It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions Needed for X-Files co-writer/executive producer Frank Spotnitz - ATS MIX Show 89

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Will there be a third X-Files movie? Perhaps about the 2012 alien invasion?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Why is it Saturday and there are no responses from Frank Spotnitz? Wasn't he supposed to be here 2 days ago?

Was there some other agenda for these questions?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
To the poster above,

Interesting you say that...quite interesting.
Never really looked it that way.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'd like to know why there has to be so much background noise.

Frequently I cannot hear the conversation for roaring in the background.
And then they have to whisper yet.

Why are they using flashlights to look around a warehouse, when they could just turn the light on.

And really when Scully is disecting a corpse, shouldn't she be wearing lab clothes and a mask?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Why is it Saturday and there are no responses from Frank Spotnitz? Wasn't he supposed to be here 2 days ago?

Was there some other agenda for these questions?

Errr.. Ahem.. It's a interview for the ATSMIX, and on the original page you'll see that Mr. Spotnitz agreed to move our interview to this Tuesday the 8th. He did this which allows for more members to participate and ask questions. But in case you missed it..

UPDATE

Weve been able to talk Frank into moving the interview to this Tuesday to allow for more members to ask their questions.

Johnny

[edit on 7/4/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hello sir, I really enjoyed he TV series and would stay up late to watch it from my couch and old rental trailer in Casmalia CA. That place is spooky anyhow and watching the show from there ws really good. no heat in the damn think and i would bundle up in blankets and kick back on the rocker recliner.
Quite an event watching The X Files. Acting was tops and I especially liked the Smoking Man.. he was terrific. absolutely. I worked NASA and AF rocket, space shuttle program and saw the likes of NRO and astronauts around from time to time. Boring people really in real life but your characters had carisma. No real question just a great big thanks for the memories.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Jesus, lol @ the 4 same posts, be easy on the trigger buddy

That might be a world premiere

[edit on 4-7-2008 by themaster1]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
What were the intentions of the hidden messages in the ending credits?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
1.Just how close do you think -your movie- is to (the truth) on a scale one to ten.

2.Is Gillan Anderson just as beautiful in person?

How does she differ from real life?

3.How much -internal investigation- goes into the show as far as behind the scenes with intelligence goes. That being C.I.A., F.B.I., D.O.D, N.S.A

4.Do you think David Duchovny is as smart as his background makes him appear to be?

5.Is Gillan Anderson still in contact with her babies Godfather or guardian, Chris Carter.

I think its good to get the background stuff, not always mentioned.

[edit on 4-7-2008 by menguard]

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Just hoping that no one asked this already:

first, how long were you and the crew actually working on this film ie why did it take so long to get this movie made?

second, is this movie the same film that was being called 'blackwood' on the internet for the past 5 or 6 years or so and if not how did the plot change?

third: are there any plans to your knowledge for revamping or updating the x-files computer dossier program called Unrestricted Access? this was a great program to keep track of episodes and watch videos and virtual reality but now it doesnt work due to new operating systems.

thanks for your time and answers, and more importantly thanks for help making and writing my favourite show in the history of television!!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
OH oh... One last question

In the episode "Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man" it was implied that the Cigarette Smoking Man had shot John F. Kennedy, and that Lee Harvey Oswald..didn't. What was this storyline based off of? Smoneone's imagination? Or was this a hint to the ever-famous conspiracy of who shot John F. Kennedy?

Thanks!!

- Carrot

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
hi...love the show and miss it...

are you guys gonna bring back the show ? that would be cool

are you guuys gonna do any realistic shows on say..the nano viruses are gov. has or the deals they made with the "grey"alien species back in the day?

or maybe how the reptilian bloodlines rule this planet?

or some cool mayan stuff about 2012(2013) and the acension to 5th dimension?

okey dokes...have a great day

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
As usual, I'm late to the party. So here's my grand entrance.

As a long time fan of X-Files, especially the early years, I noticed that eventually the show drifted further and further from the original UFO idea. Oh, there were still some UFO plots here and there, but a lot of it had to do with more mundane CT angels. (NOT that general CT is mundane, but it's certainly not as "out there" as the alien agenda is.)

So, can some of the original "feel" be expected for the movie, and hopefully future movies?

Are there any plans to return to TV? Could a new, younger cast, perhaps from the movie characters, renew the TV show? (It ought to have a stronger pull than "Big Brother" and other such rubbish.)

In view of all the MSM interest in UFOs lately, could a spinoff show, sans the FBI angle, be anticipated? Perhaps as UFO investigators caught up in the push for government disclosure?

Oh, and go ahead and get my email addy from the boss, I have free time to work as a story consultant.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm a fan but I have not yet watched any of the later seasons (say, from 2000-on). I have those now and they are in my DVD que. I do have a question: Where did the idea for "Home" come from? (season 4 episode 3). That was some twisted, disturbing stuff. I still can't believe that aired on network TV. Whose mind did that emerge from? And were there any repercussions? That song still haunts me... Also, when the X-Files was released on DVD, were there any edits or ommissions? In short was anything altered from broadcast versions? I remember "Home" from the first airing in 1996 differently from later viewings on DVD.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Since you were filming up in beautiful Vancouver B.C. (Pemberton, Whistler, etc...) what did You and the Cast do in your down time?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Frank,

Firstly, were the "Lone Gunmen" based on any real people?

I just want to comment about the episode "Unusual Suspects" which was the third episode of season five in which Signey Coleman played Suzanne Modeski. The last line of the episode was "It all started with Suzanne Modeski." Essentially from what we're to believe about the show this event initially opened Mulder's eyes to a greater conspiracy (and introduced us to the "Lone Gunmen").

Was this plot point planned or was it decided upon as the show progressed? I believe it to be the most pivotal episode in regards to "Mulder's" character development. And the ending line that I quoted the most interesting sentence uttered in the series!

Thanks for your time.

Edit: As a side note Richard Belzer appeared in this episode.

[edit on (7/6/0808 by PistolPete]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

MOD EDIT:
Questions only please.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
All great questions sofar.

I hope he answers all of them.

HEre's mine.

Did you collaborate with the original Night Stalker writers when you created X-files?

What would you have done differently in the new Night Stalker TV series to make it more appealing?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
hello everyone

My question is : Frank, was ther a competition between scriptwriters or were you working together, splitting the tasks ? More , is there an episode you think would have been better if it was you who wrote it?

yours

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The question of Loengard;

during your work with the X-files series, were you or have you reason to believe that someone else on the team (was) approached by a true insider of the secret government - and if so - what was relayed by this insider?

Thank you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join