It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Cries Recorded..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Found this interesting little video broadcasting 'Earth cries'.....

It was quoted as sounding 'awful'....

news.aol.com...

www.space.com...

Scientists have known about the radiation since the 1970s. It is created high above the planet, where charged particles from the solar wind collide with Earth's magnetic field. It is related to the phenomenon that generates the colorful aurora, or Northern Lights.

The radio waves are blocked by the ionosphere, a charged layer atop our atmosphere, so they do not reach Earth. That's good, because the out-of-this-world radio waves are 10,000 times stronger than even the strongest military signal, the researchers said, and they would overwhelm all radio stations on the planet.

This flat beam could be detected by aliens who've figured this process out, the researchers say. The knowledge could also be used by Earth's astronomers to detect planets around other stars, if they can build a new radio telescope big enough for the search. They could also learn more about Jupiter and Saturn by studying AKR, which should emit from the auroral activity on those worlds, too.

....after reading some of the comments on the original page, some think this is not a natural atmospheric phenomena, but rather man made frequencies bouncing off the earths atmosphere....

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This has already been posted twice that I know of.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicstorm

Already a thread about this somewhere

Here found 1

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
lol......that will teach me to search ats a bit better!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I hadn't read one of the other threads on this before because I hadn't really been caught by the titles like I was with this one.

To be quite honest, when I read the title of this thread, I expected to see some liberal propaganda piece on global warming. I thought perhaps some "scientists" somewhere had recorded audio of the earth crying because of how we were treating it.

I was all set to have a good laugh.

Turns out I did anyway.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think they are using that as a signature to find planets similar to earth.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add your comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join