It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First five minutes of NEW Batman movie SWEET!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Either an Illegal release or great marketing!!!! Watch it HERE

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
That was KEWL!!!
I ran to get my son to watch it too!
Awesome! I can't wait!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
i just messed my pants! cant wait 2 weeks to see it ! DAMN!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I feel ya, I had the pleasure of meeting Heath Ledger before he died. I cannot wait to see this, for his performance alone. I hear it is SICK!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
this movie is gona be awsome i can feel it, wheres that delorian when u need it arrggg

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Damn, I missed it before it was removed.
Youtube doesn't seem to have it either.
Nevermind, Can't wait for this movie, Loved the first.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

watched it at the start of Hancock at the cinema
looks cool and cant wait for it

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I don't know if i want to watch this actually.
I just can't wait to see the movie at all and I don't want to spoil it even a little.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I have been excited about the release of this movie for a while now. Comcast cable has been releasing faux news clips called ‘Gotham Tonight’ to sort of build the upcoming story line. Aside from Eric Roberts lame overacting as Salvatore Maroni, all of the characters I have seen thus far are deep and very well defined. I have also been bumping around on the Gotham Cable News website to gain more info on the story. I know, I’m a huge dork.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Check out the batpod in attack. I love the part when Batman comes out of the alley. That is something you don't see in any movie like that.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I didn't see the link, it was removed, but the first six minutes of movie is on the Blu-ray of 'Batman Begins'.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Check out the batpod in attack. I love the part when Batman comes out of the alley. That is something you don't see in any movie like that.

The vehicles look really crap in the new Batman films, while the films are actually great and feel like a Batman film the look of the vehicles really lets them down as they look like things you'd expect Batman to have, the original Batman movie had the best looking bat mobile

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Originally posted by deltaboy

The vehicles look really crap in the new Batman films, while the films are actually great and feel like a Batman film the look of the vehicles really lets them down as they look like things you'd expect Batman to have, the original Batman movie had the best looking bat mobile

When have you ever seen a motorbike that can spin it's wheels end over end like that Batpod?

The way I see it they're bringing Batman into the real world with these vehicles, the older bat mobile does look strange and it was never exactly practical, was it?
This Tank thing he has is all terrain, thats all he really needs in a vehicle, not a formula-1 style car that would do so well driving over roof tops.

You say crap, I say realistic approach...

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Yet there's no need for a realistic approach in a fantasy world is there, I mean why go for realism when you have the likes of 2 Face, The Riddler, The Iceman and The Joker wandering about not to forget all the other characters that could be added in future films.

The original Batmobile was a personification of Batman Dark & Gothic and scary yet aerodynamic just like a Bat! This new incarnation is just a monstrosity and just doesn't look Batman like at all.

Don't get me wrong everything else is great but the vehicles just don't scream out to me "Batman" when I see them. Realism or not the movie is supposed to capture the Batman image like in the comics and the vehicles lack the feeling like everything else has, in my eyes they went too Hollywood on the vehicles

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ok I can't disagree there, (I haven't seen the entire film yet, just so you know). Yes it should capture the image of the comics but the reason I love the realistic appraoch is becasue of what happened with Batman forever and Batman and Robin, They were too Neon and cheese.
Batman should be a badass mofo and not a sex symbol.

I thought before this film came out that they might have had him wreck the "Tank thing" and then he builds or aquires something that resembles the Batmobile more.
But I also love this all terrain tank thing, it sets it more in a real world (Which I like).

The fact that these vehicles actually work like they do in the films (Maybe they don't fire missiles and stuff, but they actually drive and the Bike actually spins it's wheels like that) is just genius.

The Joker and the Riddler are just plain psychos and Two face has a grudge on the world because he has been permenantly scarred and can't fit in anywere, these are very real world traits IMO. I doubt very much Nolan will do an Iceman, well thats my hope anyway.

Edit: I might be missinformed of the Batpod's wheels working like they do on screen, correct me if i'm wrong, please. But it does definatly drive without having to be towed.

[edit on 23-7-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Totally agree with you on those Batman films I think they went for the approach to attract kids in order to get more cash at the box office so made it all bright & too corny which in turn really damaged the franchise and made the films awful. The original Keaton Batman & Batman Returns were dark & gritty just like you'd expect a Batman story to be like, but the films that followed weren't as dark & gothic and were too "hollywood" and too bright for a Batman film, these new films however do capture that dark & gritty style of Batman and it's what I like about them plus Bale portrays the Batman/Wayne character really well!

If the vehicles were driven by one of the villains instead then they would be well suited for the film but like I've said they just don't scream out Batman for me, it's not a damaging factor and if the only thing you can complain about is the look of the vehicles for a character in a film then I'd say you have a pretty damn good film lol

top topics

join