It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Iran, What Many People Don't Know

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Starred and flagged. Thank you for posting this, in my opinion one of the major steps of denying ignorance is to ignore news, they will never give the good side of the story and throw everything out of proportion.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

This thread could have been about ANY country on Earth...including America.

Exactly! So then how would we feel about the prospect of someone invading us just because we have bad elements (I mean after all, we did invade a sovereign nation on false premise resulting in the death of close to a million)?

Also,should we be denied to enrich uranium and explore nuclear power (or should we also be bombed into oblivion for doing so?). What gives us the right to do all of these things and yet we can forbid them for others? The stench of hypocrisy reaches to the heavens!

[edit on 2-7-2008 by whatsup]

[edit on 2-7-2008 by whatsup]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OrangeAlarmClock

The general population of Iran is as stupid as the general population of the U.S.. Both countries have leaders that do nothing but preach for war and the killing of innocent people. Both countries have fixed elections, both countries deserve to be wiped off the face of the earth as long as they continue to support war mongers. At least Iran has a history that goes back thousands of years, most of it bad. The U.S. has a few hundred years of history, most of it just as bad. Both countries are made up of good, bad and millions of stupid people.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This is a great thread alright, I think it is very true what is trying to be conveyed, I myself know several people from Iran. Some in America and one overseas. You're right about people.

What is not right is that the mullahs do not like the westernization of the younger generation, and if it were all about Iranian people enjoying their freedoms than why the repression of student rallys opposing the mullah oppression, many of the younger generation are looking for change, not change away from the Sharia but from so strict an interpretation of the hardliners, and that has been made very clear to the United States that they feel that it is their battle not a battle that should be taken on by anyone else

I dont think people from the United States think one bad thing about the people of Iran, but Mr. Ahmadnijad and the IRGC is another story. His representation and rhetoric is what the US sees because it is international news. I dont think we will find the international news doing briefs on the lifestyles of Persian recreation, but that prob would not be a bad idea, I would not mind seeing the Zagros Mountains or hearing about the Parthian Empire or legends of Persian belief prior to the arrival of Islam, I mean these are things you just do not hear about a lot.

As far as the pics go very cool, it is not the people I dont like its the leadership, as far as other countries go as an American that is well traveled and the demeanor that I have carried, people open up to me very well, and although I see more and more people trying to humanize the people of other countries the same does not go for the how people view Americans. It is like we try to understand but others do not care, so while I keep an open mind I sometimes wonder why people we try to understand, could care less about understanding us as a people.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

this is one reason i dont have a GF. i prefer married women no emotions involved just sheer passion. i dont have to worry about being deployed as i am now a disabled vet. and btw i was no jarhead and never got a dear john letter. and women dig men who dont have to hide behind others for their rights.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble
reply to post by MystikMushroom

this is one reason i dont have a GF.

I bet that's reason 54 out of 5000

i prefer married women no emotions involved just sheer passion.

Speaks volumes of your moral character.

i dont have to worry about being deployed as i am now a disabled vet.

That is unfortunate and I feel for you but I'm starting to see where your malice is derived from. Not only in this thread but most of which you contribute to.

and women dig men who dont have to hide behind others for their rights.

No disrespect because I certainly appreciate the fact that you served our country and was wounded doing so, but I am going to have to venture a guess that I have at least as much experience with women that you do and I can safely say that women don't really put much stock into your claims. At least none that I have met. So I am gonna call Bunk on your theory and chalk it up to you trying to validate your belief that since you served in the Military women somehow find you more desirable than say someone like me who would hide behind others as you claim since I have not served in the armed forces.

Care to take an open poll on that? I'm down if you are?

[edit on 2-7-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Darn!!! I need to learn how to do that!!!

I mean, I think kleverone pulled apart the points of another's post(s)...but I simply am not computer savvy, yet, to do that myself.

I can see the benefits of selecting quotes, to make your point....other members do as well, not just mods, of course....I've found, though, when done to me, my head spins, because it....well....seems like spin.

Not sure I even want to know how to do it. Maybe this should be in the Board and Business forum....sorry.....

OK, sorry....carry on!! (I could have deleted, but it seemed a legitimate question)....

ps...kleverone....sorry about the Impala!!

edit for one spell junk....and just to add....I love Cutlass Converts!!! 1970 era....

[edit on 7/2/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

No disrespect because I certainly appreciate the fact that you served our country and was wounded doing so, but I am going to have to venture a guess that I have at least as much experience with women that you do and I can safely say that women don't really put much stock into your claims. At least none that I have met. So I am gonna call Bunk on your theory and chalk it up to you trying to validate your belief that since you served in the Military women somehow find you more desirable than say someone like me who would hide behind others as you claim since I have not served in the armed forces.

Care to take an open poll on that? I'm down if you are?

well it depends on where you take the poll here on ats you will win out in any military town i would win out. you missed the point it was a reply to a person who takes pride in sleeping with military wives while they are over seas. and for some reason intellignce gets him there. ok fine what ever i have a college degree too. but its just a piece of paper. and no matter where you go wearing that uniform is like wearing a f me sign. any country any state any time.

no not reason 54 just one reason. emotions and sentiment are the reasons wars are fought look through history man. its why i stay away as much as i can. it is a learned trait. its not human nature thats why we are not very good at it.

one more edit. sure im down for a poll but not if its limited to one source. i for one dont take any stock in polls because generaly they only have a one sided source. we can get together and select three sources each and go to town. i never turn my back to a challange...

[edit on 15pmu112007 by DaleGribble]

[edit on 15pmu112007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

well it depends on where you take the poll here on ats you will win out in any military town i would win out.

I totally disagree but respect your viewpoint.

you missed the point it was a reply to a person who takes pride in sleeping with military wives while they are over seas.

So your response is to counter with the fact that you prefer married women? Is that any better?

emotions and sentiment are the reasons wars are fought look through history man.

I would say that Power hungery blood thirsty fools are why wars are fought. That and closeminded ignorance.

I respect your opinions I just disagree with you 1000%.
Let's agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
www.flickr.com...

this picture shows the size of various nuclear weapons. They have a really small one called the bunker buster that's less than a 5 kiloton yield. When we talk about turning a place into a glass parking lot, I think, they could carefully aim a large number of small nuclear attacks to avoid most of the civilian casualties. Just throwing that out there to play devils advocate. I also heard that nuclear winter could offset global warming. something to think about.

This is a good post. No matter what people believe in, they are still people. There are good people and there are evil people in the world. Its good to put a face on the Iranian people aside from just Ahmedinedjinistan or whatever his name is. The media shovels propaganda on us in the U.S. so I'm not surprised how racist and ignorant we are. Who are we to point fingers and throw stones, were not a nice country. Has anyone else used nukes on another country besides us? I find it very ironic that we're about to attack Iran for even thinking about even just having some nukes just to be on that level playing field that USA and Russia had during the cold war. The whole thing is idiotic. We demand that they not be capable of mutually assured destruction with us or Israel or anyone. Nowadays I'm so jaded I figure it really is just an excuse to do more war profiteering as others suggested. America tortures people, America puts its own citizens in concentration camps. We are not a nice country. This is not a nice world. This is a sick world we live in. People want to pretend its all good but that can't last forever and it probably wont last much longer at all.

What we need is a movement, and some motivated fully involved people to make it happen. Not a movement towards anarchy, as much as I would love that. No what we need is a movement towards healing. The polls here in America say that like 90% of us average Joe Americans believe the country is heading in the wrong direction. Another war is exactly what you would expect if more business as usual is in store for us. What we need is the exact opposite. Instead of external military force, we need to recall all our forces and devote 100% of our national industry and manpower towards healing the decay of America.

Really the problem is that nobody has any sense of the value of life. We think that life has no value, only money has value because only money can bring you the material you need but underneath that we all feel that this is essentially wrong. We have no balance of value in life vs material possessions. Our need to live and grow is constantly oppressed by the system. Your just a number that generates revenue, that's just another number in some bank record. Our society judges our intrinsic value based on our bank account, our credit score. That is all we are in this system. It's all about how much you can make, How much you have, because its all about the cut they claim that you owe to them. Its a system of extortion from cradle to grave and its the root of all evil. The anarchist in me is so repulsed by this essential truth of American life that I often pray for a meteor strike to vaporize all life on earth. Still, there is hope, We just need to get organized and make change that matter to change our direction. We need to reclaim that old-school foreign policy that America had before WWII which is to say, NONE AT ALL. All our efforts should be focused Inward, at strengthening our infrastructure and intelligently organizing people to tackle the very real endgame scenarios playing out in the world today. Global warming, famine, war, disease. It's foolish to waste time.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
ps...kleverone....sorry about the Impala!!

Thank you, I appreciate that! She will be missed.

I love Cutlass Converts!!! 1970 era....

Amazing car. I have to agree with you, Cutlass drop top is suuuuhweeeet!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
So your response is to counter with the fact that you prefer married women? Is that any better?
I respect your opinions I just disagree with you 1000%.
Let's agree to disagree.

i didnt say it was right or any better. i said its what i do. common ground my friend. thats all...

well we can leave it at that.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

one more edit. sure im down for a poll but not if its limited to one source. i for one dont take any stock in polls because generaly they only have a one sided source. we can get together and select three sources each and go to town. i never turn my back to a challange...

I have to respect the hell out that. I concede to the challenge. You win by default!!

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

im in sheer awe right now. thank you. but i thought it would be a good challenge. we call it a draw...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I apologize in huge amounts for trending this thread off the rails. I should not have posted here, to another member, such an off-topic comment.

I popped into this thread, because I liked what the OP said. AND, I happen to think it is important to know that the Iranian People ARE not our enemies!!!

These are decent people, living and working.....and trying to get rid of a crazy nutjob who happens to be 'in power'....(just as we are currently). So, we have a lot in common!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

I apologize in huge amounts for trending this thread off the rails. I should not have posted here, to another member, such an off-topic comment.

We'll let it slide this time

I agree, the OP made some great points. Great thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

im in sheer awe right now. thank you. but i thought it would be a good challenge. we call it a draw...

How can I compete with Dale Gribble, exterminator extroidonaire! I know when I've been beat. Besides, I don't look as good in whitey tighties!

sorry about that, back on topic!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
OPEC sells oil for $136.00 a barrel.

OPEC nations buy U.S. grain at $7.00 a bushel.

Solution: Sell grain for $136.00 a bushel.

Can't buy it? Tough! Eat your oil!
Ought to go well with a nice thick grilled filet of camel a**!!!

lol just the thought of the day....

[edit on 3-7-2008 by tjetbone]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

LOL! You're hilarious!

Isn't it so easy to make these statements while hiding behind the internet?

Fact - the U.S. is currently the most powerful nation on earth, both militarily and economically.

Until you can PROVE otherwise (i.e. invade us, conquer us, destroy us, etc.), I suggest you S T F U !

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

the only good that ever came from there was camels and oil anyways...

Don't forget the following:

Domesticated Animals
Cities
States
Monumental Architecture
Metallurgy
Alloys
The Wheel
Rotary Motion and the pottery wheel
Glass
Concrete counting
Abstract counting
Writing
The alphabet
Astrolabe
Lateen Sales

and so much more, see here: en.wikipedia.org...

Your ignorance is dwarfed only by your bigotry.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join