It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions Needed for X-Files co-writer/executive producer Frank Spotnitz - ATS MIX Show 89

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
UPDATE

Weve been able to talk Frank into moving the interview to this Tuesday to allow for more members to ask their questions.

Weve been able to get Frank Spotnitz cowriter and executive producer for the popular TV Show X-Files slated for a interview this Thursday at 3pm PST (now slated for this Tuesday). We realize this is a short-notice post, so please be quick and to the point with your questions.

Frank Spotnitz is an award-winning writer and producer best known for his work on “The X-Files.” With Chris Carter, Spotnitz wrote and produced the forthcoming “X-Files” feature film set for release in July 2008. Spotnitz served on “The X-Files” for eight of its nine seasons, including four years as Executive Producer, and co-produced and co-wrote the story for the first “X-Files” feature film. †After the series ended, he served as executive producer alongside Michael Mann on CBS’ critically acclaimed “Robbery Homicide Division.” In 2005, he "re-imagined" the classic “Night Stalker” franchise for ABC, starring Stuart Townsend and Gabrielle Union. †Most recently, he executive produced “Samurai Girl,” a pilot for ABC Family set to debut in August 2008. †Spotnitz also has long been developing a documentary on the life of Los Angeles novelist John Fante. He began his professional life as a reporter, working for United Press International, the Associated Press and Entertainment Weekly, among others. Born in Japan, he received a B.A. in English literature from UCLA and an M.F.A. in screenwriting from the American Film Institute.

Franks Blog
The X-Files Social Network Site

[edit on 7/3/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

[edit on 7/17/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Are the two main characters based on any "real FBI" guys?

And which episode creeped you out the most?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I am wondering why did the main character Fox Moulder leave/get fired from the X-Files? I loved it more when he was there.

Or, if you anyone knows, please just reply to this, thanks.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by jhill76]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This may seem like a really silly question...

Been watching the X-Files for ages. How ironic, lately I've been wanting to watch the series again, and this interview comes up!

Ok, back to question(s).

Have you, yourself, seen or experienced anything "unexplained" or weird?

what about, any weird incidences on set?

Love to hear back

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
How can we all be sure these stories weren't some how leaked from real case files? I suppose many believed this to some source for eventual disclosure.

I had heard somewhere that there are actual X-files.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It seems to me that most of the "phenomena" portrayed in the series comes from actual folk law or purportedly real reports , I have often wondered if all of it was?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

how were you able to span the show over years, ensuring the story line kept people on their toes.

why this long for a new Xfiles movie

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hello frank,

Would you ever consider making a movie or even a series based on topics posted here on A.T.S ? And if so Would you Consider letting our members be on the show? I myself Would love to contribute to the cause.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'd like to know where a lot of your information for the shows come from, would it be by possibly looking in websites like here at Above top Secret.com?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions.

First off, how would Mulder feel about the 9/11 conspiracy theories?

and, why is the advertising so minimal for the new movie?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
My question is. Can you can explain the thoughts and ideas that ended up as the pilot Lone Gunmen plot that is frighteningly close to the real events of 9/11?
I'm not accusing you of been involved in any kind of dis-info plot, I think of would be helpful for people to understand how that episode plot was conceived.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Thank you for taking the time to address these questions. This is my first post and I signed up just to ask this question.

Was there ever an episode that either prior or after it's airing, that someone from even perhaps one of the "three letter alphabet" agencies came forward and asked questions about it, for example, "Where did you get that information from"?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Frank.....thanks for the opportunity.

I thought the X-Files movie was "okay." Are you planning a sequel and if so, can we expect it to knock the socks off the first?

Thank you. I also have to say my favorite episode is the one with Jack Black and Giovanni Ribisi. Some great casting overall in your show but that was extra great. After that episode, those two were all over the place and still are (especially Jack Black.....but I think Ribisi is the better actor and still could be fascinating in the lead of the right movie. He could easily win an Oscar in the right role). Were you involved in the casting on the show at all?

What about a movie with those two?

Thanks again!

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hi Dave and Johnny.
My question for Frank is:
Did you have anything to do with the movie "Alien vs Predator"?
I ask this because I noticed that in the movie "AvP" the ice breaker they took to Antarctica was called "Piper Maru" which was the name of one of my favorite "X-Files" episodes.
An homage or send up?
I know it's Gillian Anderson's daughter's name as well.
Thanks in advance for any input.

-ProjectPhyrePhly- (P3)

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hi Frank, thanks for taking time to answer our questions. As a long-time fan of the show AND the movie my question will be slightly off the topic of the movie. The X-Files delved into the UFO Phenomenon/ Gov't cover-up thereof in a very unique way. What is your take on the recent GLOBAL flap of UFO's as well as your opinion of any type of disclosure?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Much of the theme of the X-Files has Mulder being led by agents high up in the government. Is there any truth to this, or was this just completely fantasy?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I got three burning questions if you don't mind !

1) Whilst writing the X-files series / movie has any one approached you and said 'look, i used to work for (insert alphabet agency name here i.e. CIA /DIA /NSA) and given you any weird stories / hints / possible areas to research ?

2) You cover some awesome areas of interest. The area of human abduction / hybridisation is hugely interesting. What made this such a big deal for you yourself to place so much emphasis on it through the series ?

3) I love the way the series spans so many years and topics. Where do the inspiration for such a long but amazing shows come from ? Do you search through ATS for ideas to plug into the show ?

Thanks for the time folks, as man.......... X-files kicks arse and takes names. I love it. As for a second movie ???????

YES YES YES YES BLOOMING YES AND ABOUT TIME TOO!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hi, Frank!

Big fan of the show! Thanks for taking the time to answer a few of our questions!

1. Were you a conspiracy buff before you started working on the series?

2. Where did you find the inspiration for your story lines?

3. Do you think that most conspiracy theorists are stereotypically geeky like the Lone Gunmen?

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
X-files gave me many a years of enjoyment Thank you......

With the obvious possibility of making a Gajilion dollars from this movie, will or have you invested/funded in experimental sciences and or work towards a spacecraft, perhaps with some of Nikola teslas technologies?

I Believe!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
My question: Is the truth really out there?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join