It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Iran, What Many People Don't Know

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I like how you can take certain pics and make things look shiny and clean. Really not that hard to do. And yes many of the lay people are kind and may also seek westernization. But that doesn't take away that there are religious extremist that walk around with guns and allthough you have pointed us at these beautiful people and landscapes that doesn't change the fact that it is a country under a corrupt government that instates Islamic laws on its people.

I agree our media is painting a one sided picture for us but what they are not doing is lying to us, just not giving us a complete picture. But what is their goal? You say it's to make us think all Iranians are Islamic extremists. Well that is your assumption, they are merely giving us the mental ammo to hate the government and Islamic extremist that do exist there.

What the OP fails to mention is that a lot of the types that don't concern themselves with the Islamic Politics, the ones that are more westernized and such are very possibly not Muslim at all. I sometimes eat lunch at a deli ran by an Iranian family that act and look a lot like the people in the OP's photos and these people are christians that fled Iran. I also use to work with this guy who was an Iranian christian, he was not quiet about his anger at what has happened to Iran, but he said he would go back if things changed.

In short..The ones that arn't extremists are wonderful people, but HORRIBLE Government.

I see how some people are blinded by intollerence and what the media shows us, this is true, but I also see how some people are blinded by tollerence and only choose to focus on the good things. If they are black then you are white. I will be grey because I can see the good and the bad.

Before you ignorant bafoons call me some sort of redneck or something, let me just say I believe we should stay out of their business and if we budge our way into a war with them I would not support it. Let them deal with their own problems internally, if they threaten Israel, let Israel punnish them, if they threaten us, then let us crush them. Only if.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Sheeper]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheeper

But that doesn't take away that there are religious extremist that walk around with guns

All religions have extremist. In fact I would be surprised if one could even find a religion that hasn't had horrible acts committed in its' name. If you know of one let me know and sign me up...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper

What the OP fails to mention is that a lot of the types that don't concern themselves with the Islamic Politics, the ones that are more westernized and such are very possibly not Muslim at all.
[edit on 3-7-2008 by Sheeper]

Actually, the majority of people within Iran that want to get on with their lives and are not muslim extremists.... are actually muslims. If you've been to the country and talked with people you'd be aware of that.

I remember one man saying that "of all the people in the Middle East, the Jews are most similar to Iranians and if it wasn't for the trouble over Palestine we'd get along just fine"..... spoken by a real life Iranian Muslim, in a public place in Iran.

In the privacy of their homes, the headwear comes off and the whisky comes out and the conversation flows.

You have to remember that however much or however little you know about the Muslim world, none of it means squat in Iran. It's a country full of contradictions and due to it's history Iranians have a very different view of themselves in contrast to other Muslims. After all, the national epic "Shahnameh" by Ferdowsi contains the following lines:

"Damn this world, damn this time, damn this fate,
That uncivilized Arabs have come to make me Muslim."

"Where are your valiant warriors and your priests,
Where are your hunting parties and your feasts?
Where is that warlike mien, and where are those
Great armies that destroyed our country's foes? . . .
Count Persia as a ruin, as the lair
Of lions and leopards. Look now and despair."

Rarely does a conversation in Tehran go without the inclusion of a quote or two of Ferdowsi, such is it's importance to Iranians.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
A very wise post, and a very important post, too!
Against racism and against ignorance!
As a German guy I know (from my parents/grandparents) what war is like and I wonder why so many people believe in Bush´s (and mainstream) propaganda without thinking about the consequences.

The world now is at the edge of WW3 and everybody is about making the decision either fighting against those warheads (Bush, Cheney, Merkel and other criminals) or die in nuclear fire!

Fight the NWO! Fight for TRUTH!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OrangeAlarmClock

Starred and flagged!!! Great post. Yes, a modern society with people just like you and me. There are many of us proud and patriotic Americans who love our Iranian brothers and sisters. Six more months of this hideous un-american regime, and finally the madness will be over!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Thanks for this post.

I think it is realy needed for people to see that it is just an other country with mostly normal people living in Iran.

Specialy for those people who wnat to turn this whole country into a glass crater.
I raly hope for those people that their own backyard doesnt get turned into one of those glass craters with their whole family embedded into it.

Like said before, the whole propaganda that is used on Iran could one day easely be used on the US itself.

Who is next.

Thanks and Respect OP.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

I hope so too, because if it happens, a bunch of other countries are going to fall into the scene like dominos (wwI & II anybody?) and large percentages and vast regions of planet earth are going to be uninhabitable due to radiation in the water, the cow's milk, the crops...26,000 + nuclear weapons ready to be shot off in less than an hour globally, that is what awaits us if these idiot oil and greedy obsessed neo conservatives have their way!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Anyone actually familiar with the ME knows Iran has some wonderful people and institiutions, but like the US it's a shame that violent and intolerant regimes get control and drag the country into conflicts for thirty years.
There are a few differences, though. I don't think the US citizens would tolerate much less glorify a regime with a record like Khomeini's.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
excellent post
this is just another war technique used by america make the country you are going to invade look very bad and get everyone to support you

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

There are a few differences, though. I don't think the US citizens would tolerate much less glorify a regime with a record like Khomeini's.

Yes, but we do tolerate such a regime beneath our very noses. The difference is that the US regime is so nicely camouflaged. There is no greater danger to freedom than the false pretense of freedom. Wake up and smell the coffee.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by whatsup]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by djerwulfe

From what I hear the regime was having a pretty shaky time just before Iraq invaded. The result of that was a surge in Iranian nationalism and a willingness to defent Iran whatever the cost, part of the current Iranian mistrust of other nations is that virtually every major power at the time sent financial and material aid to Iraq. Iran basically fought an 8 year war with no outside help.

There are few families in Iran who aren't scarred by that conflict, and the reminders of the huge loss of life are everywhere. It's less strong now, but the feeling is that alot of people died to keep Iran free from foreign domination...... while it may be difficult for westerners to imagine, they consider themselves relatively free. Most of the Islamic laws are simply a pain in the arse, and some are downright obscene, but at least they can vote in elections and try to make a better future.

I think the country will become more liberal, in not too many years actually, partially because their young population is becoming very well educated, more interested in their history and women are ever so gradually becoming more influential. Don't get me wrong, they've got a long way to go to get back to the Mossadeq stage, but they'll get there.

The one thing most likely to cause increased repression, and bolster the Theocracy, is an attack by the US or Israel. Iranians aren't dumb, but they are Proud, any attack, no matter if it's limited to one military location will be considered an insult and attack against the entire nation.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by djerwulfe

I think you can find pictures of military parades from all around the world fairly easy.

Same goes for children with guns from around the world.

Here is an US example of a "child soldier"

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsup

*sigh*

Yes, that was my point, essentially.
However, the US has a scheduled revolution at least every few years. We call them elections. We had the brains to make regime change systematic.
"Wake Up," has become realllyyy tiresome...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Wow. That's a big picture.
But, no. The US does not deploy "children brigades."
Iran did during the Iran-Iraq War.
NOT the same.
So where's that US child soldier's AK??

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyAllKnowledge

I had such high hopes for Iran. Really. The Persians were great. They are not Arabs.
I really, really, was hoping for a change in the official stance on Israel.
But this senseless, dogmatic "Islam Hates Israel" crap is derailing everything!
I just.... I'm bummed about it. We took down Saddam. They should be happier! But this Jacob and Esau conflict is alive and well, and somehow we got non-Arabs and non-Jews all broiled up in it....

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
First WOW look at the woman on the left in the boot!
She should be a model!

Back to the topic!

This is a problem!
We don't get to see the real people behind the world govs who dictate the news and media!

Maybe its a good idea to make virtual E-cards about the real people of this planet and their inhabitants! and let all of us who want to meat and share thought with others send E-card's around the globe spreading this image of beauty and peace!.

Or make a PowerPoint mail with beautiful images of the real people and country's behind the negative curtain of the media!.

I hope some one pics this idea up I am not capable of making it!

We got the power we were given ATS + the Internet!
Every disadvantage has a advantage (jing, jang)

[edit on 3-7-2008 by johndoeknows]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I am just trying to show that children all around the world are getting indoctrinated by militairy regimes.

I have been to open day's of the dutch military where children around the age of ten could play with a machine gun nest with dummy bullets, grenade launchers, pistols and AA lanchers in a simulator.
If you take pictures there and show them in a wrong context you could easy get a wrong impression.

And i think that bombarding children with cluster bombs in Iraq is just as bad a using children soldiers by the way.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I know a fair number of Iranians... all Baha'i's and all refugees from prosocution of them in Iran... and to a person they are among the nicest people you could meet.

Any talk of Iran forgets that no nation is monolitic... and often the behavior of its people and the behavior of its government are two different things...

.... like ours.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm sick of the hate in this world. I'm sick of the prejudice. I'm sick of the poverty.

The main problems in this world are caused by the rich. The elite. The Wealthy.

Greedy people who control it all, never content with what they have.

While children die, they bitch about loosing a few billion here a few billion there. Stock points, bear markets, its all bull#.

Love is missing. Empathy is non existent to them. I love when people yadda on about how they donate, how they contribute, how they give to charity. Bill gates may give millions, but the SOB still have Billions. Why??? What's the point?

War should not be based upon bs opinion. Every country has good people, its just the rich assholes who control said countries that f it up for all. And bring evil and pain to all. It's always been this way.

You want change, the world needs to wipe out the class divide. You want change? Bring back a media that protects the citizen. You want change? Bring back a government that helps and care for its people, not its corporations. Big Business is killing while making a killing.

We will starve and be gone, and these greedy assholes will be bickering over who gets rights to the land where are graves are laid.

This is every country.

You allow one person to obtain billions, your allowing millions to obtain poverty.

The funniest thing is, the poor make up a majority of the militaries of the world, yet they just go ahead and fight the rich man's fight just for a chance to make it out of the ghetto. Why? We are really sheep in the end. Problem is all the sheep herders are corrupted, evil butchers.

We all need to unite. And stop with all the bs.

Love people! #, you only have 80 or so years on earth. Why make it hard to live?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

This bit of Iranian television broadcast may illustrate some of the subtle cultural differences bewteen the US and Iran...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join