It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions Needed for X-Files co-writer/executive producer Frank Spotnitz - ATS MIX Show 89

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm curious to hear more about the thought processes behind abandoning the alien arc. For ATSers who don't know what I mean, check out this news article.

I love all manner of bizarre and paranormal stories, and I will admit that it was the 'monster of the week' type episodes that made me a fan in the first place. However, it was the alien conspiracy aspect that made me revisit the show in recent years and look at it with a whole new respect.

It seems to me that the writers have decided to leave behind the issues that REALLY matter to humanity in favor of a more mainstream, easily consumed episodic type of phenomenon. Now that may very well make for an amazing movie, which I hope is the case. But I wonder if the intent was to focus on the type of story that only makes one question the 'little' aspects of reality rather than those that challenge EVERYTHING we know about reality and 'the system'. Maybe there was some 'pressure' behind this decision?

I don't hold any particular belief about aliens or government conspiracies, but I do think that the reason these ideas resonate with (and cause so much controversy and disagreement amongst) diverse individuals is that there is at least some very important truth behind it all...whatever that truth may be.

And whatever that truth is, I do still believe it is out there.

...oh, and one more thing...is it any coincidence that the movie is coming out right in the midst of the Dog Days of (sirius) summer? (Robert Anton Wilson fans will know what I mean
...just finished re-reading Cosmic Trigger I)

[edit on 3-7-2008 by shipovfools]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
What episode holds the most truth out of all the seasons?

I watched a movie,for the life of me I can't remember which one but it was a documentary, which said that X-files was giving us hints that some stuff really exists is that true?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Frank - first let me say that you and Mr. Carter truly changed the face of television. Shows like the X files and Babylon 5 pioneered the multi season story arc format. There were episodes of the X files that rivaled most major hollywood films in quality.

That being said, and with all due respect - what happened !? The series finale was one of the most painfull TV viewing experiences of my life
I can only guess it had been dragged out way to long for most involved. Looking back, do you see an earlier point where the series should have ended ?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Mr. Spotnitz,

Looking forward to the movie! My question is whether we`ll ever see a standalone MillenniuM film or, at least, some closure on the Frank Black story?

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Hi Frank,

With all the places that the X-Files segments were filmed or shot at, were there ever any unusual or maybe even paranormal events that couldn't be explained?

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Have you ever gathered material from abovetopsecret.com and would you do so again?

MOD EDIT:
Question reworded to follow T&C's

[edit on 7/3/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Are they gonna wrap up the X-files at some point by beating the Aliens or stopping them????

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Thank you, Mr. Spotnitz for being willing to have ATS interview you, it gives our members a cool thrill to have someone as creative as you on our board.

How many of the stories on the many seasons of X-Files were based on actual events and where did you research these phenomena???

Thanks for the interview

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
To the point....

In presenting the government conspiracy theme over multiple seasons, was the writing guided by a initial planned story arc that the episodes played out according to plan, or was the story line more of a free-form experiment where the writers and producers just let the story unfold based whatever plot ideas or devices were available at that moment?

It seemed to me that the conspiracy arc tended to take a couple of rather jarring changes of direction and I wondered if that were intentional or just an artifact of a writers' meeting where the topic of the day was "So what do we do now?"

Love the show, love the writing and the whole production.
Bravo.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
King Seesar asked, Are you gonna wrap up the X-files by beating the Aliens or stopping them:

Why not be truthful and do a turn about at the end implying the human race was lied to throughout history and these beings were misunderstood and really looking out for us.

My question is: Why did you chose to show the aliens as having green blood instead normal red color or anyother color?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thank you for the best TV series of all time!!

My question is. Have you considered creating a spin off show featuring Scully and Mulders child?

I have one more are the lone gunnman really dead? They never showed the bodies in the last episode with them.

Thanks
Trustnobody

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I would REALLY like to know who's idea it was for the pilot episode of "The Lone Gunmen", the episode which foreshadowed the 9/11 attacks with uncanny detail. You being the executive producer and all, can you tell us who wrote the script for that show, or who's idea it was in general?
And what do you think of Dean Haglund's statement that Chris Carter was being approached by FBI and NASA with plots for stories?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thank you Frank for many hours of enjoyment. I'm a huge fan of the show. I've also turned my 4, 7 and 12 year olds into fans also. Only the appropriate episodes though.

I'm sure this has been asked numerous times but, are there plans to do a movie in 2012 to wrap up the alien mythology? Also, was Xzibit's character written with him specifically in mind or were there other actors that auditioned?

Thanks for your time. I look forward to hearing your answers.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
What does gillian anderson think of non-compliant humanoid laborers.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just wondering what pranks or practical jokes were played on the XFiles I Want to Believe Movie set and who played them?

AE from XFilesUltimate.com

MOD EDIT;
To fix PHP

[edit on 7/3/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
A few quick questions from a Duchovny and X-Files fan.

I saw a Charlie Rose interview with David Duchovny. He said that he believes in the paranormal to some extent, but that he didn't put a God label on it. I think that his ideology showed through in his Mulder persona. Do you think that he put his beliefs into his acting?

Do you and Chris Carter share the same beliefs in the paranormal and how was the chemistry between you two and the rest of the cast?

All seriousness aside now. Who's idea was it to give Luke Wilson big buck-teeth?
And when do I get to meet David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson?

Thanks for your time Mr. Spotnitz, and welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
All of my questions have been asked, so i will just say Thank you for your time and your great creation. I looked forward to the interview.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Frank! Hi!
This is SO cool! So anyway, bees were a recurring theme in the show, from what I understand the bees were used to create the alien human hybrids via their stings, and now in the real world there are no bees to be found. Coincidence? Were they eradicated to prevent the spread of alien DNA?
And what percentage of the story lines do you feel were grounded in some part in fact?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
what does 10/13 stand for?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join