just wanted to clear something up. The national security certificates were not in response to 9-11. They have been in place since 1991. The use has just been expanded since then.

It's an easy mistake to make, and one I made myself until I clued in one day that the dates some people were arrested on under certificates was before 9-11.

Certificates, as instruments for removing inadmissible permanent residents and foreign nationals who pose a threat to the security of Canada, have been available under Canadian immigration legislation since 1991.

Certificates Under The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA)

And once again, before anyone asks, I oppose certificates on principle. Anyone accused of a crime should have access to the evidence and claims made against him.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
If I am not mistaken (I will need to look them up to be sure), Ocelot, but there are German laws that have been enforce since the end of WWII that forbid the denying or trivializing of the Holocaust, or something to that degree. And again, if I am not mistaken, that is why Mr. Zundel originally fled to Canada. As to what a/the sentence would be, once he goes on trial, I am not sure.

yes seeker there are indeed laws in Germany relating to what you said. I just find it rather stupid that a man is being persecuted for having a belief. I mean we're in the 21st century and this crap is still going on. I swear the human race might as well still be stuck in the middle ages.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I would support a trial if this person could be linked to war crimes but that doesn't seem to be the case -- is just being persecuted for having unpopular (albeit untrue) beliefs. He is no clear and present danger to anyone.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I would support a trial if this person could be linked to war crimes but that doesn't seem to be the case -- is just being persecuted for having unpopular (albeit untrue) beliefs. He is no clear and present danger to anyone.

Exactly my point. This man has committed no crime other than believing something other people don't. Plain and simple. You and I may not agree with it but that doesnt mean this man should go to jail over it.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Zundel had more right to remain on U.S. soil than Canadian soil and should not have been re-admitted when the U.S. presented him at Canadian immigration in 2003. Zundel, having left Canada for more than six months, lost his permanent residency status in 2000 or 2001. We were well rid of him then and it should have remained that way. All he has done is spread hate and cost us millions of taxpayers dollars. He is a stain on humanity.

His is married to an American citizen and should have remained in the U.S. Failing that, the U.S. should have deported him directly to Germany and not to Canada.

Canadian Immigration FAQs

(A) All permanent residents may leave and re-enter Canada as often as they wish as long as they spend less than six months in any 12-month period outside Canada. If permanent residents are out of Canada for more than six months in any 12-month period, they will require a Returning Resident Permit to re-enter Canada. While such permits can be applied for either in Canada or overseas, they can only be applied for after you have become a permanent resident.

[edit on 2/3/05 by AlwaysLearning]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join