It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the bogus material lately?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ive noticed that in the past month their really seems to be a lacking of good UFOLOGY material, and when stuff does surface its completely bogus...lots of stories also seem to be surfacing w/ lil or no evidence what-so-ever....Is this forum starting to fall apart?

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by skept!cal

It's called summer vacation for kids. No school. It's happens every year. ATS gets a bunch of new member during summer break.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gauncents

very true...i can see that being a lil source of it all, but even when ppl do come here to present something evidence seems to be nill notta zip...very frustrating indeed...Ufology needs to be taken seriously...and w/ threads like no offense to the ppl writting them like for example i.e. the 15 year olds thread about going out and meditating to see UFO's...where the hell is your evidence? Its nothing more than story telling...which does not help our field

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yup. I wish I could elaborate, but it would be pointless. Those with half a brain don't need to read my opinion, because we already share the same thoughts. Those that post positive, supportive posts in the daily, numerous threads that make you cringe don't have the mental capacity to understand why the things that they are doing is hurting the very cause they blindly believe in.

It's sad that this stuff goes on. It will take a while to purge this subject of the ignorant idiocy before we can get it taken seriously enough to get a mainstream investigation going (and I'm not talking about sum stupid Larry King interview, or the usual "filler" UFO news segment on your local media that ends with the host smirking or laughing at the whole idea.

If folks reading this don't know why people laugh when they bring this subject up in public, please re-read this forum. If that does not enlighten them, perhaps they should consider themselves a part of the problem and sit it out a while?

I mean, seriously, have some of the more stringent believers actually stepped back and took an honest look at this place? Most of the threads are laughable and the majority knows it, people are just too worried to say that. Its not ATS' fault. Its the folks who come here and defend the utterly preposterous, claiming to be doing it because they have an open mind or something...I don't know. And then there will be the numerous fools that reply "well, if you think this is laughable, then why do you still post here?" If I need to seriously explain that to them, they wouldn't have the mental capacity to understand, which is SAD.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

damn...me and you need to go drink a beer
....im sharing the same damn frustrations as you...Ufology has become somewhat more mainstream, but still laughable in alot of corners due to some of the crap ppl just jump to and believe in...WE NEED MORE RELIABLE THREADS!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I too, am relatively new here and have noticed threads on material that has been disproven a while back. I try to add intelligently (although the thread on aliens eating us proved to hard for me to not make a To Serve Man joke) to the conversations and explain the statement has been explained only to be told that is what the mainstream media want you to believe. I have an interest in Ufology and want it to be taken seriously so we can find answers.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
They seem to be gainly popularity at the same rate:

I mean the amount of the genre's popularity and the comical skeptics laughing at us!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
"Penn and Teller: Bullsh!t" is a hit on Showtime, although they did state the episode that upset most people was the one dealing with bottled water. (They poured tap water into a bottle, gave it a French name and charged about $6 for it). "Monsterquest" and "UFO Hunters" at least examines evidence and takes the subjects serious.

[edit on 7/2/2008 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gauncents

Absolutely! Makes me remember last summer and two jokers - Ghost Raven and Pokey Oats. I bet many of us remember them and their hoaxes (which were quite an entertaining read, lol).

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Duby78

Yep, I remember pokey!

PAUFOWATCHER (my personal opinion) is the one to watch out for now!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
One thing ive thought of with the many fake ufo ghost movies is.
Adsense money.They see the high popularity of something controversial,
subjects like UFO's, Ghosts, Haunted houses, Celebrity sex tapes etc, they exploit it to try and get page views for ads and/or site traffic.
Of course its 14-15yo kids as well being stupid.My kids are only 8&10 but if I catch them doing that when they are teens there net will be cut instantly

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Your post could be considered ill-mannered by the moderators..any attempt to call out the massive trolling on these forums will get you kicked, banned, or both. I'd watch it man..

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think a lot of (new) people confuse theory and speculation with fiction. So they add to it with mindless nonsense. Pure trolling seems to make the most sense. I quit some time back when it was over run with fake stories.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I remember all of the wackiness last summer and this topic coming up then. lol Probably just a lot of bored kids with nothing better to do with their time. In fact, it's silliness like has been in the forums lately that drove me away from this place 6 or so months ago. The motto of this place is "Deny Ignorance" but reading some of the threads on here, you'd think it was "Be as Ignorant as Possible".

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Here's some of the best obvious troll posts currently!!! LOMROLFMAO

Aliens Eating Humans, Invasion DANGER...

Aliens, Scary?

my attempted abduction experiment

Are you afraid of Aliens?

Why do you believe in this?

Why aliens in 2012?

Contacting THEM using your mind?

Do You Wish That We Show Up

Video looks real Alien

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ksavoy30

im well aware of the T&C and im well within my right posting this its okay...im not saying anything wrong about ATS whatso ever so im not quite sure why you think im attacking it...im simply asking y here recently there seems to be an influx of crap on here...and im worried because i think all the bogus material is absolutely hindering UFOLOGY as a whole thats all...nothing more nothing less...and i think the moderators see that...no harm here just giving ppl 1. a chance to vent 2. to give there constructive thoughts on how to get rid of some of this non sense

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Forest

Im getting to that point honestly...i dont wanna give up on the subject, but its quite frustrating when you try and do some serious research and find particular sightings that produce some sort of real evidence...and then theres a ton of just what i would call "STORYTELLING" w/ absolutely zero evidence going on....but it does make it all worthwhile when you do find a gem in alot of piles of crap
....not literally obviously...im no crap troller

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

HAHAHA

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
To all the members complaining about thread quality and summer breaks:

I'm currently working on a thread which will get into an in-depth discussion of the 1976 Tehran incident. I'm not good at making threads so it's taking me awhile and I'm busy with other things on ATS and outside of ATS. But- I want to challenge every person who is unsatisfied with a lot of the bogus claims to try your hand at a quality thread. I, like many other members, really appreciate reading threads of value instead of wild speculative theories.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

i certainly anticipate your thread...we could use some good stuff on here...and if anyones interested w/ a thread that supports evidence and has highly trained officials who actually report on this case i would refer you to this thread....www.abovetopsecret.com... ... very interesting stuff if your looking for legit sightings and what not...i suggest you check that out

Good Day
Skept!cal

[edit on 3-7-2008 by skept!cal]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join