It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Iran, What Many People Don't Know

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Absolutely wonderful thread. I was working on a very similar one after making the same case to a pro-Iran war user. People need to freakin' think more. Iran is not the all Arabic-speaking bad guy nation we make it out to be.(Farsi is the official language).

Definitely starred and flagged and shown to everyone I know.(Hope you don't mind I emailed like 4000 people a link to this thread.)

Edit to add:

I noticed that whenever we show the real Iran, or real numbers and figures, the right-wingers call it "terrorist propaganda" or "DNC propaganda" when I've heard nothing like this out of any media sources. Let alone criminal orgs like the DNC. For those of you who think this is propaganda, did you ever stop to think that maybe people like us seek out this sort of information and present it to you in order to tell the other side of the story? To maybe end a few misconceptions? Not everything is some propaganda scheme. But I have noticed that those of us who don't want to blow up the world are being treated like we're some sort of scumbag cabal out to destroy America by not wanting to see more war.

I'm sorry, I don't want my brother pulled out of Iraq just to be redeployed into Iran and kill people who are like us in almost every way.

Does anyone else not see this?
Ahmedinejad is Iran's Bush. Simple as that.
And if we're going to be scared and threatened by a leader that is hated even by his own people, and really doesn't have much power, then what does that say about us?

I think we need to stop pursuing supremacy through war in this region and do what the Japanese and the Chinese have done to us.

Buy them.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
But it is the people who end up dying in masses. The war would not be a war against Ahmadinejad it is against Iran as a Country, a cluture, and a nation. It would be a about our young killing their young and vice versa.

Actually, the media war going on right now isn't against the Iranian people, it is against the president of Iran. A n actual war would be different for course, but it doesn't change the fact that the media is doing a decent job casting blame on Iran's president and not its people.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Anyways, war is evil. its Wrong.
Love and forgiveness is Right and Good.

Then what would you have done about the Germans and Japanese? Would you have just let them conquer your land and kill your fellow man then just forgive them?

You have alot to learn. Your arrogance and open cowardice is astounding.

Your Naiveness and utopian view is astounding. Get your head out of the sand.

I am an educated american.

Judging by your responses, this is up for debate.

I just want you to know that your a minority here.

Yeah, here on this forum, but not in the real world.
I really hope you don't believe this forum is a mirror image of the nation.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

We sold them (the Japanese and Germans) what they needed to build their war machine.
If we were so dead set against their philosophy we should have cut them off before they could become a threat.
But no, the rich made their money and the people had to bleed for it.
Does Iran produce oil?
Do other countries buy their oil?
Is it China?
Why can't we force China to stop buying Iranian oil?
Because the rich are making money doing business with them.
So, instead of jeopardizing the profits of the rich, we kill millions of innocent people.
Do you not have a problem with that?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Again, I think people need to understand the difference. The U.S. going into world war 2 was not under the guise of preemption as was Iraq and now possibly Iran. There is a difference.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Star and flag for you.

Good thread, just shows you that we can't believe what the biased media is telling us. Not just the media in the U.S., but around the western world.

Peace,
FK

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
WhatTheory

Once again comparing Iran to Nazi Germany? The US is the fourth Reicht!!!!

Operation Paperclip (also credited as Project Paperclip) was the code name under which US intelligence and military services extracted German scientists from Nazi Germany, during and after the final stages of World War II. In 1945, the Joint Intelligence Objectives Agency was established and given direct responsibility for Operation Paperclip.[1]
en.wikipedia.org...

How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power
www.guardian.co.uk...

On June 19, 2004, a Federal U.S. judge, Guido Calabresi,
compared George W. Bush’s final ascent into the White
House with the acquisition of dictatorial power by both
Adolph Hitler and Benito Mussolini.
Within a week, John M. Walker Jr., the chief judge
of the appeals court, had forced Judge Calabresi to publicly
apologize. Although mainstream corporate media cover-
age did mention that Judge Walker is a cousin of President
George Walker Bush, it failed to note the irony that both
are descendants, and namesakes, of George Herbert Walker,
who (like Prescott Bush) actually facilitated crucial Ameri-
can financing of Hitler’s rise to power

The Bush administration wants us to fight in Af-
ghanistan, Iraq and wherever terrorists may be hiding. And
what, pray tell, are we fighting for? Well, according to the
White House, we’re fighting for freedom. Yet freedom is
exactly what the White House is demanding that we now
surrender in the name of fighting terrorism.
So what’s really going on? Well, it’s all a lie, of
course. The Bush administration isn’t any more interested
in protecting American freedoms from terrorists than Hit-
ler was in protecting Germans from communists, Jews and
all the other groups he scapegoated. The Bush team is only
fighting to protect itself and its corporate sponsors. It hides
behind a veil of national security and behind non-stop war
headlines of its own creation. And,
behind that smokescreen, Bush
Inc. is pursuing Hitler’s old
agenda from the 1920s and 1930s:
serving the corporate interests of
industrialists who brought it to
power. There’s a name for govern-
ments that serve the interests of
Big Business at the expense of
their own citizens: fascist

209.85.173.104...:S-qFPPVrFNQJ:coat.ncf.ca/our_magazine/links/54/54_44-45.pdf+bush+hitler&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=10&gl=ca

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OrangeAlarmClock

Great thread.

I agree that Iran is getting hit hard by the media with a lot of stereotypes and some accusations that for the most part are unfounded. I see that they are even trying to tie Iran to causing the war in Iraq. It's laughable but people eat it up.

Sure Iran isn't perfect and needs a lot of changes but hey...show me a place that doesn't? I don't want to "bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran" because it is now the flavor of the month. The mid east is full of turmoil right now. I can't make the determination of who deserves nuclear energy/weapons and who doesn't. I honestly think no one should have nukes. Including the U.S.

Starred and flagged.

OH...and I have to say it's ironic that in one thread you make a sweeping judgment of all blacks by stating that the vandals that damaged cars with anti-Obama slogans must be black because we all know whites don't misspell words...yet in another you are saying don't judge the Iranians based on bigoted stereotypes.

I guess passing judgment is subjective.
Check your eye for a mote too, mate.

- lee

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
We sold them (the Japanese and Germans) what they needed to build their war machine.

No we didn't. Your info must be faulty.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
Again, I think people need to understand the difference. The U.S. going into world war 2 was not under the guise of preemption as was Iraq and now possibly Iran. There is a difference.

So what? Who is to say which method is more effective than the other, so I don't see your point.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I am so worried. I don't want to see these guys being treated to dirty bombs and destruction like Afghanistan and Iraq, and the nazis in control in US, and Britain are terrifying, plus Israel. We need to evacuate Iran before one bomb lands, and take action against our governments if necessary. I just keep getting they have to get out. And they can't forget to take their disadvantaged and poor and handicapped with them.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Once again comparing Iran to Nazi Germany? The US is the fourth Reicht

Repeating yourself does not help your point and it frankly just makes you look desperate.

A) Apparently you did not understand or comprehend my point because I was not comparing Iran to Germany. I will try and explain myself so even you can understand. I was only pointing out that both countries have beautiful landscapes and it has nothing to do with their government.

B) Your U.S. is the fourth reicht comment is really sad, pathetic, ignorant and totally baseless.
Thumbs down for being disingenuous or just plain silly.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
The Iranians are not Arabs.
In a way, they are us.
They are the Arians and migrated to England and were the Anglo-Saxons.

Hi there, I agree with the first line (being a Persian myself) but the last line is a little off base.

Iranian is a cultural/ethnic group with a similar language. It derives from the word Aryan which in old Persian literally means "Noble". The Sassanids referred to their ethnically homogoneous region as Ayran - or "land of Nobles" and I think there were referrences to Iran as far back as the Achaemenids. This Iran included a multitude of different peoples, including Sarmatians, Persians, Kurds, Alans and many more.

These Aryans/Iranians were never Anglo-Saxons, the Germanic peoples and Iranians were unrelated. In fact, Iranians were in Britain before the Saxons arrived since Sarmatian cavalry were stationed here towards the end of Rome's occupation (If anyone's seen the recent Arthur movie they'd spot the Sarmatians being incorrectly identified as "Rus" or ancient Russians).

Apologies on this diversion over a minor point, but I think it's a pretty important one.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by mystiq
Once again comparing Iran to Nazi Germany? The US is the fourth Reicht

Repeating yourself does not help your point and it frankly just makes you look desperate.

A) Apparently you did not understand or comprehend my point because I was not comparing Iran to Germany. I will try and explain myself so even you can understand. I was only pointing out that both countries have beautiful landscapes and it has nothing to do with their government.

B) Your U.S. is the fourth reicht comment is really sad, pathetic, ignorant and totally baseless.
Thumbs down for being disingenuous or just plain silly.

Look desperate. About what. And its you repeated yourself. When the truth is not in your camp.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The comment about Iranian weapons being used against U.S. soldiers in Iraq seems to have little backing. The U.S. had gathered a bunch of weapons that they had recovered and claimed that they were from Iran. They had a news conferance scheduled only to find that none of weapons were from Iran! Iran could be causing huge problems in Iraq if they wanted to if they started providing missiles or artilery but there are no signs of that.

Even if Iran was helping those attacking Americans, who could blame them. The U.S. has caused enough problems over there over the years meddling in their affairs and supporting Iraq in their war against them. I'm surprised the Iranians don't hate the U.S. From Wikipedia:

"In 1953 the United States played a significant role in orchestrating the overthrow of Iran's popular Prime Minister, Mohammed Massadegh. The Eisenhower Administration believed its actions were justified for strategic reasons; but the coup was clearly a setback for Iran's political development. And it is easy to see now why many Iranians continue to resent this intervention by America in their internal affairs."

Iran being a threat to anyone is a joke. They are perfectly entitiled to a nuclear energy program. And even if they did develop a nuclear weapon, the government is not crazy enough to use it. They know they'd be wiped off the face of the planet by Israel or the U.S. A pre-emptive war to guard against this possibility is unjustified and against international law.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

This message brought to you by the Iranian National Tourism Board.

Oh PAALLLEEEAAASSSEEE!

Are you kidding me? No one and I mean no one says that Iranians are savages living in Caves. That is the equvalent stupidity of saying that anyone who disagrees with Obama is obviously a racist.

Aquavelvajhad the lovely and honorable leader of the beautiful and peaceful Iranian nation stated that "Iran will wipe Israel off the face of the earth." AND "The Holocaust was a fabrication." AND... you get the point. the nation is actively killing U.S. soldiers. They want nukes.

Jusy like us in the U.S. you might hate the Politicians but the pols start the wars. The people must pay.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Thank you for making this thread...

we are all on the same team..all humans

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyAllKnowledge

Iranian is a cultural/ethnic group with a similar language.

I guess you did some research into this, since the last time I brought this up. I am basing this on theories that are in turn, based on linguistics.
But, there is a serious link, here, and racial connections usually have not much more than language to work with.
If you have gone into this further and discount it, then I am not going to argue it.
But I think there is a cultural link, if not a racial link, between Iran and England.
My point is we should not look at Iran as being in any way inferior to ourselves, and as such, OK to exterminate.
We are talking about people who are mostly more advanced than we are and at least have a history that is superior in a lot of ways.
The one Iranian (Persian) girl I know is in Turkey right now.
(That may be the best way to get to Iran from the US.I do not know her all that well and this is just what she said)
Anyway, she is the most gifted and talented person I happen to know, right now.
The thought of a bunch of people like her (or her, if they did it in the next two weeks) being blown up by a piece of **** like bush makes me very upset.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

My point is you cannot compare one to the other. If one needs to see why a preemptive war is a bad idea all one needs to do is look to Iraq. An now we have people willing to make the same mistake again. This is the reason history will always repeat...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I can't believe there are now plans to attack Iran? It's like people have just forgotten all the bull# reasons to attack Iraq.

I mean sure I have heard of history repeating itself, but this is just retarded. Is US really a democrazy if the goverment can attack country number 1 (Iraq) based on lies and then a few years later can attack country number 2 (Iran) with the same reasons?

Iraq facts: No WMD's found (Duh). No al-qaida links. Almost a million civilians dead. 4 million refugees. Thousands of american soldiers dead and many more wounded.

Iran facts: How many countries has Iran attacked? Answer: 0
US intelligence made a joint statement recently saying Iran was not developing nukes but still the Bush regime goes on?

Why not put Bush on trial for crimes against humanity and for deceiving the american public?

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Shades1035]

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join